Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

BMW 1000RR vs 1000hp Supra 7175

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is anyone else not impressed with the "1000hp" supra.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:33 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Not impressed with the driver, impressed with the car.
Those bikes weigh 450ish and make 180-190rwhp. They're ******* fast, period. Now imagine it with a 100-shot or a turbo.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evangto87
is anyone else not impressed with the "1000hp" supra.
I think the fact that the supra ran with a mid to low 9 sec bike... with shifts that slow? man im impressed.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Not impressed with the driver, impressed with the car.
Those bikes weigh 450ish and make 180-190rwhp. They're ******* fast, period. Now imagine it with a 100-shot or a turbo.
A simple 30 or 50 shot will easily have it putting busses on this supra. No problem.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:29 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
A simple 30 or 50 shot will easily have it putting busses on this supra. No problem.
But we want to **** it up majorly. Put lightyears on it.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by audacious nick
But we want to **** it up majorly. Put lightyears on it.
LOL....

My bike will do it...
Old 07-29-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

my point is that the supra has "1000hp" and isnt beating the bike. I understand how fast that bike is. My point is that anything with 1000 hp... should pull that bike pretty damn good. If that was a 1000hp turboed z06.... im willing to bet it would have been ugly for the bike. Im just completely unimpressed with how fast supras are for the power they make.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I hear ya Evan but did you hear how s-l-o-w........ he was shifting... Every gear he pulled that bike but because he shifts slower then molasses... the bike makes the distant up...
Old 07-29-2012, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

my point is that the supra has "1000hp" and isnt beating the bike. I understand how fast that bike is. My point is that anything with 1000 hp... should pull that bike pretty damn good. If that was a 1000hp turboed z06.... im willing to bet it would have been ugly for the bike. Im just completely unimpressed with how fast supras are for the power they make.
exactly...

"my supra makes 1000 to the tire!"

whats it run?

"10.50"

lol
Old 07-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Teching In

A few years ago I would agree with this comment. However, between the last even 5 or 6 years bikes have become ridiculously fast. Bikes like the 05 ZX-10R that were the fastest bikes in their prime, with fully built engines are now being out ran by these new bikes bone stock. A stock S1000RR easily leaves a head, cammed, bolt on 04-07 ZX-10R. That bike was literally the fastest bike followed very closely by the GSXR 1000 back then. These new bikes are ridiculous and it now would take probably closer to 1200 rwhp to really dominate a bike. That's no bs. The S1000RR is fast, the new ZX-10R is fast, the new 1199 Panigale is ridiculous. The days of 800 rwhp well driven Supra's taking down liter bikes are long gone. Definitely takes a lot more power. I am willing to bet pay checks that a bolt on S1000RR would have no problem leaving a 1000 hp Z06. There's a risky (Gallardo owner on ls1tech) video of a 7-800 (can't remember) GTR being ran down by a bolt on S1000RR. The GTR was given a few cars and was easily pulled. Great quality video and there is no driver error or rider error for that matter.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

A few years ago I would agree with this comment. However, between the last even 5 or 6 years bikes have become ridiculously fast. Bikes like the 05 ZX-10R that were the fastest bikes in their prime, with fully built engines are now being out ran by these new bikes bone stock. A stock S1000RR easily leaves a head, cammed, bolt on 04-07 ZX-10R. That bike was literally the fastest bike followed very closely by the GSXR 1000 back then. These new bikes are ridiculous and it now would take probably closer to 1200 rwhp to really dominate a bike. That's no bs. The S1000RR is fast, the new ZX-10R is fast, the new 1199 Panigale is ridiculous. The days of 800 rwhp well driven Supra's taking down liter bikes are long gone. Definitely takes a lot more power. I am willing to bet pay checks that a bolt on S1000RR would have no problem leaving a 1000 hp Z06. There's a risky (Gallardo owner on ls1tech) video of a 7-800 (can't remember) GTR being ran down by a bolt on S1000RR. The GTR was given a few cars and was easily pulled. Great quality video and there is no driver error or rider error for that matter.
X2... Well spoken
Old 08-05-2012, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

sick bike...man they were cooookin the both of em those cars they were passing were going by QUICK!! cool vid
Old 08-05-2012, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nevrlift13
sick bike...man they were cooookin the both of em those cars they were passing were going by QUICK!! cool vid
You know, the more i watch this video the less it makes any sense.

The owner of the bike posted on another forum saying with the gearing he has on it, it will not go over 170mph, but the guy who posted the video claim it was a 60-200 pull.

So we know it's probably a 60-170 pull with a 1000cc bike starting in 2nd gear.

Now the first pull you can't see/hear enough to figure anything out, but on that second pull the bike is wide open for over 12 seconds without hitting the limiter.

That means it's taking 12+seconds to go 60-170.

Now i was curious how my own, MUCH slower bike compares to this. I've never used any sort of acceleration timer, but i looked at one of my own 60-160 pulls and it was about 14 seconds.

Obviously this isn't the least bit scientific, but knowing how hard an aggressively geared, high powered liter will pull to the limiter this one just doesn't seem that fast.

He's 2 seconds faster covering 10mph more top end, on a lighter bike, with a quickshifter, that should trap almost 20mph more than mine?

The other thing that strikes me as weird is how with the gearing he has, he has no trouble holding the front end down. That bike sounds like it's in the powerband in 2nd gear on the hit, and doesn't wheelie in the slightest on either pull (pulls about 1" off the ground for a split second on the first run when the suspension unloads).

My friend's modded ZX10R is geared the same way, he's heavier than the rider in the video, and he doesn't have a hope of holding the front end down from a 2nd gear whack and go 60 roll like this rider seemed to have no trouble with. He's a good rider so he ends up accelerating for quite a while with the front tire 6" off the ground as he modulates the throttle...something this guy, on a bike that should be every bit as brutal, didn't have any issue with.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beans
You know, the more i watch this video the less it makes any sense.

The owner of the bike posted on another forum saying with the gearing he has on it, it will not go over 170mph, but the guy who posted the video claim it was a 60-200 pull.

So we know it's probably a 60-170 pull with a 1000cc bike starting in 2nd gear.

Now the first pull you can't see/hear enough to figure anything out, but on that second pull the bike is wide open for over 12 seconds without hitting the limiter.

That means it's taking 12+seconds to go 60-170.

Now i was curious how my own, MUCH slower bike compares to this. I've never used any sort of acceleration timer, but i looked at one of my own 60-160 pulls and it was about 14 seconds.

Obviously this isn't the least bit scientific, but knowing how hard an aggressively geared, high powered liter will pull to the limiter this one just doesn't seem that fast.

He's 2 seconds faster covering 10mph more top end, on a lighter bike, with a quickshifter, that should trap almost 20mph more than mine?

The other thing that strikes me as weird is how with the gearing he has, he has no trouble holding the front end down. That bike sounds like it's in the powerband in 2nd gear on the hit, and doesn't wheelie in the slightest on either pull (pulls about 1" off the ground for a split second on the first run when the suspension unloads).

My friend's modded ZX10R is geared the same way, he's heavier than the rider in the video, and he doesn't have a hope of holding the front end down from a 2nd gear whack and go 60 roll like this rider seemed to have no trouble with. He's a good rider so he ends up accelerating for quite a while with the front tire 6" off the ground as he modulates the throttle...something this guy, on a bike that should be every bit as brutal, didn't have any issue with.
Can't answer the question about their speed. But I can ease your curiosity about keeping the front wheel down. The S1000RR comes standard with anti wheelie that works very very well. He either had that and traction control engaged or; even if not, the S1000RR can be kept tamed in the right hands even if it's in its powerband. When BMW designed the bike they built the chassis to constantly be able to put power to the ground with minimal rider input necessary. Think of it as the GT-R of bikes. So, even going wide open throttle in second, it still takes a good amount of throttle to get the front wheel to stand up while laying over the tank. It's hard to tell unless you are looking at a tach or some sort of meter that measures throttle percentage to really know when the bike is 100% wide open. He more than likely just eased his way up to 100% throttle.

*** Upon further review. You can tell he has anti-wheelie activated. Just as the front wheel begins to lift in the first race; listen to the bike. There is a split second of slight power loss, wheel comes down, then he's 100% again. Literally a split second that you can hear before it goes 100% wide open again.

Last edited by Tracked350Z; 08-05-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

*** Upon further review. You can tell he has anti-wheelie activated. Just as the front wheel begins to lift in the first race; listen to the bike. There is a split second of slight power loss, wheel comes down, then he's 100% again. Literally a split second that you can hear before it goes 100% wide open again.
You're right. When you look really closely you can see the bike lose power for a split second on the hit. I never thought anti-wheelie would step in at 1" of wheelie, but apparently in race mode the bike allows absolutely no wheelie. As soon as it detects it, it cuts power completely.

The system does not have a pitch angle gyro (only has a lean angle gyro) so it works only on wheel speed detection. It doesn't know if the front tire is 3 feet off the ground or 3 millimeters, to the computer it looks the same so it kills the motor.

Apparently this can create a po-go effect of bobbing up and down at wide open throttle as the system switches on and off. Probably an issue that's much worse for poorly positioned riders, but either way a lot of people don't like the system.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bike should go with stock sprockets. I don't get why guys are gearing these new bikes. Mines does 106 in first !!!! All your doing by gearing it is hurting your self an limiting the bikes potential. Maybe on a road course I can understand a little but not on highway runs

Quick Reply: BMW 1000RR vs 1000hp Supra 7175