Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran into a Mach 1 and a GTO tonight

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the Mach 1's defense, I think with a tire he would have made a dig run very interesting with those 4.10's. If I see him around again I'll try to set it up.

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Jay would let me drive his car... now THAT would be something!
Good runs.
It would be interesting to see the two GTO's race, once with Jay driving and once with you driving.

Originally Posted by evangto87
Someone please torch a full bolt on stick mach!!.
I don't think I've ever seen a full bolt-on Mach 1 around here. There was another red one (5-speed) that had a few bolt-ons and ran high 12's. He was hanging out with the guy that had the supercharged S197 that I raced, but I never got a chance to line up with the Mach 1.

Originally Posted by Cwarta
How appropriate is this race anyways
When the Mach 1 pulled in, I told punishmentcycle and his eyes lit up, lol. We weren't out to make anyone look foolish, and just wanted a good friendly race, but I couldn't pass up the chance to race one after that other thread punishmentcycle made sure the GTO went along for the ride

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Nice races!

Originally Posted by BottleMach
That acceleration contest with the Mach was Fugly ... Good kill!
I've never been in an automatic Mach 1, but I'm guessing that speed wasn't favorable to him. I bet a dig or low roll would have let him do much better.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

Like you said screaminredz - had to be a bad speed for the mach. Surely a dig or different speed would have produced less embarrassing results
Old 08-09-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't ask for a better example. Could the Mach had dOne something different.. Of course, did he choose the wrong race for himself.. Yea deff but the out come would have been the same... I'm just happy I finally got jay (Gto) to use his car.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Teching In

What do you consider a "full bolt-on" Mach?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:00 PM

Me? I would think all the basics, plus headers, gears, and sticky tires. Most of the ones I run into are just your basic cold air, x-pipe, catback cars. Some might have a tune or gears, but I haven't run into one with all of the above.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

No freakin' way that happened.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Launching!

What do you consider a "full bolt-on" Mach?
I think Full bolt-ons means pretty much the same on every car, all the mods outside of engines internals and no power adders of course.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by V8EATR
inb4automachcriesfoul
^This
Old 08-09-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Inb4automachSaysyouLetoff4theGto race
Old 08-09-2012, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs. That Mach got a whoopin. Maybe we should start a fund for everyone to contribute to so SRZ and I can buy a Mach and full bolt-ons for it, then race it against all the GTO's we can find and post vids.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

few years back, i raced my buddies mach 1 with my gto. My gto was trapping 114-115mph at that time. I had an extra 500lbs of passengers in the car. My buddies mach had an extra 150lbs in it. His car was full exhaust (longtubes back), 4.88 gears, 28 inch slicks, skinnies, tubular front and rear suspension, ewp, ported upper and lower intake, air intake, ud pulley, pro shift trans, advanced cams, race battery, weight reduction, etc etc. We ran from 40-120... i edged him out by a car length. And the car also has nitrous. Hes gone 11.1 at 122 on a 100 shot. I ran him on motor. Thats pretty much as max effort as you get. Short of gutting the interior.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Me? I would think all the basics, plus headers, gears, and sticky tires. Most of the ones I run into are just your basic cold air, x-pipe, catback cars. Some might have a tune or gears, but I haven't run into one with all of the above.
That's my impression too, but wanted to make sure. Outside of exhaust and an intake there isn't much more that will increase hp, and I'd say most of the machs you run into probably are full bolt on. I would consider my car a full bolt on, wouldn't you? (- the n2o)

Last edited by BottleMach; 08-09-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

full bolt ons to me means full exhaust,intake,gears and little stuff like bigger maf,fuel pump,ported tb or intake mani etc.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Thanks, last time at the track I trapped 107.4 mph and the DA was 2700'.
Good death and good kill.
+100 street credit

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Inb4automachSaysyouLetoff4theGto race
LMAO Both runs were NA in the G8, and the GTO was doing good. Its obv Automach is going to come in and complain.

Originally Posted by evangto87
we all know hes just gonna argue that the mach didnt have headers and was an automatic..... Someone please torch a full bolt on stick mach!!. O wait... i already did that in a 113mph not quite full bolt on gto... and it was an auto.....shiiit
He can't argue about it being automatic, because he has an auto that he's waiting for a converter for. Maybe he'll argue that it didn't have a converter in it, and hence wasn't full bolt on? Most likely, if a manual Mach gets torched into cinders, he'll claim the driver was granny shifting... not double clutching like he should.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's my impression too, but wanted to make sure. Outside of exhaust and an intake there isn't much more that will increase hp, and I'd say most of the machs you run into probably are full bolt on. I would consider my car a full bolt on, wouldn't you? (- the n2o)
Do mach's get slower as the more bolt ons go on? lol you said you traped 107-108 right? Your car is full bolt on, but x pipe machs from what automach1 claims trap over 110 all day. My mind=decimated.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Old 08-09-2012, 04:13 PM

I would consider your car to be full bolt-ons. I'm sure someone will argue that there's some throttle body spacer you should get or that you race with too much gas in the tank and therefore it's not a full bolt-on car, but in my opinion it is.

I do disagree that most of the Mach 1's people will run into are full bolt-on cars. I don't think I've ever seen one with headers in person and alot don't seem to have gears. There are definitely a bunch out there that are, but I think you're more likely to run into a cold air/catback/x-pipe car.

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Maybe he'll argue that it didn't have a converter in it, and hence wasn't full bolt on?
Just to be clear, the car I raced wasn't anything close to full bolt-on and I'm not trying to pass it off as such. It was just a catback/gear car with maybe a cold air.

Thanks for the street credit
Old 08-09-2012, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Who cares If your not over 120 mph gtfo ... Lol Jk
Old 08-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adamantium
Do mach's get slower as the more bolt ons go on? lol you said you traped 107-108 right? Your car is full bolt on, but x pipe machs from what automach1 claims trap over 110 all day. My mind=decimated.
Well I wouldn't go off what automach says, I think his claims are grandiose lol. I might have mislead a little, when I ran 13.1 at 107 it had gears exhaust stock weight and a bad tune. Also my exhaust is anything but efficient (it does a u-turn in the muffler for side exhaust) When I added the 85mm maf and intake I had to add 20% fuel at wot, and I don't know if the intake and maf was enough to gain 3 to 5 mph. I know my car won't see 11's without nitrous. I don't feel the 4.6 responds to bolt ons as well as the LSX but with that said we are talking about a motor almost 2ltrs smaller. I think it will take a bolt on Mach to hang with a stock GTO and a race car to hang with a bolt on GTO.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Broken record...

I used to beat bolt on machs by 10+ lengths in my GTO. Where are the mild bolt on Terminators at?

Quick Reply: Ran into a Mach 1 and a GTO tonight