Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

whats its take for a ls1 to beat a pullied 03 cobra?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Op, anything can happen on the street. Raced twice and this was by far the closest. I gave him the hit so there was no whining. This one had 315 DR`s on it. Was it driven to the best extent? No. Would it have mattered? No.

And define "pullied" becuase this car was pullied.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaSteLaSo4U
True, remember Jesse with the black Camaro? M6's do way better from a roll tho, this was with my kb on the same setup i ran you (well wit the spray tune and less timing), he on that run didn't spray me, H/C/I/E and boltons, 436ish if i can remember
http://youtu.be/bs3IsBQGt9s
Damn bro, I dont know man... lol

not sure what to make out of that vid you posted...

Jesse and I was a dead even run... but when I raced you, i lost by a much bigger margin.... wtf?

one of the following things could have happened:

-you ran jesse on that vid when your car was running crappy (remember that night I was beat you a couple of times on I-10)?

-Jesse sprayed you a lilttle?

-You sprayed me a little?

LoL.... I guess anything happens in the skreetz!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:30 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It all depends. there are some pretty sick termi's out there.

Skip to 3:00 mark to see races.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Op, anything can happen on the street. Raced twice and this was by far the closest. I gave him the hit so there was no whining. This one had 315 DR`s on it. Was it driven to the best extent? No. Would it have mattered? No.

And define "pullied" becuase this car was pullied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM8zsbuI-44&feature=plcp
nice vid!,im meaning with the smallest pulley they can put on one,2.8 im thinking im not sure
Old 08-14-2012, 06:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Damn bro, I dont know man... lol

not sure what to make out of that vid you posted...

Jesse and I was a dead even run... but when I raced you, i lost by a much bigger margin.... wtf?

one of the following things could have happened:

-you ran jesse on that vid when your car was running crappy (remember that night I was beat you a couple of times on I-10)?

-Jesse sprayed you a lilttle?

-You sprayed me a little?

LoL.... I guess anything happens in the skreetz!
Maybe he has 2 stages and used one or maybe my car was running crappy, but one thing you can be sure i didn't spray you, bet on that. When you throwing the jug on the vette?
Old 08-14-2012, 06:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PaSteLaSo4U
Maybe he has 2 stages and used one or maybe my car was running crappy, but one thing you can be sure i didn't spray you, bet on that. When you throwing the jug on the vette?
Yeah, your car had its good days but i remember towards the end of me staying in FL it was acting up sometimes.

No spray for me, i had spray on my mustang and it was fun but not for me.

Ii compare using spray to banging a really hot prostitute. Yeah you hit it and had fun but at the end of the day you cant really claim you pulled that.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

There really is a huge number of twin screw Cobras running like dog **** out there. I make 672rwhp with a lil old 2.2 on e85. If i ever had a H/C/I ls1 run within a buslength of me, i would keep driving after the run right into oncoming traffic. Both relatively full weight of course.

OP A strong running cam only car with a fast intake will give a pullied cobra all it can handle. Must be a pretty large cam though as the cobra has a huge torque advantage. See my sig and ask me how i know!!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Resident

And most ported cobras trap higher than 121. I have seen 125 from well driven and tuned full weight cars.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 451 Likes on 355 Posts

A bolt-on ls6 seems to handle a pullied cobra with ease from my experience.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by big reg
There really is a huge number of twin screw Cobras running like dog **** out there. I make 672rwhp with a lil old 2.2 on e85. If i ever had a H/C/I ls1 run within a buslength of me, i would keep driving after the run right into oncoming traffic. Both relatively full weight of course.

OP A strong running cam only car with a fast intake will give a pullied cobra all it can handle. Must be a pretty large cam though as the cobra has a huge torque advantage. See my sig and ask me how i know!!
well put,thanks for the info! i paln on spraying too,im pretty much the only ls1 guy around within like 50 miles that races in a cobra dominated town lol
Old 08-14-2012, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
A bolt-on ls6 seems to handle a pullied cobra with ease from my experience.
Your car is not the norm. Most bolton ls6 cars are in the 375-385 range. I owned one. Your also not full weight.

A full weight f-body is going to need a healthy cam and a lot of boltons but not heads for a pulled cobra. See my sig, I have owned both cars in question. The pullied cobra is more fun on the street though due to the massive torque curve.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

Old 08-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Bolt on Mach-1.
This +1
Old 08-14-2012, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

Your car is not the norm. Most bolton ls6 cars are in the 375-385 range. I owned one. Your also not full weight.

A full weight f-body is going to need a healthy cam and a lot of boltons but not heads for a pulled cobra. See my sig, I have owned both cars in question. The pullied cobra is more fun on the street though due to the massive torque curve.
I never had no problem with them when I was at/near full weight with basic bolt-ons. My car has not always been this light. The cobra does have more low rpm tq, but it lacks being able to turn as much rpm........which is more fun on the street.

youseewhatIdidthar
Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

I never had no problem with them when I was at/near full weight with basic bolt-ons. My car has not always been this light. The cobra does have more low rpm tq, but it lacks being able to turn as much rpm........which is more fun on the street.

youseewhatIdidthar
Your car runs better than every bolton ls6 f-body ive heard of. But it is not the norm, hence all the questions and doubts from others. Not me your car is obviously a freak.

I spin to almost 7k with no problem in my car. I dont do it often as i dont need to. On another note. This is one of my favorite all time vids.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Thumbs down

Your car runs better than every bolton ls6 f-body ive heard of. But it is not the norm, hence all the questions and doubts from others. Not me your car is obviously a freak.

I spin to almost 7k with no problem in my car. I dont do it often as i dont need to. On another note. This is one of my favorite all time vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z64Jx...e_gdata_player
I got my best e.t by spinning mine to 7,000 rpms; I don't like spinning it that hard though.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:52 AM
10 Second Club

They're not gonna spin that hard with a eaton. Both of you have whipples. No better then the bearings stay in them I would'nt turn it to hard if I were you.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Cool

They're not gonna spin that hard with a eaton. Both of you have whipples. No better then the bearings stay in them I would'nt turn it to hard if I were you.

So was it rpm's or tune that ate the bearings in the motor that you have?
Old 08-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can spin that hard with the stock Eaton. On my old Ported/N20 '03 I shifted at 7k and had the limiter set to 7200. Many have done it with no problems.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Launching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z64Jx...e_gdata_player
that SS makes me wna drown some kittens i friggin love it lol,that SS is a beast! whos is it ?

Quick Reply: whats its take for a ls1 to beat a pullied 03 cobra?