Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

10 SS L99 vs 06 Evo MR

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2StepsAhead
The surge housing has nothing to do with the fp wga, also it's not too popular on an fp green to need an anti surge cover...usually the bigger red/black need them but the green is so small it's not too common. They even mention going back to the stock wga in the post you linked, maybe it's just me but I couldn't tell how much louder my exhaust note got with a different wga.
They do, but only for certain boost levels. I guess the protocol is go with the actuator that FP offers that's within +-4 psi. The FP actuators are 18 psi and 25 psi, so the ones who are running the stock actuators are running lower boost levels. I think it says that boost levels fall so they go with the stock actuator when they are using the 18 psi actuator. However, someone else mentioned that the torque levels are better using the stock actuator so maybe the guy in the video was using the stock actuator. I'm fairly clueless when it comes to Evo's (contradicting I know) but I do know a thing or two as probably 10-12 people I hang around own Evo's and Sti's and run either stock turbo's or GT35R's, or the FP series turbos.

For instance the last Evo I drove, was a E85, cammed, 26 psi stock turbo car, with full supporting mods, and his car sounds about as quiet as this guys. He was also on the stock WGA.

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
What makes the FP actuator louder? I'm curious.
That I do not know, but I just know there's a difference in sound. To me it's louder. Maybe it's the difference in the surge? Someone else will have to chime in on that.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Gonna have to agree to disagree I guess, I own an evo and have dealt with upgraded turbos and wga's and really couldn't tell a discernible difference in loudness, especially listening to a video with the window open and a camaro going full throttle right next to it.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2StepsAhead
Gonna have to agree to disagree I guess, I own an evo and have dealt with upgraded turbos and wga's and really couldn't tell a discernible difference in loudness, especially listening to a video with the window open and a camaro going full throttle right next to it.
Very true.

Quick Reply: 10 SS L99 vs 06 Evo MR