Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

camaro, evo8, sti, eg hatch, 2010 SS, 2jz, mk3

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Don't flatter yourself, I'm just showing that you're not as smart as you claim to be.
Quote me once where i stated that im smart? Or smarter than anyone on here. Im on this site to learn about these cars just like everyone else is

I can't remember the last time someone on a forum, especially this forum , "stuck a nerve." Been around these parts a lot longer than you guy, you don't know about how I post. I don't post at all like I used though...

And that must be the case in every other race right? Because races always turn out the same way everywhere?
Nope, just sharing what ive personally experienced and seen first hand. Can i doubt something based on my experience? All day.
Were any digs? If so, list isn't really surprising. It's probably a poorly setup car that only shines from high rolls.
All races were from 20-40mph. He never does 60 rolls. Infact his next setup is going to be a forged/sleeved stroked GSR which he's setup up to dig. The man can drive, his old 2v GT was on a 200+shot and it would cut 1.4 60fts with a built 5 speed.

I'd love to see it work from a dig. I couldn't care less how it works from a roll really. Let me guess, majority of said videos are 40-60+ rolls. I know a few 4xx F-bodies that would run away from said Civic from a dig, which takes into account much more than a roll. Total package of the car + driver, that's a good race.
That is your opinion. If it makes you happy to beat on a civic while at its worst than thats on you. Whatever helps you sleep at night. We can sit here and argue what the definition of real race is based on opinion. That **** wont get us anywhere.

Really, we didn't need to get into all this. You just fail to realize that peak HP numbers and weight aren't all that goes into a race, even a roll.
No. im very aware of it but 90% of the time weight is a major factor in how fast a car will get. Again ive said this a million times go out drop 400lbs out of your car and report back and lmk if it gets faster. Herp Derp.

Now the problem with you is you fail to realize that just because its a turbo honda does not mean it will make 500rpms worth of power lol. Thats retarded, its all based on the setup. **** setup, **** powerband.

My friends turbo b16 would start building boost around 2,800 RPMs and make full boost around 3800ish and hold it till 9k+. Thats 5k+ of usable power. Herp derp.

For ***** sake look at lightnings teg, full trim with 450-500whp and look at the cars he is racing. Def not in the same league as a 4xxwhp f-body no matter how broad or efficient its powerband is.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
If it makes you happy to beat on a civic while at its worst than thats on you.
I can easily turn that back and say "if it makes you happy to beat on a heavier car at it's worst from a roll" but that's too obvious...well, I guess not to you.

Please post videos of the 20-40 rolls before I comment further on that (because you obviously know how I feel about "races"...)

Again ive said this a million times go out drop 400lbs out of your car and report back and lmk if it gets faster.
Does it really make you faster? I have about 400lbs of **** I took out of my roller, but I didn't realize it made me faster, I just did it to be cool.

Tell me more secrets please!!!

Now the problem with you is you fail to realize that just because its a turbo honda does not mean it will make 500rpms worth of power lol..
Oh really? That's funny you say that. Here's a post I made just about an hour ago, completing an Integra on it's good powerband...

Sounds like that teg has a good setup. Doesn't just come into boost for all of 500rpms. Sounds like it's just a nice, usable powerband.

Foot in mouth.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Banned

I can easily turn that back and say "if it makes you happy to beat on a heavier car at it's worst from a roll" but that's too obvious...well, I guess not to you.
Cool.
Please post videos of the 20-40 rolls before I comment further on that (because you obviously know how I feel about "races"...)
Sure ill get the vid of him vs the 5.0 when i go to his house one of these days when im not working late.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

How come you didn't reply to the other parts? I asked for your advice and expertise! And you know that last part was ironic.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Banned

How come you didn't reply to the other parts? I asked for your advice and expertise! And you know that last part was ironic.
Because its self explanatory. Your logic is to strong for me to handle brah.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow this thread went to **** quick. Who cares, you guys are arguing over **** that will never end. Some cars just run better than others.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

but nothing runs better than a 300whp civic.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
Because its self explanatory. Your logic is to strong for me to handle brah.
*too And I know.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

*too And I know.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

so can a Mach I beat a 300whp Civic is my question... This way i know what to get and go to Texas in March and crush those UGR Lambo's...

Originally Posted by V8EATR
but nothing runs better than a 300whp civic.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

It actually can't happen. Because they both run 10's and trap 120 so a black hole would form and swallow the universe. /thread.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Teching In

hahhaaha
Old 08-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
so can a Mach I beat a 300whp Civic is my question... This way i know what to get and go to Texas in March and crush those UGR Lambo's...
Mach1 never lose brah, and 300whp civics usually trap 150 on a good day so should be a tight one.

*too And I know.
Originally Posted by marc97taws6
hoolllly shiiiiit, this guy got me bro.

Quick Reply: camaro, evo8, sti, eg hatch, 2010 SS, 2jz, mk3