Old 08-30-2012, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats one bad effin GTR...damn!!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHitman
I've been seeing this guy do his thing. Doing work on the streets First race is him vs a big block/nitrous Fox body:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIcTW...0&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqhtH...JCA&playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoqir...d3gGou6pyjRJCA
Hitman what kit does this Guy have? Heard it was just a 9 on stock block making most of 750whp on race gas. Then heard it was a 12.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:09 PM
9 Second Club

Sweet GT-R.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Hitman what kit does this Guy have? Heard it was just a 9 on stock block making most of 750whp on race gas. Then heard it was a 12.
If he's only making 750 whp, I would doubt it's a 12. Alpha 9 sounds dead on especially if he's on the stock block. Pump gas 12's have made in excess of 900 whp. The 9's made right around 750-800 on race fuel.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:35 AM
On The Tree

AMS confirmed the car as a stock block/trans Alpha 9 car. It runs pretty hard for having that kit on a stock engine/trans setup.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

On a side note, that mustang def. came off the ground a little lol.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Every time I see videos of bolt-on GT-R's terrorizing the streets, I want one badly.

But the looks are still yet to grow on me... Maybe I'll get there someday
I would demod and sell a bunch of my cars to get one-they are beasts. But ugh they are so damn ugly

Originally Posted by WSsick
I can see why OP nuthugs GT-Rs so much, they are no doubt the perfect platform for street racing, from digs especially. TT, AWD, and dual clutch trans. Racing a modded GT-R on the street from a dig for money is just dumb unless that road is prepped to **** or you have something of the like to fight it.

It's just a damn shame that front end is so horrendous. They haven't grown an inch on me, maybe they'll have a next gen that actually looks the part.

Side note- We need to separate actual kill stories from youtube finds somehow.
I agree. The looks kill it for me. If not I would get one and sell everything. They are just about perfect with mods-rolls,from a dig,forced induction car etc...

The more I see GTR's the more I want one.

Me too then I notice the looks-barf
Old 08-31-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

These are your only choices for changing the looks of the GTR Mike...lol
http://www.body-kitz.com/contents/en...body-kits.html
Old 08-31-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I would demod and sell a bunch of my cars to get one-they are beasts. But ugh they are so damn ugly

I agree. The looks kill it for me. If not I would get one and sell everything. They are just about perfect with mods-rolls,from a dig,forced induction car etc...

Me too then I notice the looks-barf
Hopefully they work on the front end with the new models.

I'd love to spend the extra money for a car that deserves it performance wise - but for me, I'm content with losing a race knowing that I 100% absolutely love the looks of my car, because at the end of the day, that is what you wake up and walk out to your garage to. A Grand Sport/Z06/ZR1 - hell even a 5th gen Camaro (flame away) look better to me than a GT-R. Nobody can deny how much they ROLL OUT though
Old 08-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully they work on the front end with the new models.

I'd love to spend the extra money for a car that deserves it performance wise - but for me, I'm content with losing a race knowing that I 100% absolutely love the looks of my car, because at the end of the day, that is what you wake up and walk out to your garage to. A Grand Sport/Z06/ZR1 - hell even a 5th gen Camaro (flame away) look better to me than a GT-R. Nobody can deny how much they ROLL OUT though
You're not losing too many races in a ZR1, nor a modded Z06 for that matter. Check out the other thread with the Z06 vs. GTR. lol Goes both ways.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That GTR = NASTY!! Nice job on that car..
BB Fox = Pile of ****...missed all the way down the track...not to mention didnt leave for ****..

69 Camaro = Awesome looking car, spinning aint winning and for some reason he let out WAY too early in a 1/4.... with enough dope maybe he would have caught him..(probably not though)...not sure why he shut down so early, maybe he felt the rape happening and said it wasnt worth continuing on.

I don't care for the way GTRs look but they are straight up the nastiest cars you can buy for street/dig racing....(besides million dollar TT lambos..LOL)

I know we have a 650 awhp GTR here and he ***** up everything he lines up with...including 850 rwhp C6s...

Old 08-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
True. All the riders were below average. However, how many people can say they raced a F40? Let alone a modded one? Good kill. Is this a 9 sec GTR?
Guessing by the way he walked that old *** GSXR1000 and lightly walked that R1 (rider let up or short shifted higher in the mph range) that his car is a 9.4 - 9.6 second 1/4 mile GTR. Not too shabby at all.
Every time I see videos of bolt-on GT-R's terrorizing the streets, I want one badly.

Originally Posted by WSsick
I can see why OP nuthugs GT-Rs so much, they are no doubt the perfect platform for street racing, from digs especially...
It's just a damn shame that front end is so horrendous. They haven't grown an inch on me, maybe they'll have a next gen that actually looks the part.
I would already own one if the looks weren't so bland AND if they weren't made by Japan's worst automaker. Seriously fellas, Nissan makes garbage and would already have been demoted to the dustbins of history if it wasn't for the GTR (reputation modifier/fixer) and the Altima/Sentra combo.

Having only two decent selling models isn't enough lipstick to make the ugly pig that nissan has become palatable to the masses as a legitimate Japanese automaker. It took the GTR's birth and continued resilience to keep that decrepit company alive IMO. That, and countless merger/ collaborations on vehicle engines/drivetrains/chassis platforms to substitute for Nissan's lack of engineering prowess.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm personally the complete opposite. The more I see these cars the more I want to mod my car and stomp one of them.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

All I have now is a truck, boat, and jet ski. Not modding anything within the next few years to compete with one
Old 09-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Teching In

$80,000 car and extremely fragile too.....they should win with AWD of course on the street. Is the tranny still $25K to repair if it breaks? Comparing that car to a BB Fox Body that could be built for $30K or less doesn't make sense to me.

The cars are very impressive though but the cost of the car and then upkeep is insane IMO.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jmasse
$80,000 car and extremely fragile too.....they should win with AWD of course on the street. Is the tranny still $25K to repair if it breaks? Comparing that car to a BB Fox Body that could be built for $30K or less doesn't make sense to me.

The cars are very impressive though but the cost of the car and then upkeep is insane IMO.
Fragile? As an owner I'm gonna straight up say that you are 100% wrong on this post.

First of all I put over 30,000 miles on my car with no issues, almost 15,000 of those miles on my current setup. I also have 37 recorded drag launches on my car at 4100rpms. Still running like a champ to this day and I should have a video of it on the Nurbrugring and 200mph Autobahn run soon.

Also this is a street race, you run what you brung and hope you brung enough. The GT-R isn't even supposed to be a 1/4 mile king or anything like that but it is showing that it is a well rounded competitor. In street races you got guys with $70,000 Z06's and $60+ k GT500's so what's the big deal?

One last thing, transmission fixes are not $25,000 and never were, whatever 3rd or 4th point of contact or friend of a brother's friend you got that from is dead wrong.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

In that camaro race it looks like he starts pulling back on him pretty good and then lets off. Maybe its just me?
Old 09-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jmasse

Hey ace.... you are still jocking a fox body.....just the most expensive one around THAT YOU WILL NEVER RECOUP 1/2 your initial investment on... AND IT'S A POS that you just might DIE in....

"Fragile"??? ok. Whatever. You win ace.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by nickate
Hey ace.... you are still jocking a fox body.....just the most expensive one around THAT YOU WILL NEVER RECOUP 1/2 your initial investment on... AND IT'S A POS that you just might DIE in....

Please tell me you are kidding or drunk.....
Old 09-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nickate

Ok "ace" (aka DA)......does it look like I drive a fox body in my sig? The video had one in it but you probably don't know what a fox body is. My point was simple. The GTR is a very impressive car but it also very complicated and extremely expensive to maintain/repair/buy compared to an LS car. Isn't this an LS website? Just checking.

Go troll around with your keyboard on an import forum.

Note: I am not sure what "jocking" a car means.....maybe that's an import thing?

Quick Reply: $$ race GT-R vs Big block Nitrous Mustang