Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a C5 vette, 5th gen ss, and 98 cobra last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I mean...don't think that's quite accurate.
Sure.

Originally Posted by oddwraith

It's not anything about your "buddy" bro. It's really just about "you", in this point in time. We all have buddies, but not all of us bank on them so much...must be a Miami thing ? You argue fact with opinion and think everyone should eat it up because your buddy this and your buddy that. Get your buddy on here then....

Free seat to Buddy Holly and *crickets*. Why do you insist on not knowing when to quit anyways? Surely you don't think what you are saying makes any sense do you? Lol. Do you drive a mystic teal Camaro by any chance...

*No one on here respects anything other than GM? Really? I think Ohio's brute is smashing (yes I even said smashing lol). I love Lambos, '03 and up Vipers, and I really dig what the GTR has become. As far as German engineering, GREAT stuff! You sound butthurt about details and in denial. Kudos for ...something I guess. I'll find something for you to be proud about, or I'll ask a buddy for some ideas.
Was not talking to you.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
No one on here respects anything but GM cars, sorry. Ive been on here long enough to see that.

Couldn't.**
I'd say I am in pretty regular contact via text with about 7 or so guys from here that don't think that way at all and would disagree with you on that notion. It is common knowledge (at least in my eyes) that a true car enthusiast will enjoy any fast car - because it is fast!

When you come into a GM site, it is pretty obvious what the bias will be towards. Same as svtp, hondatech, moddedmustangs, etc.

I will always respect a fast car, but it doesn't mean I have to respect the looks of it. That comes down to personal preference and is a different topic for a different day.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Of all the forums I am on(I have a lot of cars) this one is a lot better than those in regards to being fan boys and bias. People will get flamed to high hell by their peers with bogus claims on here even if they have a 4th gen Fbody LS1(most popular car on this forum) ....
Old 09-04-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
One of these nights I'm going to get you to get on here whilst drunk and call me your favorite republican ever. THEN hell might freeze over lol
Lol. You never know lol. I keep an open mind

Originally Posted by adamantium
Yup looks like you should def teach him a thing or two about whats what on a car.

No one on here respects anything but GM cars, sorry. Ive been on here long enough to see that.

Couldn't.**

Yet to hear full exhaust used when including headers till now, and ive been to the races and been around cars since i was 15. Like i said i guess people in miami don't use that term. Usually to be clear everyone around here lists their mods.

A catback for a f-body is completely different than what a catback is for a honda, or vws, or nissans, or mazdas. Just sayin. Its pretty vague.

Full exhaust around here is said because usually the full exhaust system (from header collector back) has been redone or modded. The correct term for that is a header back anyways. No need to continue this argument. If it helps members then ill edit my OP so you guys can stop whining.
Sorry, I assumed I was included in "everyone". I could care less what you call things, but it's just some of your statements in general. They are edgy and opinionated; yet you are surprised, and almost offended when people take you wrong, or disagree with you, or cite you on fact whenever you're stating opinion as fact.

Whatever dude, cool thread!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oddwraith
I could care less what you call things
See above post directed at adam

My pet peeve
Old 09-04-2012, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

I've had must mustangs, imports etc- I can respect anything done right in response to a lot of what yo guys said earlier. Adam you seem like you know your stuff; but on this site everyone says headers=full exhaust.

Can't we all just get along you guys...
Old 09-04-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

Well this thread got out of hand. I for one respect anything fast, but I don't necessarily like them all. But full exhaust still=headers back to the tips. I have never, ever heard anybody argue differently. Not sure what's so hard to understand. Anyways..
Old 09-04-2012, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by why87
Well this thread got out of hand. I for one respect anything fast, but I don't necessarily like them all. But full exhaust still=headers back to the tips. I have never, ever heard anybody argue differently. Not sure what's so hard to understand. Anyways..
Agree, i was bored in class and read the whole thing, let me quote this and if i mispell anything dont take it to seriously

"anywhere i mean everywhere i have ever gone full exhaust=headers all the way to the back i lived in mexico and the term is the same including some parts of london so yeah that is not an argument"

And about auto vs m6 that is a no brainer, someked quite a few m6 with my auto which i believe has a stall *i bought the car like that* and similar mods i havent lost even a few 2010 ss have seen my plates so yeah its personal preference but in MY OWN EXPERIENCE auto with stall beats m6 with same mods even faster cars

Enough said
Old 09-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Of all the forums I am on(I have a lot of cars) this one is a lot better than those in regards to being fan boys and bias. People will get flamed to high hell by their peers with bogus claims on here even if they have a 4th gen Fbody LS1(most popular car on this forum) ....
Sadly. To be honest, this sire is the worst when it comes to fanboy-ism, and being 1d minded.

Alot of people on Honda-tech respect and love LSx cars, and domestics. Infact theres a whole non honda section with a domestic thread, that i post in every so often

the local forum im on is a mix of import owners an domestics owners, anything from 200hp all motor hondas, to h/c fbody to ZR1s to 800+ GTRs and 1000+hp Supras and bikes, everyone on there actually shows love to all cars.

Even my tuner who learned most of the **** he knows about tuning on hondas, he has tuned a 1000hp 5th gen, an LS6 cam only Rx7, 2 turbo foxbodys, and several other random ****. I have alot of friends with many different cars, i see the pros and cons of each every time im with them. I am the most unbiased person.

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I've had must mustangs, imports etc- I can respect anything done right in response to a lot of what yo guys said earlier. Adam you seem like you know your stuff; but on this site everyone says headers=full exhaust.

Can't we all just get along you guys...
Yeah. Believe me the hate ive seen to anything not GM or fanboy-ism for anything GM is pretty damn common in this section. Maybe not you 5 or so members but what i see on the everyday basis is pure GM fanboi-ism. Sorry guys.

I edited the first post for the guys who kept whining about the full exhaust thing.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:55 AM
10 Second Club

Vid or it never happened
Old 09-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1_MEANZ28
Vid or it never happened
Okay? It never happened then. kthxbai.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:14 AM
10 Second Club

So u started a car behind everyone and still managed to almost pass them all?.. That's one fast firebird
Old 09-05-2012, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 AM
10 Second Club

Lololol
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1_MEANZ28
So u started a car behind everyone and still managed to almost pass them all?.. That's one fast firebird
Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

wow... thats a scary sight!

Originally Posted by alexcoreas

Quick Reply: Ran a C5 vette, 5th gen ss, and 98 cobra last night