Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**VID IS BACK** ZR1 vs 4h Gen SS LS2&nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroZ28_LS1
weird... I was spinning my 315 nitto Dr's on 19 psi when I was on motor from a 1st gear hit. I spin my MT's from a 1st gear hit now. your car must suffer on the low end or something lol. And I have had close calls on both street and dr's. More so with the Dr's in the rain. I have a decent rear suspension set up as well that either hooks hard or will just spin the tires. but they dig hard.
Thing is I have 3:42 gear which is helping a lot, I think. I would not go with a bigger gear than 3:73 with nitrous for my setup on the streets. My N/A setup aint too bad, you can see that in 2nd gear my low/mid power against the ZR1 at 1:10 or so..

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I hated driving with my MT DR's in the rain. I always had to slow. To 20-30. If not the *** wants to come around.
I feel you, my friend lost control of his foxbody and hit a railguard at under 50mph..it really sucked!!

Originally Posted by m_liel
Once you get to a certain power level it will be street tires that will be dangerous over Dr's. lol I wouldn't dare ride around on a regular street radial, and I don't drive my car in the rain either.
I know what you mean, but I dont use nitrous very frequently, unlike you who have 700rwhp++ everytime you step on it!! I have 600rwhp MAX(depends on the dyno) But yeah Nitto nt05 are up next. My 555s have less thread now...2years later but I really like em.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wicked383lt1
Good kill/death OP.

Off topic...@mannyman84 everytime I see your pic of the gta it reminds me of this old dude that traded his during cash for clunkers. It had original 60k on it and was mint. They gave him $4k and a car payment for tge next 5yrs. What a shame!
That's fucked up. I would never trade my car. Especially not for cash for clunkers
Old 09-17-2012, 05:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looked good pulling around the ZR1. Gotta be a good feeling.

Quick Reply: **VID IS BACK** ZR1 vs 4h Gen SS LS2&nitrous