Honda vs Hiho..going down tonight -VIDEO ON PG 3-

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
So the Honda wasn't brake boosting?

Nice kill where vid
No point to brake boost lower than 60mph on the 205 street tires. No traction.

Need to do some editing on the video,trying to do that today.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Teching In

In for the videos. I had Hiho picked as the victor from the start.

We have a few 9sec Hondas around my area, since RLZ is only 45mins away. However, the ones that come out on the street are usually a disappointment.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
In for the videos. I had Hiho picked as the victor from the start.

We have a few 9sec Hondas around my area, since RLZ is only 45mins away. However, the ones that come out on the street are usually a disappointment.
Ya there is a few 9-10 second civic around here as well. But the ones on the street don't run near that. And then the few 9-10 second ones usually get 1-3 passes in and they break.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
So the Honda wasn't brake boosting?

Nice kill where vid
What 03 said....but on the last run I tried to give him time to spool. I heard it sucking before I drove away.....but jesus....How much time am I suppose to give before I get with my program?? All that brake boosting, waiting, jacking off gets on my nerves. Imo if these guys pick a turbo/combo that don't spool then that's their problem. I've ran these cars before on random encounters and hand them yell out their window to give them a second to get ready for spoolin. I mean come on, that ***** a joke.....same with 60 biscuits

Oh yea...thanks to all for the confidence
Old 09-09-2012, 02:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
What 03 said....but on the last run I tried to give him time to spool. I heard it sucking before I drove away.....but jesus....How much time am I suppose to give before I get with my program?? All that brake boosting, waiting, jacking off gets on my nerves. Imo if these guys pick a turbo/combo that don't spool then that's their problem. I've ran these cars before on random encounters and hand them yell out their window to give them a second to get ready for spoolin. I mean come on, that ***** a joke.....same with 60 biscuits

I wouldn't give forever. But he should brake boost fast..I know the evo's and few others here don't need long at all
Old 09-10-2012, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Exactly. As the old saying goes, "run what you brung". If someone's turbo setup takes a while to spool-up, then that's how their car runs and they need to deal with it. Not act like its a handicap and need to be given "time" or some sort of advantage. That crap is B.S. That's like someone saying they don't have drag radials or the right tire so they should be given the "jump".
Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

Well r6 some people roll on dr's all the time. I don't but I do roll on r-compound rr tires for summer. I'm not trying to out tire some one. But if the characteristics of your engine/ car combo causes someone to win or lose then so be it.

I come from a real racing back ground(grand am gt, alms gt, IMSA, speed vision, prototypes). In real racing some cars are stronger in certain ares than other cars. If the turbo don't spool coming off a corner and the n/a car gets a jump out of the corner because of that, then that's the way it is. It then is a benefit to the n/a car. These 4cyl turbo guys want to brake boost to overcome the lag of there little motor....that's bs.....you picked it.....now live with it.

I have the vids on my puter. I have to edit them a little before I post up. This is my 1st try at this so be patient....lol
Old 09-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Well r6 some people roll on dr's all the time. I don't but I do roll on r-compound rr tires for summer. I'm not trying to out tire some one. But if the characteristics of your engine/ car combo causes someone to win or lose then so be it.

I come from a real racing back ground(grand am gt, alms gt, IMSA, speed vision, prototypes). In real racing some cars are stronger in certain ares than other cars. If the turbo don't spool coming off a corner and the n/a car gets a jump out of the corner because of that, then that's the way it is. It then is a benefit to the n/a car. These 4cyl turbo guys want to brake boost to overcome the lag of there little motor....that's bs.....you picked it.....now live with it.

I have the vids on my puter. I have to edit them a little before I post up. This is my 1st try at this so be patient....lol
Thats like saying you cant use launch control or a tranny brake when your launching you car. Im not saying you should wait for him to be ready to honk, but its the same concept as staging.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

brake boosting is quite the normal thing to do. If he couldnt brake boost due to lack of traction, then his setup sucks. My buddies rx7 jumps out HARD from brake boosting. But if he doesnt, he will fall back about a car length on the hit. His car is also just plain silly though
Old 09-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Thats like saying you cant use launch control or a tranny brake when your launching you car. Im not saying you should wait for him to be ready to honk, but its the same concept as staging.
If Hio can't do it, then it's cheating.

Last edited by dsmfan95; 09-10-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I sort of figured lol...
Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
If Hio can't do it, then it's cheating.
It's a crutch....you need it I don't. Just like ordering and hauling fuel for your car. Just like I said in the above post about brake boosting....in real racing it don't happen. This is the problem with some of you. You want something to lean on......put a smaller turbo on it so it spools quicker.......ooohhhh....but wait.....then you can't make the power you want. So then you run the bigger turbo and jack the other guy off to wait on you. That's b.s.

The guy with the Honda wanted to run from a 25 and a 60. I told him I knew what he was trying to do. He was willing to give the 25 away to get his 60. I told him I was'nt gonna do that. I told him to pick a speed and we settled on a 50/45 area. I asked him what his purpose was in the run.....was it to see how his car runs???? cause if it is we have to go from a dig. Of coarse he did'nt want to do that unless he has his slicks on. So now to run from a dig he wants a non dot tire his car to my rain freindly dot tire....always a crutch

Then I asked him if he just wanted to beat me.....and of coarse that's why he was wanting a 60 and willing to through the 25 away.

In the end I gave him his 60 but that's not on vid because of 03's flyby on us.....lol But only because I knew I had him covered there to.

Vid will be up soon. I need a swirly thing for his plate and I can't find it.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by evangto87
brake boosting is quite the normal thing to do. If he couldnt brake boost due to lack of traction, then his setup sucks.
AGREED, He needs to work on making his setup work better, pretty much anything under a 65 mph roll, the Civic can't cut it.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:02 PM
10 Second Club

It takes less time to brake boost than it does to honk 3 times. If that honda couldn't do it, it was the driver's fault.

You should never be waiting on anyone. That's just part of driving a turbo car.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Teching In

In the end I gave him his 60 but that's not on vid because of 03's flyby on us.....lol But only because I knew I had him covered there to.
Lmao, any chance i get to fly by you at 110 + I'm gonna take it

I didn't see any brake lights . lol
Old 09-10-2012, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03turbomach1
Lmao, any chance i get to fly by you at 110 + I'm gonna take it

I didn't see any brake lights . lol
lol....I'll post that vid too....because the b-lights are on.....***
Old 09-10-2012, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beans
It takes less time to brake boost than it does to honk 3 times. If that honda couldn't do it, it was the driver's fault.

You should never be waiting on anyone. That's just part of driving a turbo car.
Yup! Nice races thought
Old 09-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Teching In

It's a crutch....you need it I don't. Just like ordering and hauling fuel for your car. Just like I said in the above post about brake boosting....in real racing it don't happen. This is the problem with some of you. You want something to lean on......put a smaller turbo on it so it spools quicker.......ooohhhh....but wait.....then you can't make the power you want. So then you run the bigger turbo and jack the other guy off to wait on you. That's b.s.
Wtf are you talking about? If he was making you wait that's his dumbass fault. When I line up with someone, we get to the speed we're gonna race and Im ready to go.

Define "real racing". Your comparing apples to watermelons if you are referring to road course's. Completely different engine setups for completely different applications.

Every car out here making serious power on turbos brake boosts. V8s, V6's, Lambos, Supras, Mustangs w/e

Last edited by LightningTeg; 09-10-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Break Boost or no break boost ,would of been the same outcome.... Where the vids at
Old 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

......put a smaller turbo on it so it spools quicker.......ooohhhh....but wait.....then you can't make the power you want. So then you run the bigger turbo and jack the other guy off to wait on you. That's b.s.
Lol!!

Quick Reply: Honda vs Hiho..going down tonight -VIDEO ON PG 3-