Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never even changed my own oil
Old 09-19-2012, 11:46 AM
12 Second Club

I do my own mods when I have a free weekend to cut my knuckles, cuss at my car, and run to the store 8 times to get a specials tools or parts I didn't know I needed.

But that feeling of accomplishment when its all finished and you take it for a test drive is priceless...

But most of the time I say **** it and pay somebody else to do it.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

This story seems to follow the import scene a lot... Just because you have a car rated for xxx amount of hp doesn't mean it's making it.. Almost as bad as the v8 syndrome and dsm math.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like what one guy said... I have money to pay someone else to change my clutch. I get better ways to spend my time when I'm not at work.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
I like what one guy said... I have money to pay someone else to change my clutch. I get better ways to spend my time when I'm not at work.
Its the good old american way, besides how else we help the small time shops out if everyone does their own work the little shops go out of business, so by being lazy and paying someone else i'm being a good american lol
Old 09-19-2012, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ranedoss27
Sorry no one took a video but dont worry there were plenty of witnesses lol. The car has potential to make 700whp, it's an Evo8 with a fully built stroker motor. No where in the post does it say if you don't build your own car it's not fast. I'm saying if your went out and bought a car that someone else said is fast (no paperwork to prove it) and your haven't even gotten it fully dynoed and your calling people out and saying it will beat anything in the area it just make u look like a jerk. Especially since the people he was calling out were people he was asking to put his clutch in bc he couldn't do it.
There is no point in trying to make a point on here. Someone will mistake what you are saying as a stab at rich ******** who aren't really car guys as much as rich ********. Not saying because you can pay someone means you are a rich ******* but let's face it there are some on this site. It is always better for both parties to help an ignorant *** out than give him the ole highway spanking. It makes more cool car guys. On tech, just talk **** and laugh at all the butt hurt cryers.LOL
Old 09-19-2012, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Sorry no one took a video but dont worry there were plenty of witnesses lol. The car has potential to make 700whp, it's an Evo8 with a fully built stroker motor. No where in the post does it say if you don't build your own car it's not fast. I'm saying if your went out and bought a car that someone else said is fast (no paperwork to prove it) and your haven't even gotten it fully dynoed and your calling people out and saying it will beat anything in the area it just make u look like a jerk. Especially since the people he was calling out were people he was asking to put his clutch in bc he couldn't do it.
Like this one? LOL
Attached Thumbnails Probably shouldnt run your mouth if you cant even change your own clutch-600hpvette.jpg   Probably shouldnt run your mouth if you cant even change your own clutch-vettemotor.jpg  

Last edited by stockz; 09-19-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:09 PM
10 Second Club

good kills ...???
Old 09-19-2012, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I don't have a clutch. **** I guess my car isn't fast.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by willizm
BTW, you can't knock someone that doesn't work on their own car because it just means they are probably busy in other aspects of their life or don't have the tools and skillset to do it themselves. Be proud that you do your own work, but don't look down on others because they don't.
This

Old 09-19-2012, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

I dont look down on anyone who doesnt do there own work, theres plenty of things i cant do myself. no where did i generalize people who dont do there own work. i simply stated that this guy was calling people out and saying he would smoke all these cars when all he did was go out and buy a car some one told him was fast. i do though have a problem with people who talk **** when they dont even know what they have and dont show an ounce of humilty. most car groups are guys who carve out there own little life and try to make something nice with the money they have. so when a guy goes out and spends a lot of money on a car, shows up and starts talking **** like hes the big kid on the block, it comes across as disrespectful.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by willizm
BTW, you can't knock someone that doesn't work on their own car because it just means they are probably busy in other aspects of their life or don't have the tools and skillset to do it themselves. Be proud that you do your own work, but don't look down on others because they don't.
This x1000

I can build a bioreactor (true story, did it in grad school) in my garage, but I'll be damned if I have the skill to do anything other than routine maintenance on my cars. I make more money working my own job while paying someone else to work on my cars rather than doing the work myself. I admire those who are able to build their own cars in their spare time, but don't knock on others who can't.

That being said, I planned all of my builds myself, just had someone more capable do the work. Good shops need money too. Where would any of us be if anyone could do our jobs themselves?
Old 09-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Teching In

Long story short-<snip>
tl;dr lol jk jk

Originally Posted by why87
We need vids of the **** talking
x2!

Originally Posted by 216StealthSS
I cant change my clutch at all...
Originally Posted by autogeek23
whats a clutch?
lmao ^^!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

lol at people with manual cars.

welcome to the 21st century.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beastmode89
This x1000

I can build a bioreactor (true story, did it in grad school) in my garage, but I'll be damned if I have the skill to do anything other than routine maintenance on my cars. I make more money working my own job while paying someone else to work on my cars rather than doing the work myself. I admire those who are able to build their own cars in their spare time, but don't knock on others who can't.

That being said, I planned all of my builds myself, just had someone more capable do the work. Good shops need money too. Where would any of us be if anyone could do our jobs themselves?
Agreed. I'm too busy working 6 days a week, I don't wanna waste my only day off working on a car if I don't have to. I'll usually pay a friend to come do the job or just come and help out to make it go faster so I'm not wasting a whole day stuck in a garage. Like said, I plan every build out but pay people to help out so a normal 2 day project by myself doesn't take 2 weeks to get done.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Damillio
I've never even changed my own oil
I haven't on my engine or tranny. I have on the blower.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

**** the built not bought ****. You can break your back and I'll hand over the cash for someone elses hard work on my car. I wrenched many years, many diff engine combos, blowers and turbos; nothing beats paying someone else now that I'm older.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't even know how to pump my own gas. Hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

If any of you had any sense you'd buy an Auto.

I bet all you manual drivers still use the postal service and internet explorer.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
If any of you had any sense you'd buy an Auto.

I bet all you manual drivers still use the postal service and internet explorer.
LOL. Auto FTW!!!

I'm too lazy for a stick

Quick Reply: Probably shouldnt run your mouth if you cant even change your own clutch