Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

rsx type s vs 95 z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Hio, how much would it cost to get a vid of you rowing through the gears of a Honda?

Paypal ready...
How about a 70 crank HP Toyota? What is pic of that worth??
Old 09-25-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamantium
You said it was a waste of gas for OP and OP pulled have a car from a roll on an obviously **** cammed setup. A proper done up setup would've pulled OPs car.
Whats up man? Why does every honda have to beat everything to you? Why do you feel the need to justify this thread with videos and dynos from cars non-relating to OP? It made 220ish on motor with cam and bolt ons which is about CORRECT. It lost by a nose in the roll, and lost (as expected) from the dig by a decent amount. OPs on DRs...

"If the RSX was on DR, with a good driver and a correct setup from "The Racers Edge" with overnighted parts from Japan, vs a home built setup, then the RSX would have won... by 10 cars"

Good Kill OP. Sounds like the RSX ran hard and he wasn't a dick about the run. Thats always a good thing. He doesn't have to defend why he barely lost. Apparently he has Adamantium here to do it for him and state how bad of a setup he was running...

Originally Posted by big hammer
all hondas run 10's. and then there's the faster ones.
Yeah, no kidding. I have nothing against fast Hondas and I know they exist and can respect good builds like Lightning's, but jesus christ... 6 pages with no video of the OP's race and it ALWAYS ends up being Adam who shows up with dyno sheets, and videos of 900hp cars. And I thought Automach was bad... Its bad when the first video to hit this thread... isn't one from the OP. Come on man, just about everyone expected it to be what it was... you're the only one who expected the man to put down 50+ more fwhp and then you seem upset that it lost the roll by a small margin?

I just want to know...

Who raped your Formula so bad that you have so much fear and respect for these cars?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
all hondas run 10's. and then there's the faster ones.
Basically this^.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Whats up man? Why does every honda have to beat everything to you? Why do you feel the need to justify this thread with videos and dynos from cars non-relating to OP? It made 220ish on motor with cam and bolt ons which is about CORRECT. It lost by a nose in the roll, and lost (as expected) from the dig by a decent amount. OPs on DRs...
What? What are you talking about? Im simply separating fact from fiction, obviously no one on this site knows jack **** about hondas. Its like someone posting over on honda tech how all Camaros or T/As are turds cause they pulled some turd auto lt1 or something, aren't you going to step in and say something isn't right?

I share dyno sheets and vids as evidence to show you what they usually make. Since no one on here even knows what a honda should make with x setup, im just simply telling you guys what it is since ive been around them since i was 15.

I just want to know...

Who raped your Formula so bad that you have so much fear and respect for these cars?
No ones raped my formula.

Ive been around hondas long enough to know what can and can't be done with whatever setup you name. If you guys think a 4xxwhp h/c 4th gens a riot imagine what that same power in a civic is like. Doesn't take much to get those cars to move, so i respect em.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RSX's are still girl cars.

Where is the vid OP??
Old 09-26-2012, 01:11 AM
***Repost Police***

If you think Integras/RSXs are girl cars, that's fine. But people in here said "That should be a pretty close race," other ignorant people said **** like "It won't be worth your gas," and then it was a really close race. Nobody tried to turn it into anything else except for the person that thought it wouldn't be a race.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jay z28
RSX's are still girl cars.

Where is the vid OP??
I know alot of women who drive GC's. To be completely fair You drive the ellen degeneres of the muscle car world. Pipe down.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
221 is healthy. I stand by my original post.

Its not a 105-107 trap car though lol
Definitely.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If you think Integras/RSXs are girl cars, that's fine. But people in here said "That should be a pretty close race," other ignorant people said **** like "It won't be worth your gas," and then it was a really close race. Nobody tried to turn it into anything else except for the person that thought it wouldn't be a race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KXdPQIgslc

Might be a close race. Race him and turn your traction control off, so there isn't any excuses with it.
Exactly what I said on page 1. Didn't doubt the RSX or throw it in the dirt vs OP's LT1. Just figured it would be a close race and it was. I had my money on the z28 though (whether i mentioned it or not), especially with the dig, considering OP was on DRs. I did expect him to have pulled better then a bumper or so, but I'm not surprised at the outcome.

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
Doubt anyone cares honestly. And please don't ruin this thread with all those random Honda B18C42,0002.2 racing videos.
Thats the issue right there. We get it. Regardless of how big of a muscle car guy you are or aren't, we all know there's faster cars out there in both genres.... import and domestic. There's no reason the first vid in this thread should be anything other than the one we're expecting from post 1.

You're right Adam... not alot of people know what k20, b18b, h22, etc all put down... but there's no way 221 on a NA RSX with boltons is a shitty built. Thats a healthy number IMO from what it was. Again, good kill OP. You managed to get a thread on here at 6+ pages of disputes and we still haven't seen the goddamn race video... LOL
Old 09-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Banned

D

You're right Adam... not alot of people know what k20, b18b, h22, etc all put down... but there's no way 221 on a NA RSX with boltons is a shitty built. Thats a healthy number IMO from what it was.
221 with BOLT ONS is healthy no doubt about that, but the one OP ran was a "bolt on cammed" rsx. Not taking anything away from the kill just saying its pretty weak for a cammed setup and usually those numbers are bolt on territory. Also you guys gotta realize i don't drop the honda knowledge to rub it in you guys's face or talk about them like they are superior i just want you guys to know whats what. Wish more of you on the SRK section were a bit open minded about it.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:15 AM
***Repost Police***

Definitely.

Exactly what I said on page 1. Didn't doubt the RSX or throw it in the dirt vs OP's LT1. Just figured it would be a close race and it was. I had my money on the z28 though (whether i mentioned it or not), especially with the dig, considering OP was on DRs. I did expect him to have pulled better then a bumper or so, but I'm not surprised at the outcome.

Thats the issue right there. We get it. Regardless of how big of a muscle car guy you are or aren't, we all know there's faster cars out there in both genres.... import and domestic. There's no reason the first vid in this thread should be anything other than the one we're expecting from post 1.

You're right Adam... not alot of people know what k20, b18b, h22, etc all put down... but there's no way 221 on a NA RSX with boltons is a shitty built. Thats a healthy number IMO from what it was. Again, good kill OP. You managed to get a thread on here at 6+ pages of disputes and we still haven't seen the goddamn race video... LOL
Can't deny anything you said. You knew it would be a close race and it was. 221whp for those mods isn't exactly weak either. If they weren't particularly aggressive, 11whp from cams on a small motor is about right. The bolt-on RSX I knew made 210whp, so that's about right.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:22 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

7 pages overnight for some bench racing..?

Quick Reply: rsx type s vs 95 z28