Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Civic B-series turbo vs Procharged 300

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
i have no complaints when losing to a civic. I lost one race to a civic in my GTO back in the day and it was my buddies ex coupe. Very tastefully done. Nice interior, Nice exterior, wheels were matched well.. etc. It was a nice car all around and moved the **** out. However when you find yourself driving your car to a street race, and a gutted out tin can civic race car on meth/high octane is being pulled off the trailer... thats where i call bs. I dont hate hondas... but i hate these hondas. If the car is fast and tastefully setup with full interior and is still a street capable car, i have respect for it.

Reason why i bring this up is a buddy of mine in his H/C SS back in the day was sweeping street cars pretty badly on the street(mostly from rolls). People then trailered down a legit race car civic (no head lights or tail lights, no interior{like at all}, full out trailer queen). Car went 10.8 at 135. Of course they show up the same typical way you see in this video here (talking ****, being rude for no apparent reason) and spouting the same ridiculous jargon "its just a civic" like we are really that ignorant. So anyway... my buddy agrees to a dig (stupid on his move because his tires are toasted at this point and really arent even street safe). His car at the time went 11.4 at 125. Needless to say... he lost pretty badly. So we get back, and of course the honda guys are going wild being cocky and such. Another friend throws out the bait "i have an NA lt1 you can race, its a bit more of a race car then the SS you just raced but atleast ill drive it here". They dont really take him seriously and spout "what do you have a 9 second car or something?" while laughing under there breath. My friend, with a straight face, respond "Yes...yes i do". He takes a quick trip home and comes back with his LT1. They of course arent there when he gets back. Too bad because i would have loved to see an N/A ancient SBC wreck this car from a dig and a roll.

On another note: Stripped out honda trash talking civic race cars - super gay
Classy tastefully done fast hondas - respectful
I didnt watch the bullshitting back and forth, just skipped to the good stuff lol. But I agree

Id like to see my car hit those numbers as it sits
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I didnt watch the bullshitting back and forth, just skipped to the good stuff lol. But I agree

Id like to see my car hit those numbers as it sits
id say you have more then enough power to get it done. That civic was making around 380whp but weighed quite literally around 1500 lbs. Ironically it popped at its next track visit. All the cliches of a typical honda haha
Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

talkin shyt back and forth is the norm at every street race scene i have been to... its all apart of the mind game... my buddy talked a guy in a Vette out of racing me just because he heard the ewg and blow off valves...lol. Talkin is part of the game...
Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

eh to me talk is lame. Im getting older so id much more preferably show up to a street race. Shake hands, introduce ourselves, chat about each others cars, and if we werent a good race... we would find ourselves some good races. If i see that scene that involves the **** talking... I leave... because its not my scene. I prefer the scene in CT with SRZ, PSM, PUNISHMENTCYCLE..etc.. there humble and enjoy racing. Theres no **** talking

Dont get me wrong, every now and then its nice to lay waste to an ignorant trash talker... but im typically not involved.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

They only talk shyt here when the money comes out... that race was 2k. there are some others with WAY bigger paydays. They talk even more shyt at the track...lol. This 300 is one the big dogs on the block here and i think there are maybe two or three peeps that can run with him... the only down side is his only comp is going to come off a trailer...
Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Teching In

eh to me talk is lame. Im getting older so id much more preferably show up to a street race. Shake hands, introduce ourselves, chat about each others cars, and if we werent a good race... we would find ourselves some good races. If i see that scene that involves the **** talking... I leave... because its not my scene. I prefer the scene in CT with SRZ, PSM, PUNISHMENTCYCLE..etc.. there humble and enjoy racing. Theres no **** talking

Dont get me wrong, every now and then its nice to lay waste to an ignorant trash talker... but im typically not involved.
Difference is, you all aren't racing for money.

Trust me, when there is $500, $1000, $5000 on the line it IS going to be some trash talking. If you have thin skin then I suggest you stick to racing for fun.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Teching In

There have been some BIG money races at US41 near Chicago. Like 10k, 8 second street cars.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

X2 on this... I know in CT you guys meet up and kick it... but when its money to made, the gloves come off. They are going to beat you mentally before you even race... I have never seen a street race for money where there wasn't any trash talkin between the crews...lol. Its all part of the fun... the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat... racing with your friends on a saturday or sunday will never get this serious...

Originally Posted by m_liel

Trust me, when there is $500, $1000, $5000 on the line it IS going to be some trash talking. If you have thin skin then I suggest you stick to racing for fun.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

and they talk hella shyt in the Chi... we some of the best races between Detroit and Chicago...lol. Also, down in Texas they talk major shyt too... i'm sure you guys have seen how the beef started between Titan and UGR... shyt talkin makes them money. My Supra has to beat this Lambo= Money for Titan and UGR.

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
There have been some BIG money races at US41 near Chicago. Like 10k, 8 second street cars.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

God I hate how they talk.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by m_liel

It has nothing to do with thin skin. It has to do with the fact that i have better things to do then argue cars. If its not for fun... i have no interest.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
Yeah, i posted that already... to late buddy. Welcome to the forum.
You didn't post the same video but the same race. But i shouldve posted it in your thread to condense the BS, so for that my apologies sir.

The "pit crew" for the civic, lol. Most of the verbal vomit is being spewed from them. It's just an annoyance at this point, all the hooting and hollering after a win, even a burnout! Then they go back to the spot, blast daddy yankee and start salsa dancing the night away in a commuter lot. It's going to be funny when they lose and you see 50 non-Hispanics doing the same thing just to mock them.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lmao... Always seem to be meho's racing civics... No racial but only white dude I ver heard about with a fast civic was Chris miller.. Rest meho's
Old 09-27-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Same race different camera man...lol. No biggie homie. I wish you would have... Will you be out when they re-run? You obviously local to the area so i will see if you have heard the same rumors we have... Wayne with the turbo Mustang offered to run that same civic and give him two and brake and they said no...

Originally Posted by FromADig
You didn't post the same video but the same race. But i shouldve posted it in your thread to condense the BS, so for that my apologies sir.

The "pit crew" for the civic, lol. Most of the verbal vomit is being spewed from them. It's just an annoyance at this point, all the hooting and hollering after a win, even a burnout! Then they go back to the spot, blast daddy yankee and start salsa dancing the night away in a commuter lot. It's going to be funny when they lose and you see 50 non-Hispanics doing the same thing just to mock them.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
Same race different camera man...lol. No biggie homie. I wish you would have... Will you be out when they re-run? You obviously local to the area so i will see if you have heard the same rumors we have... Wayne with the turbo Mustang offered to run that same civic and give him two and brake and they said no...

Yea I'm local. Missed this run, but saw it run against the talon and GTR. Haven't heard rumors about the turbo mustang. Did hear they wanted something like 12 cars against a tube chassis camaro from Fredricksburg. not sure if that was a joke or not, but just what i heard. Sounds like the LSX stang is next up in the next few weeks, whether its before or after the rematch with nikko. Then again these guys want gimme races so who knows what will happen. But ill def be out for those if you need any help filming.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds like my kind of scene. I gotta make that drive the next time you gentlemen decide to group it up. Last time I missed out because I was out in PA shooting guns n' ****.

I knew I had seen this race before when I first saw it. Diff vid, same race.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

what are you running? I heard about a pretty fast Camaro but i thought it was in Frederick, MD not Fredericksburg, VA... its some much stuff around here...lol
Old 09-27-2012, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

On another note: Stripped out honda trash talking civic race cars - super gay
Classy tastefully done fast hondas - respectful
Didn't care for the **** talk either, but that's how it goes when money is on the line. I did feel like the 300 was bullied...setup to race. But a win is a win.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Fredericksburg Va for sure. old school tube chassis camaro. They wanted..30...i said 30 cars.. lol.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats a fair race right?...LMAO!! 30 is the going norm now... Use to go to the races up in B-more and everytime i drove the STi i instantly got hit with the "4 and a brake" and we can run... It got to the point where i was like if we were at the track i don't see people getting set out so why should i do that here... If i beat you from four back they say i was supposed to win but if i lose then they talk shyt about how bad they beat me... i dont get it sometimes... good ole fashion heads up from a dig! if i lose... i lose... right?
if i set you out i'm giving up the race sorta kinda right...

Quick Reply: Civic B-series turbo vs Procharged 300