Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs HCI + 125 shot 95 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black01Bird
Up until now i agreed with you until you made the smartass remark of "oh my friends car over this guys car"

Give me a break, really? Explain how making 100 less rwhp, and going .7 tenths faster, makes the car under your FRIENDS car? By that logic any high horsepower car going slower than a lower rwhp car is still the better car? lol

Joes car is VERY impressive and still holds the fastest stock bottom end 5.0 record N/A, and comparing much more powerful, 10+ year newer cars to an old pushrod 5.0 is just idiotic. If you wanna go that route, buy a used low mile unmolested ls1 car ($12,000 atleast?) and i will buy a low mile fox for $5,000 at the most and give me the $7,000 difference and we will see who makes it to the end of the 1320 first. Seriously this is just a dumb comparison, i mean i know where i am (ls1tech) but honestly, get real on **** talking other brands that can be JUST as powerful and bashing all mustang guys, i happen to own a 2001 trans am, and an 87 fox, and i love them both.

/endrant
this was not meant to be against his car. But it kept getting brought up against my arguement of what a built 302/6 can make for power N/A. Wasnt meant to offend anyone. My arguement was that my buddies car is an NA 306 making 457whp with a 3400lb race weight... its running 11.2 at 127 for the simple reason... he isnt a driver. The car has 5 mph on this other fox and weighs apparently 600lbs more. Its not to bash this car. But this fox kept coming up as the flagship "built" 302. They can make more power then that plain and simple. What mustang guys am i bashing? I think we can all agree that a 380whp h/c/i/150 shot 302 is damn weak. Sorry if that offends someone somehow. Im not trying to be a dick. I was simply saying the potential of what a 302 can be done and adamantium through this fox out there and his arguement was that it was the best that can be had...
Old 10-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by evangto87
this was not meant to be against his car. But it kept getting brought up against my arguement of what a built 302/6 can make for power N/A. Wasnt meant to offend anyone. My arguement was that my buddies car is an NA 306 making 457whp with a 3400lb race weight... its running 11.2 at 127 for the simple reason... he isnt a driver. The car has 5 mph on this other fox and weighs apparently 600lbs more. Its not to bash this car. But this fox kept coming up as the flagship "built" 302. They can make more power then that plain and simple. What mustang guys am i bashing? I think we can all agree that a 380whp h/c/i/150 shot 302 is damn weak. Sorry if that offends someone somehow. Im not trying to be a dick. I was simply saying the potential of what a 302 can be done and adamantium through this fox out there and his arguement was that it was the best that can be had...
I guess i should have made it clear, nothing more than the "smartass" part was aimed toward you, in which i apologize i thought you were trying to bash on mustang owners like most people on this site tend to do, the rest of my statement was aimed at that adamantium fellow.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black01Bird
I guess i should have made it clear, nothing more than the "smartass" part was aimed toward you, in which i apologize i thought you were trying to bash on mustang owners like most people on this site tend to do, the rest of my statement was aimed at that adamantium fellow.
its all good man
Old 10-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Okay what?? You asked a question, I answered it. I never said it was an awesome torque figure or anything. Back in that time, the fox bodies were kicking *** on the street. You wouldn't know because you were not there. Comparing a stock car from 1987 to cars of today is apples and oranges. I am glad you came over from the honda world to share all of your vast car knowledge with us.
Never asked what the torque figures were, which is why i replied with "okay."

Pretty sad when your god like 5.0 makes around the same torque and alot less power than a bolt on 6cyl from honda. Must suck eh?

Last edited by adamantium; 10-07-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

LoL, I guess if I didn't know how to "build" a motor I'd be butt hurt and hate on a engine that was designed 50 years ago with pen and paper on a actual drawing board.

Last edited by Heater; 10-08-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heater
LoL, I guess if I didn't know how to "build" a motor I'd be butt hurt and hate on a engine that was designed 50 years ago with pen and paper on a actual drawing board.
Why you mad though?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by adamantium
Why you mad though?
Maybe it's because of the keyboard cowboys like you.

Take that keyboard away from you and you couldn't tell the difference between your *** or a hole in the ground.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heater
Maybe it's because of the keyboard cowboys like you.

Take that keyboard away from you and you couldn't tell the difference between your *** or a hole in the ground.
Damn bro, you got me.

notsrs
Old 10-08-2012, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

14.5 at 95MPH with temp tags on it-not the fastest stocker either. No Honda could touch it. Plus it cost 15 grand on the road. Good deal for the money brand new.

20 years later 10.1 139MPH with stock wheels,pump gas,all sway bars on,full interior blah blah-and mine is slow for the mods. Can be driven anywhere thanks to the really tall OD. They are excellent platforms to make fast,autocross,road race etc....lots of parts,cheap price,lots of knowledge and easy to work on. Anyone that has been in this hobby for a while,this is old news...
Old 10-08-2012, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

^^^^^Mike, are you drunk again???? Those cars suck for autox and road racing.....like really bad.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Stock yes. Modded no. You can build anything you want out of one. Aftermarket is insane for them
Old 10-08-2012, 12:12 PM
9 Second Club

lmao.. no.. no hes not. Not everyone is on a forum. Most people arent actually. His car has gone 11.2 at 127 (not the best driver). His car makes every bit of 457whp. Its a fast car. Its an NA 306. If you havent seen a 302 make into the 4s... then you havent seen anyone build one who knows anything about engines
Link to this car? I would love to know what parts he used to get almost 460whp out of a 306. That's unheard of.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
Link to this car? I would love to know what parts he used to get almost 460whp out of a 306. That's unheard of.
not every car is on the internet...in fact...most of these awesome records cars hold...are only on the internet..because theres a faster one out there that doesnt give 2 ***** about internet fame. However i can possibly go to the speed shop that its always in and take some pictures. Thats assuming its still there. He was getting a transmission swap to a c4 and nitrous hooked up. He wants to run into the 9s.

RKL Performance built the car. His name is Ray Leathers. He is a one man shop. He doesnt advertise on the internet. Does not have a website. But hes been around for years. Hes built a lot of stupid fast cars as long as people give the money. His own personal SN95 race car (which is another car that the only reason its a race car is because of suspension and drivetrain). Its an all stock parts 302. Its a class car. Has to run stock heads and stock cam. The car makes 330whp. He knows how to pull power out of everything. Power isnt all H/C you know. The car runs 11.8 at 113 on motor. Hes working on getting it down to 11.5s for the class.

Last edited by evangto87; 10-08-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Banned

not every car is on the internet...in fact...most of these awesome records cars hold...are only on the internet..because theres a faster one out there that doesnt give 2 ***** about internet fame. However i can possibly go to the speed shop that its always in and take some pictures. Thats assuming its still there. He was getting a transmission swap to a c4 and nitrous hooked up. He wants to run into the 9s.

RKL Performance built the car. His name is Ray Leathers. He is a one man shop. He doesnt advertise on the internet. Does not have a website. But hes been around for years. Hes built a lot of stupid fast cars as long as people give the money. His own personal SN95 race car (which is another car that the only reason its a race car is because of suspension and drivetrain). Its an all stock parts 302. Its a class car. Has to run stock heads and stock cam. The car makes 330whp. He knows how to pull power out of everything. Power isnt all H/C you know. The car runs 11.8 at 113 on motor. Hes working on getting it down to 11.5s for the class.
@ 3400lbs its a bit hard to believe and mid 4's? Thats what most H/C setups make and they trap lower 120s in around the same weight. I can see it plausable with good *** air and under 3k race weight. Like i said look at vibrant93s car its a pretty badass setup, big *** cam, TFS heads reworked, built tko trans, 4.56s no p/s, no a/c, electric water pump, all the bolt ons, 12.5 compression basically a max effort setup and it traps 121-122 at best, your talking 6mph more in a car that weighs more. He's probably yanking your chain. Not doubting you just saying its a bit hard to believe.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

@ 3400lbs its a bit hard to believe and mid 4's? Thats what most H/C setups make and they trap lower 120s in around the same weight. I can see it plausable with good *** air and under 3k race weight. Like i said look at vibrant93s car its a pretty badass setup, big *** cam, TFS heads reworked, built tko trans, 4.56s no p/s, no a/c, electric water pump, all the bolt ons, 12.5 compression basically a max effort setup and it traps 121-122 at best, your talking 6mph more in a car that weighs more. He's probably yanking your chain. Not doubting you just saying its a bit hard to believe.
my chains arent being yanked. Time slips and dyno sheets dont lie. Im sorry you dont believe it. Again... the builder of this car makes 330whp out of his stock parts 302... stock cam...stock heads. Call BS on that too.

Seriously... why is it that it is perfectly ok that HIO traps 130mph in a 3100lb race weight car that makes 417whp. But when a 3400lb race weight car makes 457whp and traps 127mph... thats impossible?? Why are we still comparing it to a completely different car?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Banned

my chains arent being yanked. Time slips and dyno sheets dont lie. Im sorry you dont believe it. Again... the builder of this car makes 330whp out of his stock parts 302... stock cam...stock heads. Call BS on that too.

Seriously... why is it that it is perfectly ok that HIO traps 130mph in a 3100lb race weight car that makes 417whp. But when a 3400lb race weight car makes 457whp and traps 127mph... thats impossible?? Why are we still comparing it to a completely different car?
HIOs car trap 130 once i believe, and his car weighs 3200lbs race weight. He told me it regularly traps from 126-128 depending on the weather, His car is a 346ci. I wouldn't compare dyno #s, hios car is in another state, different weather and more than likely different dyno, thats irrelevant. The part thats mostly unbelievable is the fact that its a "306", people can say what they like to who ever. Again how are the cars completely different? Ones a max effort setup same CI's in a lighter body, your saying "your buddies" car made 70whp more with an obviously more weight and traps 6-7mph more? Come on.

Heres another max effort 347ci fox traps 128mph judging by the cam its a high compression max effort setup aswell.

"Here's a video of my good friend Travis's N/A 347" stock block LX. He just got the car up and running earlier this year and is starting to get it figured out. It has AFR 185 heads with a little port work, Anderson N-111 cam, and a Vic.Jr intake. I dont know the carb size but I dont think it's much more than a 650cfm. Trans is a Face plated TKO-600 and the car has a 4.56 rear gear. He was running on a 28x10 e.t. drag but they were wore out so even a 4500rpm launch rpm would still blow them off. This was a 10.8@129 pass with a 1.7x 60' time. Car weight is right around 2950lbs with driver. It'll go 10.40's with a new tire."
Old 10-08-2012, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like talking to a wall. You should go to his shop... and look at the car... and just tell the car builder and owner that they are both full of **** because the internet says so. That way they can laugh you out the door and can continue on with his business. Theres a reason he doesnt deal with the internet. I guess ill continue getting my chain yanked.

You are also aware that companies are still designing new sbc and sbf heads right? You are aware that 90 percent of the domestic NA racing world DOES NOT use an ls1 powerplant?

Also... stop referrancing "302" like thats the reason it can only make so much power. For someone who comes from the honda world, im shocked you actually think 302 cubes is limited to such a low hp. For christ sake... my car is an emissions legal stock catted NA baby cammed 302 make 418whp. You should learn that cubic inch does not dictate the power a car can make.

Last edited by evangto87; 10-08-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Banned

You literally refuse to listen. Whats the highest hp you have ever seen out of a stock parts 302?
Man, ive seen the article for that. Whats your point?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, ive seen the article for that. Whats your point?
what article? Im not referring to any articles... again... If its not online... it doesnt exist..ugh

And another thing... these cars are using Victor Jrs... thats there first mistake. RKL has NEVER used a Vic JR and refuses to.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Banned

what article? Im not referring to any articles... again... If its not online... it doesnt exist..ugh

And another thing... these cars are using Victor Jrs... thats there first mistake. RKL has NEVER used a Vic JR and refuses to.
The highest HP ive seen using stock parts was low 3s on the net gt40p heads and all the bolt ons with a carb and ****. but i was refering to an article i read on how to make 400hp on an engine dyno with stock cam. Read your question wrong. Why?

Quick Reply: Me vs HCI + 125 shot 95 Cobra