Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs HCI + 125 shot 95 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 05:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
my chains arent being yanked. Time slips and dyno sheets dont lie. Im sorry you dont believe it. Again... the builder of this car makes 330whp out of his stock parts 302... stock cam...stock heads. Call BS on that too.

Seriously... why is it that it is perfectly ok that HIO traps 130mph in a 3100lb race weight car that makes 417whp. But when a 3400lb race weight car makes 457whp and traps 127mph... thats impossible?? Why are we still comparing it to a completely different car?
330whp stock parts, N/A?? As in stock cam, E7 heads? Don't believe he is pulling 100+ rwhp out of it with factory parts.

I would LOVE to put my car on whatever dyno he is using. Bet my car hits 800rwhp with current mods. lol
Old 10-08-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
330whp stock parts, N/A?? As in stock cam, E7 heads? Don't believe he is pulling 100+ rwhp out of it with factory parts.

I would LOVE to put my car on whatever dyno he is using. Bet my car hits 800rwhp with current mods. lol
stock parts as in the best of any 302 product that is factory. If you read completely... you would stop thinking about dyno numbers. The car makes 330whp... and runs 11.8 at 113-114mph in the dead of summer heat. Car is 31XX without him in it and hes 230lbs. Im sorry you cant fathom this.

Do you have facebook. If so... search RKL performance. The default picture is of a blue sn95 with a white hood. Thats this car. The car that makes 458whp as an NA 306 and traps 127 is a grey hatch driven by mark norman. All the cars are there. Just search him. Thats the best i can do. Hes a personal friend of mine.

You wont find him on a website or anything else simply because he does not care for the BS you see in this thread. He doesnt care if you believe what he does or not... and the fact that you dont makes it that much better. He makes the power... the cars perform. The only thing he cant do is drive them down the track for the customer.

He also has a street car that is much faster then his race car but hes always been into bracket racing with 11 second cars. Its just more fun to him. But his street car has been driven deep into the 10s at over 140. Has made 680whp. Its a white hatch back. Its driven and raced on pony wheels and does not have a cage.

Would you also believe me if I told you he holds number 5 spot for highest hp for a 3v at Karls East Coast Speed...with a roush m90 supercharger. The tiny little blower you find on cobalts. 505whp stock bottom end. M90

And for realism sake. Hes dynoed all the cars on the same dyno. He had an 03 cobra that was just upper pulley, catback, air intake, tune. Made 418whp. Thats actually low for those mods.

Last edited by evangto87; 10-08-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

my chains arent being yanked. Time slips and dyno sheets dont lie. Im sorry you dont believe it. Again... the builder of this car makes 330whp out of his stock parts 302... stock cam...stock heads. Call BS on that too.

Seriously... why is it that it is perfectly ok that HIO traps 130mph in a 3100lb race weight car that makes 417whp. But when a 3400lb race weight car makes 457whp and traps 127mph... thats impossible?? Why are we still comparing it to a completely different car?
My race weight woulda been about 3240. Most don't think it's ok on here.....I just report what it does.

Most h/c 5.0's don't get out of the high 12's. It takes quite a bit of tinkering and weight reduction for them to do much better.....not to mention a good 60' and plenty of rpm.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
My race weight woulda been about 3240. Most don't think it's ok on here.....I just report what it does.

Most h/c 5.0's don't get out of the high 12's. It takes quite a bit of tinkering and weight reduction for them to do much better.....not to mention a good 60' and plenty of rpm.
it takes having a car that runs the quarter mile... not having an engine. IDK why everyone is in dis belief that Mark Normans car made 458whp and trapped 127. The car is only slightly heavier then yours and is a quarter mile car and make more power. People just see on ls1tech that its not an ls1 so it cant possibly make any NA power. Its really just ignorance. You made 417whp out of a stock parts ls6. Why cant a fully built 306 make more? I just dont understand forum logic.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

HC foxes have bad raps due to people running GTP crap,not spending money in the right places,not enough compression and small cams. Then a lot people that have them state they have more power than what they have in reality. Look on the corral to see what I mean(that sight went to hell in the last 5 years) I made so many mistakes with mine when it was n/a Still got in the low 12s with cast iron GT40s but if I went back in time and corrected it I know I could have gotten high to mid 11s easy at full weight w DRs...
Old 10-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it takes having a car that runs the quarter mile... not having an engine. IDK why everyone is in dis belief that Mark Normans car made 458whp and trapped 127. The car is only slightly heavier then yours and is a quarter mile car and make more power. People just see on ls1tech that its not an ls1 so it cant possibly make any NA power. Its really just ignorance. You made 417whp out of a stock parts ls6. Why cant a fully built 306 make more? I just dont understand forum logic.
You're talking about a platform thats been out for 2 decades+, if it was so do-able it would be ALOT more common, and seen alot more. That's all. If its truly a 306 than thats impressive as ****.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamantium
You're talking about a platform thats been out for 2 decades+, if it was so do-able it would be ALOT more common, and seen alot more. That's all. If its truly a 306 than thats impressive as ****.
The sky or broken parts is the limit. Especially if its not a dd car and you dont mind high comp / race gas
Old 10-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BurtReynolds
For the race being that close, I believe it. You started in 3rd Al's the LS1 powerband.
The 5.0 does not have any top end. I think the race would be different from a dig and a 1st gear roll. The mustang should have you by 4 cars in the 1/4.
Agreed no power but great torque!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:37 PM
10 Second Club

They don't have great torque...they have gear and low weight. The motor it's self is pretty poopy.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would hardly consider the 302 making 458whp as poopy
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Well since i'm new to the whole LS scene maybe you guys can explain some things to me. I initially thought my dyno numbers sounded really low for the mods I have. Then when my tuner mentioned that all basic HCI LS1's that he dynoes make no more than 420 rwhp I felt better about my numbers. I mean the one I mentioned earlier in this thread had much better heads, cam, and intake, and only made like 9 more hp than me. Weather his dyno reads low or not is of no real concern to me, but the fact that a much better HCI LS1 hardly made any more than me is very interesting. He said the same thing about ones with ported LS6 heads, AFR's, Trick Flow's, and a few others. How can this be lol?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

I would hardly consider the 302 making 458whp as poopy
I never said that one was, but I'm sure it has it's issues to. I was speaking in general about the engine.
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Well since i'm new to the whole LS scene maybe you guys can explain some things to me. I initially thought my dyno numbers sounded really low for the mods I have. Then when my tuner mentioned that all basic HCI LS1's that he dynoes make no more than 420 rwhp I felt better about my numbers. I mean the one I mentioned earlier in this thread had much better heads, cam, and intake, and only made like 9 more hp than me. Weather his dyno reads low or not is of no real concern to me, but the fact that a much better HCI LS1 hardly made any more than me is very interesting. He said the same thing about ones with ported LS6 heads, AFR's, Trick Flow's, and a few others. How can this be lol?
Well I would think a good h/c car should make more than me. If you convert my dyno #'s in my sig to Dynojet #'s then I would make 431hp 408rwtq(I know this because I made 413 on a dynojet 18hp ago)......it's a full bolt-on ls6 with the track times to back up the power it makes. I would assume a good h/c car would and should make more power than a bolt-on ls6. I mean ****, a set of stock ls6 heads and a decent cam should make more than me. Makes me wonder if some of this cnc'd **** is worth anything. Cam only ls6's can make in the 460rwhp range.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Maybe the ones HE dynos but a decent size cam, good ported heads & all supporting mods (Fast intake, UDP, headers) can easily make over 450 whp. I have seen it personally. Problem is not everyone goes for a max effort set up & theyre running a stock or LS6 intake (like me) because the Fast intakes are so damn expensive. A T2 cam is a very stout cam so its no suprize its close to an MS4.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I never said that one was, but I'm sure it has it's issues to. I was speaking in general about the engine.

Well I would think a good h/c car should make more than me. If you convert my dyno #'s in my sig to Dynojet #'s then I would make 431hp 408rwtq(I know this because I made 413 on a dynojet 18hp ago)......it's a full bolt-on ls6 with the track times to back up the power it makes. I would assume a good h/c car would and should make more power than a bolt-on ls6. I mean ****, a set of stock ls6 heads and a decent cam should make more than me. Makes me wonder if some of this cnc'd **** is worth anything. Cam only ls6's can make in the 460rwhp range.
I wouldn't doubt it, studderin dynod 450ish whp on a dynojet with a cam only LS1.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Teching In

stock parts as in the best of any 302 product that is factory. If you read completely... you would stop thinking about dyno numbers. The car makes 330whp... and runs 11.8 at 113-114mph in the dead of summer heat. Car is 31XX without him in it and hes 230lbs. Im sorry you cant fathom this.
Not surprising that when I google RKL performance I find this: http://forums.corral.net/forums/nort...ick-sucks.html

Evan, you've really dug your heels in on this one, but you're way off base. You don't know what you're talking about.

You talk **** about the 318 rwhp mild street combo as if to say it was built by an idiot, when in fact, this is about par for a well-built mild na street 302 with premium aftermarket OTS heads/cam/intake. Sorry bro, that's a stout street 302, and your 457 rwhp 306 is not comparable. Can you get 457 from a 306? Yeah... but it would have to be a carbed, race-gas only high compression, king kong cammed high RPM wonder that would certainly not last long at the RPMs it would have to run. See, the stock bottomed 302s can't rev to the RPM it takes to make hp/ci like that for very long. They have 2 bolt-mains that walk when revved too high, and thin webbing that cracks like an egg up through the lifter valley. Plus, you ain't spinning a 50oz imbalanced stock crank to 7500 RPM, and spending a ton of money to cram a quality forged neutral balanced crank/rods/pistons when the block is the weak point that can't take the power or RPM anyway just isn't worthwhile. Much smarter would be a stroker 347 that doesn't have to spin so high or have such radical parts to reach that number, and regardless comparing mild street builds to a motor like that is just ridiculous.

Why would your genius friend spend the money for forged internals just to run a 306? I'll bet it's not 306.

For the last 12 years, I've kept my eye on fox mustang performance, and I have never seen this 457rwhp HR cammed wonder of a 302, or the man you referenced. FYI, here's the most impressive HR cammed, fuel injected NA 30x SBF I've ever seen: http://www.the-arnolds.net/Cobra/ and no, I'm not related.

318rwhp is a good solid combo. 37x rwhp is extremely commendable. 457 with a stock block n/a 306, though possible, is probably bullshit.

Last edited by Chris Arnold; 10-09-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris Arnold
Not surprising that when I google RKL performance I find this: http://forums.corral.net/forums/nort...ick-sucks.html

Evan, you've really dug your heels in on this one, but you're way off base. You don't know what you're talking about, and there's no way to save face on this one, except to apologize for blindly believing and parroting something you heard, but that turned out to be completely false.

You talk **** about the 318 rwhp mild street combo as if to say it was built by an idiot, when in fact, this is about par for a well-built mild na street 302 with premium aftermarket OTS heads/cam/intake. Sorry bro, that's a stout street 302, and your 457 rwhp 306 is almost definitely complete and utter bullshit. Can you get 457 from a stock bottom 306? Yeah... but it would have to be a carbed, race-gas only high compression, king kong cammed high RPM wonder that would certainly not last long at the RPMs it would have to run. See, the stock bottomed 302s can't rev to the RPM it takes to make hp/ci like that for very long. They have 2 bolt-mains that walk when revved too high, and thin webbing that cracks like an egg up through the lifter valley. Plus, you ain't spinning a 50oz imbalanced stock crank to 7500 RPM, and spending a ton of money to cram a quality forged neutral balanced crank/rods/pistons when the block is the weak point that can't take the power or RPM anyway just isn't worthwhile. Much smarter would be a stroker 347 that doesn't have to spin so high or have such radical parts to reach that number, and regardless comparing mild street builds to a motor like that is just ridiculous.

For the last 12 years, I've kept my eye on fox mustang performance, and I have never seen this 457rwhp HR cammed wonder, or the man you referenced. FYI, here's the most impressive HR cammed NA 30x SBF I've ever seen: http://www.the-arnolds.net/Cobra/ and no, I'm not related.

318rwhp is a good solid combo. 37x rwhp is extremely commendable.
lmao... im not even going to bother with this one.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 AM
On The Tree

Friend of mine did the Summit catalogue for his stock 302 that was in his Fox Body.

It had the 170cc Twisted Wedge's on it, the Trick Flow box intake, Trick Flow Stage II cam, shorty headers and the only tune was the adjustment for timing (32° total).

Made 320 on one dyno and 322 on another.

Damn sure wasn't radical, it was his daily driver.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Well all I know is that the T/A that dynoed 9 more hp than me had $2700 Trick Flow heads compared to my $1400 dollar heads, a bigger cam, and a much better intake as well. From my understanding that was a pretty stout HCI build for a LS1
Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Teching In

lmao... im not even going to bother with this one.
Smart move. And you shouldn't bother to post BS, either.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:04 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris Arnold

Evan, you've really dug your heels in on this one, but you're way off base. You don't know what you're talking about.

You talk **** about the 318 rwhp mild street combo as if to say it was built by an idiot, when in fact, this is about par for a well-built mild na street 302 with premium aftermarket OTS heads/cam/intake. Sorry bro, that's a stout street 302, and your 457 rwhp 306 is not comparable. Can you get 457 from a 306? Yeah... but it would have to be a carbed, race-gas only high compression, king kong cammed high RPM wonder that would certainly not last long at the RPMs it would have to run. See, the stock bottomed 302s can't rev to the RPM it takes to make hp/ci like that for very long. They have 2 bolt-mains that walk when revved too high, and thin webbing that cracks like an egg up through the lifter valley. Plus, you ain't spinning a 50oz imbalanced stock crank to 7500 RPM, and spending a ton of money to cram a quality forged neutral balanced crank/rods/pistons when the block is the weak point that can't take the power or RPM anyway just isn't worthwhile. Much smarter would be a stroker 347 that doesn't have to spin so high or have such radical parts to reach that number, and regardless comparing mild street builds to a motor like that is just ridiculous.

Why would your genius friend spend the money for forged internals just to run a 306? I'll bet it's not 306.

For the last 12 years, I've kept my eye on fox mustang performance, and I have never seen this 457rwhp HR cammed wonder of a 302, or the man you referenced. FYI, here's the most impressive HR cammed, fuel injected NA 30x SBF I've ever seen: http://www.the-arnolds.net/Cobra/ and no, I'm not related.

318rwhp is a good solid combo. 37x rwhp is extremely commendable. 457 with a stock block n/a 306, though possible, is probably bullshit.
That's what I thought. People need to cut it with the BS I tell ya.

Quick Reply: Me vs HCI + 125 shot 95 Cobra