Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs HCI + 125 shot 95 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys ******* crack me up.. ever wonder how an h/c ls1 can make 400whp... yet another one can make 520whp? If you guys really think a forged 306 is limited to making mid 300s.. Im not the one spewing garbage from my ***. Its incredible how the internet poisons people.

458whp - 127mph trap... wtf is the problem?

330whp - 114mph trap... wtf is the problem?

Get your heads out of the cookie cutter engine building world will ya. Im done here. This is truly ridiculous.

You actually link one person complaining about RKL (everyone has a bunch a complaining customers about speed shops) and somehow that dictates his entire business. Good joke.

You guys continue to be ls1tech heroes. Im going to carry on not building cars online. Later fellahs.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:39 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by evangto87
you guys ******* crack me up.. ever wonder how an h/c ls1 can make 400whp... yet another one can make 520whp? If you guys really think a forged 306 is limited to making mid 300s.. Im not the one spewing garbage from my ***. Its incredible how the internet poisons people.

Get your heads out of the cookie cutter engine building world will ya. Im done here. This is truly ridiculous.

You actually link one person complaining about RKL (everyone has a bunch a complaining customers about speed shops) and somehow that dictates his entire business. Good joke.

You guys continue to be ls1tech heroes. Im going to carry on not building cars online. Later fellahs.
Uh oh, we've upset the SRK Diva. ***** about to get real!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Teching In

That's because it was the first link that came up about his shop. Next, no... I also linked a real 400 rwhp HR cammed 306. The difference is that it actually breaks down what it takes to make one. I can post about a 12,598rwhp 4 cylinder that runs 500mph through the 1/4, and when you ask me to prove it, I can through a temper tantrum and act like it's ridiculous to question me. The fact of the matter is that you're the ridiculous one for posting something like that on the internet and expecting not to be called out.

Essentially, your argument goes: LS1s can do it, why can't the SBF? Well, maybe it has something to do with the limited block strength. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the LS1 can rev to 7500 RPM+ without coming apart. The 302W can't... at least least not for long and not as streetably

I don't question that mid 400s is possible, even with a 30x. I question why you would do it? I question any argument that comes close to comparing that to a street driven combo. I also question how it's done on pump gas or with a hydraulic roller. Unless you provide better documentation, I'd rather believe that your buddy is either full of **** or not giving you the actual details of the motor.

Your criticality of a good running combo tells me that you have no experience building a street 302. Why don't you let your buddy or someone who's actually built an engine get on here and do the ****-talking?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Oh, there is no problem with those power figures and the associated trap speeds. The problem is that no one.....NO ONE has made 330 rwhp with stock E7 heads/stock intake/stock cam EVER. And, only race motors built for specific classes are built to maintain a stock stroke with that much power. Further, the problem is that you're in here spouting off about a motor you clearly have no experience or knowledge of.

Edit: If you're referring to stock Cobra parts, you might be able to squeeze that number with all the tricks, but you're talking hogged out intake/heads, custom cam, offset crank, and taking advantage of every trick in the book, in which case, that's still not even close to comparable to a street car. With the LS1, a streetable H/C/I combo with premium OTS parts running pump gas making 450 or more rwhp is equivalent to the streetable 302 that makes 300-340 rwhp. You're trying to dispute that assertion by talking about race cars.

There is no stronger advocate of the 302W and its capabilities than me in this thread, and there is likely no one more experienced with them here, either. Until somebody who knows anything about them is here, STFU.

Last edited by Chris Arnold; 10-09-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Teching In

not every car is on the internet...in fact...most of these awesome records cars hold...are only on the internet..because theres a faster one out there that doesnt give 2 ***** about internet fame. However i can possibly go to the speed shop that its always in and take some pictures. Thats assuming its still there. He was getting a transmission swap to a c4 and nitrous hooked up. He wants to run into the 9s.

RKL Performance built the car. His name is Ray Leathers. He is a one man shop. He doesnt advertise on the internet. Does not have a website. But hes been around for years. Hes built a lot of stupid fast cars as long as people give the money. His own personal SN95 race car (which is another car that the only reason its a race car is because of suspension and drivetrain). Its an all stock parts 302. Its a class car. Has to run stock heads and stock cam. The car makes 330whp. He knows how to pull power out of everything. Power isnt all H/C you know. The car runs 11.8 at 113 on motor. Hes working on getting it down to 11.5s for the class.

wow, just wow.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Banned

I feel your pain I guess all those low 10sec 130+ 30x ci pure street cars all at 3k + raceweights had a kit lol
Old 10-09-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

lmao.. no.. no hes not. Not everyone is on a forum. Most people arent actually. His car has gone 11.2 at 127 (not the best driver). His car makes every bit of 457whp. Its a fast car. Its an NA 306. If you havent seen a 302 make into the 4s... then you havent seen anyone build one who knows anything about engines
That sounds about like every mustang guy that lives by me. Never seen one dyno more than like 310 whp. All GT40 heads and alphabet cams. Guys are all stuck in the past lol. Thats why they're so fun to pick on.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 478 Likes on 375 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

The old 5.0's start to run ok when you get rid of all the ford parts in them....lmao
Old 10-10-2012, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by automach1
I feel your pain I guess all those low 10sec 130+ 30x ci pure street cars all at 3k + raceweights had a kit lol
they all lie... its impossible. They all peak at mid 300s at the tire. You CANT make any more then that. Its a 306...AND its a ford..
Old 10-10-2012, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The old 5.0's start to run ok when you get rid of all the ford parts in them....lmao

So you like the new 5.0's?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 478 Likes on 375 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Heater
So you like the new 5.0's?
Yea...they run good. Ford did a good job on them. I tried to get notch to swap one of those in the notch instead of the termi motor.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
That sounds about like every mustang guy that lives by me. Never seen one dyno more than like 310 whp. All GT40 heads and alphabet cams. Guys are all stuck in the past lol. Thats why they're so fun to pick on.
thats the thing... 98% of 302s will run a gt40 head and an alphabet cam. They barely make 300whp with an intake no better then stock or an intake with such short runners that the powerband just doesnt work... and still end up losing a race to a bolt on ls1. Hence bad rep. My buddy keither Kalitri runs 11.1 at 122 in his 400whp 306. And his engine build is nearly 15 years old. Just minor changes here and there. The cam in it isnt very big either and also still has blowmaster 2.5 inch mufflers on it. Keith has actually won so many events that you can just google search his name and hes everywhere. Blue notch.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

You thank the Mustang mags and forums like the Corral for that type of thinking. Why people use those old Crane cams and Gt40 crap is beyond me....
Old 10-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Yea...they run good. Ford did a good job on them. I tried to get notch to swap one of those in the notch instead of the termi motor.
Sometimes i wish i would have. It would probly still be runing.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
You thank the Mustang mags and forums like the Corral for that type of thinking. Why people use those old Crane cams and Gt40 crap is beyond me....
when you spend 200 bucks on heads, and 50 bucks on a cam...your not going to break any records...
Old 10-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My friends H/C/I turbo'd fox made 380 on 6psi, later lost to a 115mph civic, those things are beasts lemme tell ya.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by adamantium
My friends H/C/I turbo'd fox made 380 on 6psi, later lost to a 115mph civic, those things are beasts lemme tell ya.
Your friend should find another hobby. Engine building is apparently not his strong suit.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

^
Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Your friend should find another hobby. Engine building is apparently not his strong suit.

Enlighten us then, from the looks of it you guys have tons of hands on experience with building fox's. So what was the last amount of power your fox's have made? Just curious, since you guys have some sort of secret.

Tell that to our tuner, last fox he tuned AFR heads, forgot what cam, trick flow intake, and a turbo made 480whp through an auto on 12-15psi (can't remember). It is what it is brah.

Edit: Heres the STD numbers on the one that lost to the 115mph stock b16 on boost civic.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamantium
Enlighten us then, from the looks of it you guys have tons of hands on experience with building fox's. So what was the last amount of power your fox's have made? Just curious, since you guys have some sort of secret.

Tell that to our tuner, last fox he tuned AFR heads, forgot what cam, trick flow intake, and a turbo made 480whp through an auto on 12-15psi (can't remember). It is what it is brah.
Do you honestly think 380whp from a h/c turbo on 6 psi is the norm? If you think that, then you have been drastically miss-informed. My buddy keith makes 400whp out of an N/A 306 with AFR heads and runs 11.1 at 122. Your aware theres a lot more to making power then just buying parts and putting them together right?

Also this. ONLY in the LS1 world, can you buy just any cam regardless of its intended application and still make good power with it. In the older SBF/SBC world, the difference between a bad spec cam and a good spec cam, regardless of its size, is HUGE! Thats why most people on here tend to think you buy a cam first, and then later on buy an intake and set of heads. The cam is literally the LAST piece of the puzzle to building an NA application. Like I said, only in an LS1 can you get away with just any cam spec being your first motor mod and it still working with any head/intake.

The ls1 is the better motor to start with no doubt, but do not take away what an older small block can do in the hands of someone who understands cfm/velocity/port matching/blue printing/ etc etc. Theres SO much more to building a motor then ordering some parts and tightening the bolts. Anyway sir, not trying to flame you... but you have a lot to learn.

I honestly hate to referance this video. But this is what happened to the last guy that had a 120+mph civic that called Keith out that his N/A 306 was slow. He went to the ends of the earth to avoid this young chump with a honda but the kid just would not let down. So he finally raced him....from a dig of course...the only way he races.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co.../photo_05.html

Thats a picture of him if you think im just making it up. Hes another good friend of mine. Any other questions?

Last edited by evangto87; 10-10-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Me vs HCI + 125 shot 95 Cobra