Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got me a red 2009 6.1 SRT8 for Breakfast this morning.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got me a red 2009 6.1 SRT8 for Breakfast this morning.

The car was a 2009 Charger SRT8, very clean car, stock wheels with Nitto NT05's, loud as hell....
to be fair, i'm running Toyo DR's, of course i didn't tell the guy in our first run guy said he was running C&L CAI, Kooks LT's with Corsa CB and Diablo tuned. Literally ate his car twice from a dig, we caught the last 2 stoplights before going our ways to the freeway this morning at 5:45am.

This damn Toyo TQ tires are very nice for a street car at my power levels, no tire spinning, and the verter flashes at around 3000rpm just flooring her down. first time ever running a stalled Auto car, had the verter installed last month, and the tires 4 days ago, didn't know how fun stalled auto cars were until recently , Charger spun badly on the first light, and tried to amend on the 2nd run, no way of keeping up with a nice launch against a softy one to avoid tire spinning, i told him about the DR's on the 2nd run, he launched the best he could to avoid roasting the tires.

I won't even mention how bad he lost in the first round, because in all fairness he was just going sideways, on the 2nd run he faired better, but no cigar, had him by half bus in 2 gears and change,. I guess from a roll it would be different story, but damn it feels great to be able to go WOT with the car sticking down to the tarmac.

Sorry no video, but working on a little setup to be able to record rare events like this.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill. Spinning aint winning right? I'm thinking that stall is perfect for your setup, especially with that 6spd transmission.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Nice kill! It's a beautiful when all those mods come together to work as they should. From a roll he would have fared better for sure.

Pics of your ride?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlueGoat06
The car was a 2009 Charger SRT8, very clean car, stock wheels with Nitto NT05's, loud as hell....
to be fair, i'm running Toyo DR's, of course i didn't tell the guy in our first run guy said he was running C&L CAI, Kooks LT's with Corsa CB and Diablo tuned. Literally ate his car twice from a dig, we caught the last 2 stoplights before going our ways to the freeway this morning at 5:45am.

This damn Toyo TQ tires are very nice for a street car at my power levels, no tire spinning, and the verter flashes at around 3000rpm just flooring her down. first time ever running a stalled Auto car, had the verter installed last month, and the tires 4 days ago, didn't know how fun stalled auto cars were until recently , Charger spun badly on the first light, and tried to amend on the 2nd run, no way of keeping up with a nice launch against a softy one to avoid tire spinning, i told him about the DR's on the 2nd run, he launched the best he could to avoid roasting the tires.

I won't even mention how bad he lost in the first round, because in all fairness he was just going sideways, on the 2nd run he faired better, but no cigar, had him by half bus in 2 gears and change,. I guess from a roll it would be different story, but damn it feels great to be able to go WOT with the car sticking down to the tarmac.

Sorry no video, but working on a little setup to be able to record rare events like this.
I will get revenge for my fallen brother!!!!!! lol nice kill man your G8 runs good, surprised me more then enough times at the strip
Old 10-09-2012, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
I will get revenge for my fallen brother!!!!!! lol nice kill man your G8 runs good, surprised me more then enough times at the strip
I'm still not matching your traps , still at 85.5mph, took the car 2 days ago to Irwindale, 8.17 to 8.20 70F with 80% humidity, 1200DA's, hoping for high 7's in better DA, once i learn how to launch on the verter, it was my first time after this mod. hopefully by the end of this month, the temps would be around high 50's, then i'm sure i'll get her in the 7.9x area. I'll look for that black Charger SRT8 on Nitto DR's at the track. Now it'll get interesting that the car is able to launch better. He ran 8.17 the last time vs my 8.41, now i'm more at that level with worst DA's, so hopefully some little cold breeze would do it I fared very well taking the win against a brand new C63 AMG and a couple of 5.0's. they were all trapping at 89mph though, so i'll figure with some traction they'll leave me in the dust again. they were running 8.20's for the MB and 8.30's for the stangs, stock tires of course. did a little revision in the trans that helped, next time i'll fine tune the timing, i should get her to trap at 86mph, then by the end of this year i'm adding a nice stick to her, something like a 228/232 or bigger, that was the whole reason for the verter, not happy with my top end at all, so i'll open her up a little if i don't get to 86mph at least the way she sits now

Last edited by BlueGoat06; 10-09-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlueGoat06
I'm still not matching your traps , still at 85.5mph, took the car 2 days ago to Irwindale, 8.17 to 8.20 70F with 80% humidity, 1200DA's, hoping for high 7's in better DA, once i learn how to launch on the verter, it was my first time after this mod. hopefully by the end of this month, the temps would be around high 50's, then i'm sure i'll get her in the 7.9x area. I'll look for that black Charger SRT8 on Nitto DR's at the track. Now it'll get interesting that the car is able to launch better. He ran 8.17 the last time vs my 8.41, now i'm more at that level with worst DA's, so hopefully some little cold breeze would do it I fared very well taking the win against a brand new C63 AMG and a couple of 5.0's. they were all trapping at 89mph though, so i'll figure with some traction they'll leave me in the dust again. they were running 8.20's for the MB and 8.30's for the stangs, stock tires of course. did a little revision in the trans that helped, next time i'll fine tune the timing, i should get her to trap at 86mph, then by the end of this year i'm adding a nice stick to her, something like a 228/232 or bigger, that was the whole reason for the verter, not happy with my top end at all, so i'll open her up a little if i don't get to 86mph at least the way she sits now
What size converter did you get? You should be close to high 7's for sure. Thats right where the bolt on 5.0's are at. Im going to try to make it out thursday to get some new times on DR's
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awaits stopsign to sneak in and Niterider and him to start an internet battle

Good kill!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

Good kill!
He's lurking in the shadows, but he hasn't posted for about 2 months now.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

Good kill!
lol...for sure
Old 10-10-2012, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
What size converter did you get? You should be close to high 7's for sure. Thats right where the bolt on 5.0's are at. Im going to try to make it out thursday to get some new times on DR's
3200rpm stall, the weather is not looking good tomorrow, 50% chances of rain
We could make arrangements to see if we can get some G8's vs SRT's Oct 25th at the track, it's very difficult to get the G8 crowd together here in Southern Cali i guess the weather should be better by the end of October, so the 25th would be better for everybody, that way we'll have time to recruit the most cars possible. let me know if October 25th sounds like a good plan, bring those DR's because mine ain't spinning them your car and mine are very well matched now on DR's

Last edited by BlueGoat06; 10-10-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Got me a red 2009 6.1 SRT8 for Breakfast this morning.