LS3 Corvette vs. SVT Cobra, LS2 Corvette, Turbo Integra, 403 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 02:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.
Car runs like ****.
Get a proper setup in. Should never lose to a 120 trap car.
Was thinking the same thing.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin I want you to post that video of you racing the honda's
Old 10-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by clonedws6
Shouldn't your 5th gen run like 9s but actually does 12s? Oh hello pot, I'm kettle.
No and no.

But please, do tell me more about your 115 trap cammed GTO.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
both. Roll mainly since thats mostly what i do. Weights are closer then people think. Im also comparing my car to vettes. Not other bosses.

Point is, if i trap 121 without e85 or longtubes... hell still having stock cats... how does that not make me a close race mod for mod?
Do it with a 2.15 60' like he did. The stangs need the 60' to get there.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Teching In

the one in this video here has longtubes and e85... i have neither and am confident id hit those trap speeds... why isnt that close?

Meh screw it. Ill just prove it saturday
I have never raced a new 5.0 or BOSS. Let me know if you want to do some rolls on one of these nice Indiana days
Old 10-23-2012, 09:30 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Do it with a 2.15 60' like he did. The stangs need the 60' to get there.
This.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Teching In

One thing that has really hurt my trap speed, is that I have to shift into 4th right after the 1000' foot mark. If i could rev it to 7k RPM's like the Z06, and keep it in 3rd gear I would pick up a few MPH. If you listen to my video you hear the shift, then the run is done
Old 10-23-2012, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

while i do agree your gearing isnt the best for the track, your not exactly a sally behind the wheel either. I dont doubt your car is quicker then mine as they both sit. But my point is between changing to long tubes and high flow cats (25-30whp) and changing to e85 (maybe 15hp?)...i cant see how these cars wouldnt be close. Hell i think there close now. Mine will be right around 460-470whp when done (that includes the lightened drivetrain ill be doing over winter) and weighing in right around 3275 (estimated based off where i have found weight to pull with swapping parts).

I just dont see it not being close. As far as aero is concerned..my gearing makes up for that. 125-165 in its 1:1 gear. Trust me when i say, it doesnt stop of slow down... it usually pulls a bit better actually.

I assume youre from indiana? If so im from RI. Your exactly the car id want to race. Good performer with a guy who can drive it
Old 10-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Teching In

while i do agree your gearing isnt the best for the track, your not exactly a sally behind the wheel either. I dont doubt your car is quicker then mine as they both sit. But my point is between changing to long tubes and high flow cats (25-30whp) and changing to e85 (maybe 15hp?)...i cant see how these cars wouldnt be close. Hell i think there close now. Mine will be right around 460-470whp when done (that includes the lightened drivetrain ill be doing over winter) and weighing in right around 3275 (estimated based off where i have found weight to pull with swapping parts).

I just dont see it not being close. As far as aero is concerned..my gearing makes up for that. 125-165 in its 1:1 gear. Trust me when i say, it doesnt stop of slow down... it usually pulls a bit better actually.

I assume youre from indiana? If so im from RI. Your exactly the car id want to race. Good performer with a guy who can drive it
All good points, and I actually think it would be a really close race. I had no idea you were making that much power! Just for the record, I don't have cats
Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS3_E85_Corvette
All good points, and I actually think it would be a really close race. I had no idea you were making that much power! Just for the record, I don't have cats
Mine made 417whp as it sits... but an 03 cobra with a 2.76 pulley, catless x pipe, catback, and air intake also made 416whp (for comparison since all dynos arent equal). Currently still on the factory cats and the shorty headers were for sound purposes before i decided i was gonna go further with the car and say screw the warranty. But between the driveshaft and headers/high flows, should grab another 30whp. I wish you were closer man, i wanna race a bolt on good driven ls3 vette. Im not the type to care about winning or losing. I just like close races. I think you would edge me out slightly as we sit. But by no way crush me as people would think. RI sucks... no one exists to race. At least not what i want to race
Old 10-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Mine made 417whp as it sits... but an 03 cobra with a 2.76 pulley, catless x pipe, catback, and air intake also made 416whp (for comparison since all dynos arent equal). Currently still on the factory cats and the shorty headers were for sound purposes before i decided i was gonna go further with the car and say screw the warranty. But between the driveshaft and headers/high flows, should grab another 30whp. I wish you were closer man, i wanna race a bolt on good driven ls3 vette. Im not the type to care about winning or losing. I just like close races. I think you would edge me out slightly as we sit. But by no way crush me as people would think. RI sucks... no one exists to race. At least not what i want to race
I'm the same way in regards to winning or losing. I have suprized myself with some of the cars I beat however, I will lose to a car I thought would be a easy win. It's all fun at the end of the day! how lucky are we to have these awesome cars anyway?

Find a reason to drive out to Indy this summer. Our car scene will not disappoint
Old 10-23-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm the same way in regards to winning or losing. I have suprized myself with some of the cars I beat however, I will lose to a car I thought would be a easy win. It's all fun at the end of the day! how lucky are we to have these awesome cars anyway?

Find a reason to drive out to Indy this summer. Our car scene will not disappoint
If all goes according to plan.. ill have my car done by summer and ill have plenty of left over funds to make a trip out somewhere. Never been to indiana. What are the plans for the vette?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm surprised there's no vette's in your area evan.. vette's are a dime in a dozen... according to 90% of the keyboard warriors
Old 10-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Imstock2
I'm surprised there's no vette's in your area evan.. vette's are a dime in a dozen... according to 90% of the keyboard warriors
lol not in miami they're not.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Imstock2
lol there are vettes.. but there stock with old men driving them. The cliche vette scene i guess you could say. Theres no one my age with one. Not sure why. Can find some nice vettes for a lot cheaper then what it cost me to get the boss. Only ls3 vette i know of is my buddys fathers z51. He drove it to 12.3 at 117 on street tires. He actually had a good launch but spun on the 1-2 shift. Old man can drive too lol...which is rare. Other then that though. Theres nothing. Ive been looking for a stock c6 z06 to race for about 3 years now.. whenever i see one, its usually on the opposite side of the highway
Old 10-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Our car scene will not disappoint
We really do have a solid scene out here. Mostly cool people too.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
We really do have a solid scene out here. Mostly cool people too.
I would have to agree, I feel a trip to ohio comming on..
Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Teching In

If all goes according to plan.. ill have my car done by summer and ill have plenty of left over funds to make a trip out somewhere. Never been to indiana. What are the plans for the vette?
I'm dialed in with the Vet at the moment. I might do a Ported Throttle body over the winter, but that's it. I'm waiting on the base C7 to really start modify. I need to keep this car as close to stock, so it has some good resell value.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueWKforDAYZ
I would have to agree, I feel a trip to ohio comming on..
Where and when?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm dialed in with the Vet at the moment. I might do a Ported Throttle body over the winter, but that's it. I'm waiting on the base C7 to really start modify. I need to keep this car as close to stock, so it has some good resell value.

Port the manifold and leave it alone then. Be a solid running bolt on car. Prob get her to trap in the 124-125 area with some good launches

Quick Reply: LS3 Corvette vs. SVT Cobra, LS2 Corvette, Turbo Integra, 403 Trans Am