Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SAR Returns by Sneaky Sneaky Films

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by evangto87
Makes sense lol. What are the mods getting done?
Yeah ....its getting a set of precision turbos
Old 10-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I was hoping to to see your Z in one of those vids !
Old 10-24-2012, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by powerhouse12gt
Yeah ....its getting a set of precision turbos
Id like to see that
Old 10-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by evangto87
Id like to see that
Yeah all I'm missing is the fuel components and ill be limited due to this mt-82 (yuck)!!! It'll be identical to the twinturbo50 set up
Old 10-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PhantaZm
Yeah man just PM me or powerhouse12gt when you get to town and are settled in. We have another GTO same color as yours with some good power mods, but it's in the body shop for repairs because some red light runner t-boned him or something. He has an account here too. I'll see if I can find him. (Edit: 409CISecondGen)
Sounds good man I'll do that for sure. I'll actually be in SA tomorrow looking at few houses. I drive a BOM GTO on black weld RTS's. So if you see one like that it's probably me.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Daz
I was hoping to to see your Z in one of those vids !
Thanks and I would have too, but at the same time I'm also OK if my runs are left out...kind of torn there lol. I actually ran the silver Evo you see in the vid when he was at his 485awhp setup and I pulled on the top. I didn't bother setting up my GoPro that night because my windows are tinted now and my last night vid didn't come out too well (vs GT-R). The Evo had a passenger recording, but I left it completely up to him whether or not to post it and he chose not to. I was recently notified by someone that there is another view of my run, but he also didn't post it. The silver Evo is now on a 520+ setup and that's where you see him in the "Slowto's Revenge" part of the video. He's approaching the point where I *might* need a little bottle for him.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cornbread23
Sounds good man I'll do that for sure. I'll actually be in SA tomorrow looking at few houses. I drive a BOM GTO on black weld RTS's. So if you see one like that it's probably me.
Oh I will definitely notice it if I see it I'm sure. lol
Old 10-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks and I would have too, but at the same time I'm also OK if my runs are left out...kind of torn there lol. I actually ran the silver Evo you see in the vid when he was at his 485awhp setup and I pulled on the top. I didn't bother setting up my GoPro that night because my windows are tinted now and my last night vid didn't come out too well (vs GT-R). The Evo had a passenger recording, but I left it completely up to him whether or not to post it and he chose not to. I was recently notified by someone that there is another view of my run, but he also didn't post it. The silver Evo is now on a 520+ setup and that's where you see him in the "Slowto's Revenge" part of the video. He's approaching the point where I *might* need a little bottle for him.
What are you doing for a rear end and axles ? I've been looking for something strong enough for my Z(I'm hoping for 580whp + in my turbo LS4.8).
Old 10-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Daz
What are you doing for a rear end and axles ? I've been looking for something strong enough for my Z(I'm hoping for 580whp + in my turbo LS4.8).
It's got the Q-45 R-200 short-nose swap + CV axles and I put down 440rwhp on a mustang dyno/500 on a dynojet N/A. I broke the stock driverside stub axle at the track in the summer trying to launch hard with a new clutch so got that replaced with the Chequered Flag Racing pieces. The beefed up stub axles enabled me to eliminate the custom billet hub adapters for mating Q45 6-bolt axles with stock 4-bolt stubs. Haven't been able to test at the track on that setup yet since the car's in the shop on a waiting list for other stuff right now. There is an LS1 Z-car that has all upgraded parts, but is still managing to break stuff so I don't really know if it'll hold yet. He's looking into a Ford 8.8 IRS setup now.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:37 PM
wbt
Teching In

To answer a couple questions...

The cars in this video range from high 10s to mid 13s at the track. If I am not mistaken, that Honda you see in there posted the quickest ET at the track at a recent import event at SA Raceway, but you see it getting pulled here because these are mostly street cars. Some of the other cars were at the track that night too...I'll see if I can find a link.
Update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1poiQVgebI

From the video creator, instructions for mobile viewers: "If u wanna view on mobile do this... Go to search and search YouTube. Click it... Then click desktop mode and search 1crazysrt and click on the vid. It works"
I was there with my Mustang on Import Night. I don't see any correlation with the street racing vid you posted with the track vid and having "10 second" rides.

If these "street cars" are so omnipotent, post up the 1/4 mile times specific for each car. I would be happy to line my N/A 2012 Mustang GT up against any one of them at the track.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Teching In

lol I'll leave that up to the track racers to post up in the track racing forum because I really don't give a f**k. At least I made one attempt to answer you though
Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 AM
wbt
Teching In

lol I'll leave that up to the track racers to post up in the track racing forum because I really don't give a f**k. At least I made one attempt to answer you though
Very poor at that.....
Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wbt
Very poor at that.....
Dude why are you such a dick in every thread get over yourself
Old 10-29-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

For real.

Nice vids.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 PM
wbt
Teching In

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Dude why are you such a dick in every thread get over yourself
Part of my signature is dedicated to you.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wbt
You still didn't answer my question...what are you 12? And if your referring to the 392 which still has a locked PCM thats pretty stupid
Old 10-29-2012, 07:54 PM
wbt
Teching In

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
You still didn't answer my question...what are you 12? And if your referring to the 392 which still has a locked PCM thats pretty stupid
For starters you stated your opinion. Second you look like a fool after touting how all these 392's are bad *** and going to lay waste to this and that.....just wait. Finally, the stuff posted in this thread happened very close to me. In fact, the import night mentioned I attended. The only imports there running 10's or better were full on race cars.

You just don't like the fact I call BS when I see it. If you don't like it, put me on ignore or move on to a different thread. Easy solution but I think you are probably too pig headed to do it.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Teching In

^^ This guy "wbt" doesn't know the cars or drivers in the either video I posted apparently. He is also not part of our private group. The Honda in the SAI video at 1:38 in the right lane did a best of 10.92 @ 132 that night which is the best ET and is or near the best trap of all the cars in the first video. That same Honda is seen getting beat by a street Evo in the SAR video (first I posted here) at 10:53. The GT-R also got him at 11:06. The cars in the first vid really do range from high 10's (Honda) to mid-13s (SRT-8).

So now anyone who reads this can see for themselves I have posted facts, and "wbt" is blowing smoke...or something else lol. Add to that our group has at least 3 N/A 5.0 Mustangs that can beat his supposed fastest '11 N/A 5.0 no problem.

Last edited by PhantaZm; 10-30-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by wbt
I find it funny part of it is dedicated to me too. Especially when you failed to correct slips I posted when that were faster in worse air. You only do things when it may favor you. Just shows what a loser you are.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:40 AM
wbt
Teching In

^^ This guy "wbt" doesn't know the cars or drivers in the either video I posted apparently. He is also not part of our private group. The Honda in the SAI video at 1:38 in the right lane did a best of 10.92 @ 132 that night which is the best ET and is or near the best trap of all the cars in the first video. That same Honda is seen getting beat by a street Evo in the SAR video (first I posted here) at 10:53. The GT-R also got him at 11:06. The cars in the first vid really do range from high 10's (Honda) to mid-13s (SRT-8).

So now anyone who reads this can see for themselves I have posted facts, and "wbt" is blowing smoke...or something else lol. Add to that our group has at least 3 N/A 5.0 Mustangs that can beat his supposed fastest '11 N/A 5.0 no problem.
It's wonderful you mentioned certain cars in said videos but you can't read the boards to know what they ran. How is this "proof" of anything?

I have plenty of timeslips and video of what my car will do. Please enlighten everyone with the timeslips and video of those N/A 2011+ 5.0's that are quicker/faster than me. Better yet, bring it to the track and let's line up.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I find it funny part of it is dedicated to me too. Especially when you failed to correct slips I posted when that were faster in worse air. You only do things when it may favor you. Just shows what a loser you are.
Really? Let's see that once more. I don't believe I failed to make any such comparison. The link in my signature spells it out. You come off as butthurt.

I have no issue backing up what I post. Others seem to have this problem however.

Last edited by wbt; 10-30-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: SAR Returns by Sneaky Sneaky Films