Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/c Ta vs bolt on 5.0 and C6

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
thats just a retarded statement.
But funny, it made me laugh. Not saying all but some people seem to think this is so.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

My GTO was faster then my Boss.... but my boss is barely modded. In the long run, the Boss will be faster then my GTO was and it will run smooth and not be all cammed out.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by adamantium
Wait wut, your adding a turbo to run a H/C f-body at full weight. lol ford lyfe.
You are a dumbass
Old 10-31-2012, 10:56 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
You are a dumbass
Old 10-31-2012, 10:56 PM
Launching!

My GTO was faster then my Boss.... but my boss is barely modded. In the long run, the Boss will be faster then my GTO was and it will run smooth and not be all cammed out.
Ok I'm sorry but this one made me laugh. "All cammed out" wow thank you for that one. I like me some lope, that's part of the appeal of having a cam. Like I'm sure you know already, they don't give parts away for those mod motors once you start going internal.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Ok I'm sorry but this one made me laugh. "All cammed out" wow thank you for that one. I like me some lope, that's part of the appeal of having a cam. Like I'm sure you know already, they don't give parts away for those mod motors once you start going internal.
Good thing he does not need any internal parts to outun his old gto
Old 10-31-2012, 11:00 PM
Launching!

You are a dumbass
Just saying bro, you went from all out n/a setup. Now your running a factory short-block ls1 with a built turbo setup. Lol

It's cool though, I want to check out your car, I like me some 4 valves.
I can bring my buddies turbo termi and y'all can have at it also. It's all in the name of fun.It's always best when everyone has a good time with no bs.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:03 PM
Launching!

Good thing he does not need any internal parts to outun his old gto
You did catch the part where he limped the car to his pb on street tires right? Lol

Anyways if that's the case more power to him and anybody else with one.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im confused what made you laugh about that? Ive lost all appeal for the radical idle of a lopey cam. I prefer a smooth running car now. Call it getting old. If i ever had to build another NA ls car... it would get a max effort head/intake setup with a custom ground sleeper cam. Im just not into that anymore. And what do you mean they dont give parts away? As in for cheap?
Old 10-31-2012, 11:09 PM
Banned

Just saying bro, you went from all out n/a setup. Now your running a factory short-block ls1 with a built turbo setup. Lol

It's cool though, I want to check out your car, I like me some 4 valves.
I can bring my buddies turbo termi and y'all can have at it also. It's all in the name of fun.It's always best when everyone has a good time with no bs.
I no longer have the n/a setup it was traded. No it was not becasue it was not what I thought it was going to be. I just ran into alot of problems and it needed somebody with the time and the know how to put into it to make it right. Like said before I will post the results of it so all the talk will be backed up just not in my car

I did not turbo the car to run full weight h/c fbodys lol However if you still want to run so be it. I will not stick my nose in the air.

Not sure how it is going to pan out as it is a budget minded build so far looks like stock 03 cobra short block with diamonds, 99 c-heads/mani, maybe some cams and with a small turbo on low boost pump gas for now. So not sure how it would fair against a big turbo cobra.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Im confused what made you laugh about that? Ive lost all appeal for the radical idle of a lopey cam. I prefer a smooth running car now. Call it getting old. If i ever had to build another NA ls car... it would get a max effort head/intake setup with a custom ground sleeper cam. Im just not into that anymore. And what do you mean they dont give parts away? As in for cheap?
Yes the way you said all cammed out made me laugh you old fart. Lol

Yes, it's an expression I used meaning a build wouldn't be cheap. It's always Ben a con for those motors.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes the way you said all cammed out made me laugh you old fart. Lol

Yes, it's an expression I used meaning a build wouldn't be cheap. It's always Ben a con for those motors.
I prob wont ever build it. And the boss will never be faster at the track then the GTO could have been. As far as comparing them is concerned, im looking more into the roll aspect of them. And yea its a 5k dollar H/C build to one of these. But it does provide a lot of extra power. Id break a fair amount over 500whp with the top end parts out there. But ill most likely never do that.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:18 PM
Launching!

I no longer have the n/a setup it was traded. No it was not becasue it was not what I thought it was going to be. I just ran into alot of problems and it needed somebody with the time and the know how to put into it to make it right. Like said before I will post the results of it so all the talk will be backed up just not in my car

I did not turbo the car to run full weight h/c fbodys lol However if you still want to run so be it. I will not stick my nose in the air.

Not sure how it is going to pan out as it is a budget minded build so far looks like stock 03 cobra short block with diamonds, 99 c-heads/mani, maybe some cams and with a small turbo on low boost pump gas for now. So not sure how it would fair against a big turbo cobra.

Of course I'm still down to run. Sounds like a fun/solid setup to me.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

So you ditched the badass N/A setup for a budget turbo setup and the car still isn't running?

Jeez Louis
Old 10-31-2012, 11:41 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course I'm still down to run. Sounds like a fun/solid setup to me.

Sounds like another 2 years of fuckery in the SRK section without results.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I prob wont ever build it. And the boss will never be faster at the track then the GTO could have been. As far as comparing them is concerned, im looking more into the roll aspect of them. And yea its a 5k dollar H/C build to one of these. But it does provide a lot of extra power. Id break a fair amount over 500whp with the top end parts out there. But ill most likely never do that.
That is what made me sell the stage 3 cams I had for my 5.0.
Cost of them and install(almost 2800) just to hit 480-500whp. I spent 1000 more then would have and got the paxton. Did install my self saving install money. Just had to have it tuned.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:40 AM
9 Second Club

"Max effort" with sleeper cam?

Even those baby 224's have a noticeable lope.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

On LS1tech, a dd has to be all cammed out to get any respect.

Evan, even though your engine is all forged with CNC ported heads, when you go to build it, it's going to be more expensive than building a LS motor...
Old 11-01-2012, 02:58 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater

Evan, even though your engine is all forged with CNC ported heads, when you go to build it, it's going to be more expensive than building a LS motor...
It's just wired seeing "max effort" and "sleeper cam" in the same sentence that's all.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater

Cams 1500. Phasers or lockouts another 50. Then either do install or pay 800-1500 for install.

Quick Reply: H/c Ta vs bolt on 5.0 and C6