11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

zl1 6spds just need a tune and drivermod....and a diet..good video
Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 185 Likes on 130 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Beans
So a road race car can only run decently (still a relative term) before it gets up to normal operating temps?

Lol
yes. it's sad.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve C.
I admit, GTRs aren't the best looking vehicles.....but that CTS-V takes the cake for ultimate ugliness. The coupe looks ugly enough to begin with, top that with yellow tinted headlights, so cheap looking and so ugly looking.

Thanks for sharing the video. All the Cars were fast and ugly. Haha
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle3835
Here are a few shots of the car, the yellow film just like the car style is love it or hate it. Im just lazy and waiting to take it off. I think the wagon is the best looking but others seem to like this car once they see it in person. I still wish I had picked up a wagon but I am a sucker for a good deal so I ended up with a coupe.

The first pic shows it on stock wheels but they have been widened by ericvaughmachine.com to a true 11 inch and running a 305/35/19 r888.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I will never understand how the shitty drivers in car magazines can get an auto CTS-V sedan to 12.2@119 but then they struggle to get mid 12's@114-115 out of a car that is supposed to be lighter and of better technology

WTF mate?

CTS-V coupes =

I think almost anyone would mod up purposely for a race with one so they wouldn't lose and see that ugly *** rear end in front of them

How can someone say the V Coupe are ugly??? Especially this one!!?? you guys are on crack. GTR looks a total piece of **** compared to it. Ugly wheels, ugly front, but the rear is ok, but lights are from a Vette

I mean, if Coupe and GTR are ugly, why no comments on the fugly riced up Civic!!??

Maybe plp are jealous cause they cant afford a V...

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
ayoena who buysa zl1 for persofmrnace isf uckng stupdi.
Yep, plp buying N/A SS 5th Gen for performance/mods/FI are even more stupid.

ZL1 is slow and a piece of ****, yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPXq0d-SCEI
Old 11-05-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
How can someone say the V Coupe are ugly??? Especially this one!!?? you guys are on crack. GTR looks a total piece of **** compared to it. Ugly wheels, ugly front, but the rear is ok, but lights are from a Vette

I mean, if Coupe and GTR are ugly, why no comments on the fugly riced up Civic!!??

Maybe ppl are jealous cause they cant afford a V...
The V Coupes are slightly "growing" on me, but I still think the back is hideous. I also am not a fan of GT-R looks and yeah never a fan of riced up cars. Just found it surprising others commented how sexy the V Coupe is when that is so opposite to what I think lol

I prefer the more bland look of the sedan V's, personally, and I know what I can afford and can't afford.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
Now that one coupe that i like!!

On the ZL0, biggest fail from GM in a very long time.

The issues are from the factory tune.

Ive seen the iat table for the zl1,ctsv,and zr1. While the zr1 and V were similiar the zl1's starting pulling a **** ton of timing at very low temps. 8-10* is probably 80hp or more. Being down that much hp explains those times/traps.

The question is WHY did GM do this. Something is fishy with that mysterious QC hold they had on the car.

A custom tune should have the car running the numbers it supposed to.
Wow! I totally disagree; Straight line performance and shitty tune from factory, maybe(114-116mph is slow with a warranty, ok gotcha). Its the GT500 13' which is ahead of everything, **in straight line** for the price(because in case you didnt read anything on the subject, ZL1 is winning on road course with a 100hp handicap, so yeah ZL0.. )

We could say that all SRT8 are the biggest fail in history since they lose in every category, even the price.

And the 1LE is on 0.3sec behind the GT500 on VIR, is the GT500 a fail to you??
Old 11-05-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
The V Coupes are slightly "growing" on me, but I still think the back is hideous. I also am not a fan of GT-R looks and yeah never a fan of riced up cars. Just found it surprising others commented how sexy the V Coupe is when that is so opposite to what I think lol

I prefer the more bland look of the sedan V's, personally, and I know what I can afford and can't afford.

I dont know, I never heard any bad comment on the V Coupe, except on this forum...its almost like its cool to say it looks bad!!

Anyway, cant argue with everyone's tastes..
Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know, I never heard any bad comment on the V Coupe, except on this forum...its almost like its cool to say it looks bad!!

Anyway, cant argue with everyone's tastes..
I know quite a few people who think they are ugly.

There is a Chinese foreign exchange student on campus with one and every time myself and a group of fraternity brothers walk by it we always comment how it is such a badass car but the back looks so awful
Old 11-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

ZL1 is slow and a piece of ****, yep.
The ZL1 ran 10.772 @ 130.32 with the following mods:
New Era Performance CAI
KDI Ported Stock Supercharger, Upper Pulley
KDI Heat Exchanger
Nick WIlliams 102 Throttle Body
ID 850cc fuel injectors
Custom Tuning

That's ******* slow for already having a boosted built car and throwing all that one.

A regular SS is actually much better investment if you take pricing into account.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Wow! I totally disagree; Straight line performance and shitty tune from factory, maybe(114-116mph is slow with a warranty, ok gotcha). Its the GT500 13' which is ahead of everything, **in straight line** for the price(because in case you didnt read anything on the subject, ZL1 is winning on road course with a 100hp handicap, so yeah ZL0.. )

We could say that all SRT8 are the biggest fail in history since they lose in every category, even the price.

And the 1LE is on 0.3sec behind the GT500 on VIR, is the GT500 a fail to you??
the zl1's fastest run is very close to the gt 500's fastest run.. so is the gt 500 a massive fail too?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

New Era Performance CAI
KDI Heat Exchanger
ID 850cc fuel injectors
Custom Tuning

That's ******* slow for already having a boosted built car and throwing all that one.

A regular SS is actually much better investment if you take pricing into account.
the only thing is with the zl1 is you get a stronger driveline, and a car that will always be worth a lot more than a regular ss.

just like if you want to build a badass fast vette, you might as well start with a regular c6.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That CTS-V coupe is sexy!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Teching In

New Era Performance CAI
KDI Heat Exchanger
ID 850cc fuel injectors
Custom Tuning

That's $4500 in mods, ultimately the car still needs meth. My buddy just developed a kit for the V and ZL1 to use a lid spacer for post boost. I am currently running pre rotor so it has very little impact. He made two pulls 7 mins apart on the dyno 1st was 707/653 2nd was 705/650 with no icing and temps never got over 105 degrees. The V starts pulling time at 140 and I am sure the ZL1 is the same. It wont work on the ZR1 since the blower sits so close to the window in the hood. This part alone is a huge breakthrough for anyone running these cars. On Average we are seeing around 30whp with meth, but with these cars its not about the gains but being able to maintain.

For those of you who are interested he is also doing a nitrous plate
Old 11-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mooseknuckle3835
That's $4500 in mods, ultimately the car still needs meth. My buddy just developed a kit for the V and ZL1 to use a lid spacer for post boost. I am currently running pre rotor so it has very little impact. He made two pulls 7 mins apart on the dyno 1st was 707/653 2nd was 705/650 with no icing and temps never got over 105 degrees. The V starts pulling time at 140 and I am sure the ZL1 is the same. It wont work on the ZR1 since the blower sits so close to the window in the hood. This part alone is a huge breakthrough for anyone running these cars. On Average we are seeing around 30whp with meth, but with these cars its not about the gains but being able to maintain.

For those of you who are interested he is also doing a nitrous plate
First thanks for the headlight cover ****. I already ordered it.

Second, I think the ZL1 was an utter failure in what it is. It has potential, but the car was marketed as a gt500 killer, and it comes out and it's a ******* road course car.
Goes with my theory that GM will never make a car that will threaten the vette (chevy).
Old 11-05-2012, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

So how is the ZL1 supposed to be such a wonder on a road course if it heat soaks after the 8th mile? Once again... i said it before and ill say it again. ONE LAP WONDER! Boosted cars were not meant to be road course cars... plain and simple. Ever wonder why all the road course versions of any porsche, etc... were all NA? Because unlike Motortrend and Car & Driver, they like to make more then one lap.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by evangto87
So how is the ZL1 supposed to be such a wonder on a road course if it heat soaks after the 8th mile? Once again... i said it before and ill say it again. ONE LAP WONDER! Boosted cars were not meant to be road course cars... plain and simple. Ever wonder why all the road course versions of any porsche, etc... were all NA? Because unlike Motortrend and Car & Driver, they like to make more then one lap.
Suspension work. It truly is an amazing handler for its weight.
I guess people still like road courses and all that gay ****.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Suspension work. It truly is an amazing handler for its weight.
I guess people still like road courses and all that gay ****.
Suspension is only one aspect. A heat soaking platform is not exactly something ideal for constant high rpm racing
Old 11-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by evangto87
Suspension is only one aspect. A heat soaking platform is not exactly something ideal for constant high rpm racing
I never said it was the best road course car. I simply said it was made out to being some nasty *** boosted car and it came out with a shitty tuned boosted platform and road course suspension.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

im really curious to know what everyone would say if i raced my friends auto zl1 in the typical 40-125. Wonder what people would come up with for excuses
Old 11-06-2012, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

A car with minimal mods(for not so much $) in the 130mph, its pretty badass. A regular SS will needs a lot of work to performs this much and then you still wont have a ZL1, which has a lot of goodies from factory. But I'm a N/A guy, so a ZL1 is not an option and too much $$ for me, for now.

evangto87, no excuses, you would rape a ZL1, from the video I've seen of your car. Simple as that. But, ZL1 heat soaking are only speculations. Unless someone tested it. Maybe I missed that. heh

To Bighammer; I'm not the one who started the big fail ****. I was doing a comparison to express that saying a ZL1 is the biggest GM failure is too much.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

Did you just say the GT-R had lights from a vette? The GT-R had lights like that for a longer time than the Corvette. Wow some people are really ignorant. As far as the CTS-V looking better than the GT-R that is an opinion. I think the GT-R looks better than the CTS-V coupe to be honest.

And Tiger's civic being riced out? LOL man, I didn't think a white civic with black wheels was "riced out" but I guess since it's Japanese it is. I don't even like civics but his is clean.

Quick Reply: GT-R vs CTS-V and turbo civic.