Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 Z06 vs 96 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 05:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
I have zero doubt it wouldn't take full bolt ons to my 02 to guarantee a win on a stock 5.0.

They aren't as fast as a C5Z and I know it wouldn't take full bolt ons to outrun a C5Z.

All 3 had:
longtubes
ORY
muffler
gears
converter
MAF
intake/TB
ram air
UDPk
tune

It is rare to run into a true bolt on car... Before finishing full bolt ons, people usually do a cam.
Are you saying your bonestock z28 would pull me? Im just asking?
Old 11-21-2012, 06:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
My non face plated T-56 says hey
Tell it hey back.....although I really don't know what that's suppose to mean. T56's hold up fine....that's why you finally got one in a ford in 03.
Originally Posted by corysmach1
Yeah and your car traps 131 lol. You guys crack me up F-BODYS are amazing. Unstoppable. Untouchable. Unbreakable. Absolutely invincible.
Are you saying it don't? It's trapped 129 or more the last 3 times at the track......but yea they are pretty damn good cars overall. Took Ford long enough to catch up.
Ive already beat 3 full bolt on ls1s and a full bolt on G8 in my 5.0. According to you guys thats damn near impossible because there is no way my car would trap that.
You did'nt beat any full bolt-on ls1's with a bone stock 5.0. You beat their driver or their mechanic. Full bolt-on ls1 should run well into the 11's.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Tell it hey back.....although I really don't know what that's suppose to mean. T56's hold up fine....that's why you finally got one in a ford in 03.

Are you saying it don't? It's trapped 129 or more the last 3 times at the track......but yea they are pretty damn good cars overall. Took Ford long enough to catch up.

You did'nt beat any full bolt-on ls1's with a bone stock 5.0. You beat their driver or their mechanic. Full bolt-on ls1 should run well into the 11's.
Hahahaha ok. Come here and trap that. And there is a guy in this thread that witnessed all of my races tbat will vouche for the outcomes. Actually 3 people in this thread. Ive never said they arent good cars. But they are far from as bad as you think they are. And my mach 1 did the same thing to them back in 03.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:10 AM
10 Second Club

Come where... I don't see it changing much unless the d/a is stupid high or your runnin up hill.

Like I said you out drove them or out mechaniced them. If woulda been a full bolt-on car I had anything to do with......you woulda been out ran pretty bad.

You trapped what with your Mack 1?....are you trying to compare your after market forced induced car now?

Our results

http://youtu.be/lw2TtKy21Ws

http://youtu.be/fyhXGDP4ExE
Old 11-21-2012, 07:18 AM
10 Second Club

If you want I can post a vid of the black camaro when it was stock so you can see it stay's closer to the '12 Camaro than the modded Mack 1 does.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
just wanted to quote this. so the ford guys can make that excuse when a lsx beats a ford. carry on..
Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Teching In

Im not watching any of your videos....your the baddest guy i know i will ignore all of your posts from here on out.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Heater
My non face plated T-56 says hey
You may be just poking fun but I'll say it anyways. Lol

What's different about your t-56 from a f-body's, besides steeper od gears and a shitty input shaft?

P.S.- Take it easy on me lol

Last edited by 99peweterls1; 11-21-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Launching!

Im not watching any of your videos....your the baddest guy i know i will ignore all of your posts from here on out.
We're not implying a stock ls1 will beat a new 5.0.

A bolt on ls1 will, but your trying to make it seem like the ole n/a 4valve is a better race for the ls1 when it's not.

If your going to compare a well suited 4 valve vs the ls1, why not make the ls1 well built to?

If your going to compare poor excuses of ls1's to 4 valve's, why can't we compare poor excuse 4 valves?

Not to be taken word for word. Just so you understand my logic there.

The thing is its not hard to get a car to run well like the ones talked about in here. Far to many people just bolt on parts and call it good.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Launching!

One more thing, on a built car scale of 1-10, what would everyone rate the jpc all motor gt vs the fastest cam only ls1 car? Lmao

Am I the only one that noticed?

Subject cars:

Mustang

Camaro

Last edited by 99peweterls1; 11-21-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1

A bolt on ls1 will, but your trying to make it seem like the ole n/a 4valve is a better race for the ls1 when it's not.

If your going to compare a well suited 4 valve vs the ls1, why not make the ls1 well built to?

If your going to compare poor excuses of ls1's to 4 valve's, why can't we compare poor excuse 4 valves?

The thing is its not hard to get a car to run well like the ones talked about in here. Far to many people just bolt on parts and call it good.
Your missing my point man.....everything that i have said is what ive actually done. As far as who ive raced and beat. Ive been driving and racing lsx cars for 10 years and i actually love them. They are solid cars with great potential. So now that you know i am not biased, everything i say is complete honesty. Just like some of you guys claimed you have beat mustang after mustang etc and they are slow and weak etc. I am sure you have i never said it was impossible because nothing is.....especially on the street. But for people to get on here and say a certain car would walk me. Lol thats insane cuz we will never know. And PLEASE guys stop comparing your amazing track times to the street races that are happening hundreds of miles away......nobody cares.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

but cory has beat 4 of them. and it wasn't all that close either? its ok for you guys to say you have beat cars and thats the way it should be. but cory beats them and its poorly driven or has a poor mechanic...
Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Launching!

Your missing my point man.....everything that i have said is what ive actually done. As far as who ive raced and beat. Ive been driving and racing lsx cars for 10 years and i actually love them. They are solid cars with great potential. So now that you know i am not biased, everything i say is complete honesty. Just like some of you guys claimed you have beat mustang after mustang etc and they are slow and weak etc. I am sure you have i never said it was impossible because nothing is.....especially on the street. But for people to get on here and say a certain car would walk me. Lol thats insane cuz we will never know. And PLEASE guys stop comparing your amazing track times to the street races that are happening hundreds of miles away......nobody cares.
I completely understand what your saying. That's your races and those were the results and I feel the same way. It's the tools that think this is Law and that is the final outcome that are the problem. (not saying you're a tool)

Last edited by 99peweterls1; 11-21-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
but cory has beat 4 of them. and it wasn't all that close either? its ok for you guys to say you have beat cars and thats the way it should be. but cory beats them and its poorly driven or has a poor mechanic...
Did I say his races weren't valid? I have no control over any of those cars or variables. It's the people that think it's the inevitable outcome that are the problem.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Teching In

See.....there ya go saying a bolt on ls1 will beat me. How do you know? You dont. None have beat beat me yet. Not saying one wont. Just hasnt happened yet.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Launching!

See.....there ya go saying a bolt on ls1 will beat me. How do you know? You dont. None have beat beat me yet. Not saying one wont. Just hasnt happened yet.
I didn't say you, I said a bolt-on ls1 will beat a stock 5.0. It can happen, the possibility is there. The potential is there, understand?

Your friends cars don't run accordingly so what? You think everyones bolt-on 113-120+ bolt-on cars would loose 8mph coming to where you live? I don't think so lol
Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Teching In

I didn't say you, I said a bolt-on ls1 will beat a stock 5.0. It can happen, the possibility is there. The potential is there, understand?

Your friends cars don't run accordingly so what? You think everyones bolt-on 113-120+ bolt-on cars would loose 8mph coming to where you live? I don't think so lol
How do you know they dont run right? Have you ever raced them? Nope. Here ya go with more assumptions. You guys kill me with how you know it all. Once again for the 500th time here you go again with track times and trap speeds. We dont care.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Launching!

How do you know they dont run right? Have you ever raced them? Nope. Here ya go with more assumptions. You guys kill me with how you know it all. Once again for the 500th time here you go again with track times and trap speeds. We dont care.
Noo, once again here we go ignoring known facts and common knowledge because your town is "special".

I'll also ask you not to put words in my mouth as I never said the cars you ran don't run right.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Noo, once again here we go ignoring known facts and common knowledge because your town is "special".

I'll also ask you not to put words in my mouth as I never said the cars you ran don't run right.
You said my friends cars dont run accordingly, so what? That was your exzact sentence above. My reading comprehension has always been good and thats the way i took it. Sorry. And are town is obviously in special need of mechanics and drivers according to you guys.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Judging by Post #150 I say the 5.0 is most comparable to a gen 3 small block much less a 4 or upcoming 5.

Quick Reply: 02 Z06 vs 96 cobra