Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cocky Co-Worker gets smacked around at the track

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Some people just have no concept at all. People say: how fast is your car? I tell them it runs mid elevens on the motor. Then they say something like: My buddy used to have a 1970 GTO when we were in school. Now that was a fast car................

I just smile and nod my head waiting for the conversation to be over.
lol I hear ya man !

And it goes likewise when you meet someone that actually does know their ****, in which I'll find myself in a 1 hour + conversation before I know it. Oh the girlfriend gets pissed lol
Old 11-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Fast is when you break/over power your traction control and can put down like 50 ft of rubber on street tires...in 2nd

See.
I'm fast.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

HOLY ****!!! LOL.

This guy said you were slow and knows you run 10.7's?? LMAO!! Idiots!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Teching In

That was the best beat down of this year. Props OP, that car is fast.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ROFLMAO

Hey OP... I just wanna know... after you blew past, and made 1.21 jiggawatts, did you eventually run into the WRX owner's mom? Having gone back to the future and all?

Old 11-21-2012, 08:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Raped him
Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 PM
10 Second Club

You guys are pretty funny... lmao.

Let me see if I can answer some of these questions.

Originally Posted by turtle93
Lol what stock motor is in it
If you’re asking about my car, it’s a stock LS1. Never been opened up. Has the good ole piston slap and everything. If you’re asking about the WRX, beats me. Stock 4 cylinder with Turbo.

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
That 150 shot is working. What do you run off the bottle?
Car runs 12.2s off the bottle.

Originally Posted by Heater
LMAO!

You have a good looking 4th Gen OP
Thanks man. It’s been a work in progress over the past 7 years. Getting the stance and performance I’m been looking for. One of these days I might even add some power to the car. I actually have a 90/90 setup that’s been sitting in my garage for the past few months. I don’t think I’ve found my ‘limit’ on the current setup yet. I’ll probably keep at it until I get there, then move up in the power range.

Originally Posted by hugger1975
Both nice lookin cars though.
People just need to know their place on the ladder.
I would agree. It’s a very clean car. Well kept. Owner just needed to know where he falls on the food chain.

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Some people just have no concept at all. People say: how fast is your car? I tell them it runs mid elevens on the motor. Then they say something like: My buddy used to have a 1970 GTO when we were in school. Now that was a fast car................

I just smile and nod my head waiting for the conversation to be over.
That is one thing that drives me nuts. People just don’t understand. They interchange 9,10, and 11 second cars like it’s not that big of a difference. And EVERYONE has a buddy, cousin, co-worker, in-law, friend’s friend, neighbor, etc that has a 8 second car. Oddly enough, you never see these unicorns.

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
How old is this kid? Has to be his first turbo and/or awd car to be that cocky. If an F-Body (or any car for that matter) showed up at work with big and littles, I wouldn't take it lightly.

I got into a discussion (borderline argument) with a guy at work that had a drag Nova that ran low 6's in the 1/8th. He called my little "import POS" slow so I called him out to run a 1/4 mile against my Evo heads up and he danced around making every excuse possible.

At least you guys took it to the track and settled it rather than him talking **** then never racing.
He’s in his late 20’s.

I have nothing against imports. I respect all cars that actually go fast. Doesn’t matter to me how you do it. I’m not much of a talker. I just show up and like to race.

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
lol I hear ya man !

And it goes likewise when you meet someone that actually does know their ****, in which I'll find myself in a 1 hour + conversation before I know it. Oh the girlfriend gets pissed lol
Oh yes. Been there also. Time seems to fly when you talk to someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Even get to learn something new every now and again.

Originally Posted by Sommer86
HOLY ****!!! LOL.

This guy said you were slow and knows you run 10.7's?? LMAO!! Idiots!!!
He did not know what it ran. Just that it was a stock motor LS1 from 2001, has nitrous, and is RWD.

Originally Posted by Turbo2vGT
That was the best beat down of this year. Props OP, that car is fast.
Well, thank you Sir! Glad to appease you.

Originally Posted by odthetruth
ROFLMAO

Hey OP... I just wanna know... after you blew past, and made 1.21 jiggawatts, did you eventually run into the WRX owner's mom? Having gone back to the future and all?
I did stop by to have a ‘talking’ with her. lol
Old 11-21-2012, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

And as you all can imagine... what happened when we were both back to work??

I got the passing head nod while eyes stayed plastered to the floor.

Talking smack isn't my thing so I had no need to rub it in his face.... I just walked around to all his friends and showed them the videos. I allowed them to do all the smack talking needed. I didn't have to say a word. Mission accomplished.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

Here's the funny part. The majority of the debate was around AWD vs RWD and the application of traction.

I am no newb to the track. And I know my car very well. We were racing on a Thursday night Test n Tune night. Of which, the track prep is not the best. And, there are typically a lot of street cars there ripping up the little bit of prep that is completed. So, I already knew I was going to have to watch launching full tilt.

Very easy thing to do with nitrous cars. It's called a 'delay'. Amazing concept I know. All I did was change the MSD Window Switch activation pill. I put in a 4000 rpm pill. Therefore, I was actually just launching on motor (I was going 1.7 60' times compared to his 1.9 60' times). However, about the 50-60' mark is where my car hits 4000 rpm (I have a pretty tight nitrous converter that pulls the motor down). Go back and watch the first two videos. You can actually hear the car launch then slightly afterwards it gets a lot louder. Bingo! Nitrous activated.

I knew that I could leave off the line easy and still blow by him. I didn't want to launch on the spray and risk spinning. I still would have crushed him, but not to the extent shown in the video.

The next week I went on a Runday Sunday (well prepped track with big tire cars running) and went 1.45 60' and 10.79 @ 124. I put the 3100 pill back in and activated upon launch
Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01_ram-air
That is one thing that drives me nuts. People just don’t understand. They interchange 9,10, and 11 second cars like it’s not that big of a difference. And EVERYONE has a buddy, cousin, co-worker, in-law, friend’s friend, neighbor, etc that has a 8 second car. Oddly enough, you never see these unicorns.
The problem with this is that people don't know enough and then say that their car is 10 seconds, and then they tell other people... so whenever it gets mentioned in a conversation, they are like 'oh, my friend has a 10 second car too'.

I raced a '76 Camaro that was supposed to be a '10 second car' and just by looking at it, I knew it was a 15. Too many people just believe what they're told... even the owners of some of these cars.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Launching!

Hahaha what a beating! I was expecting you to walk him but damn you pulled like a freight train.

Strong running car, nice job.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I cant see the vid right now cause of my cell phone, but just by looking at the T/A drag setup, I know this will be good!

Makes me want to do a drag wheel setup...so badass!!!

Cant imagine all **** he got after you showed the vids hahhahaha

Nice thread OP!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man what's up with these subbie cat's? A dude that works with my brother has been calling me out for a while... I have a TT c6 and made 586rwhp 565rwtq @5psi with *** loads issues.. Issues fixed and now 11psi! .. Apparently the dude has an "upgraded" turbo kit claiming 600hp.. Has a street tune.. I'm sure his turbo kit is rated for 600hp with all supporting mods! But he just has the turbo kit Lmfao.. Will make a good video and easy 500$
Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

My god, I looked at the vid and that aint no bus lengths...train lengths!!! OUCH

Originally Posted by Imstock2
Man what's up with these subbie cat's? A dude that works with my brother has been calling me out for a while... I have a TT c6 and made 586rwhp 565rwtq @5psi with *** loads issues.. Issues fixed and now 11psi! .. Apparently the dude has an "upgraded" turbo kit claiming 600hp.. Has a street tune.. I'm sure his turbo kit is rated for 600hp with all supporting mods! But he just has the turbo kit Lmfao.. Will make a good video and easy 500$
I wanna see this!! ..I can hear all the excuses coming though; If I had bigger injectors, more PSI and a bigger fuel system, I'd win blah blah...still he would be 500$ short of his next mod
Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Imstock2
Man what's up with these subbie cat's?
It's all hype.

I can count the number of fast STI's i've seen on one hand.

A few years ago there was a 40R STI in my area. I know the owner of the shop that built it and he told me the guy dumped $25K in parts and labor into the build.

Saw the thing on the dyno about a year after the build was finished. 23psi it made 460whp. Eventually after another year of tweaking he hit 500whp.

Not saying they're all like that, but more often than not a subaru will not amaze you. My 30R car was making about the same hp street tuned back then, and since it has been sold to member "blackgasguzzler" it now makes over 500awhp on a mustang dyno. If i built anything 40R i can't imagine making less than 700whp.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

stupid ricers
Old 11-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Teching In

I couldn't see the videos inline in this thread from my computer, but I hunted them down on YouTube...well worth the hunt lmao. I'm surprised the guy didn't come out the next day and say "That's a full-blown race car" "Give me a real stock V-8 to run and I'll murder it", etc. lol
Old 11-22-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Nice runs OP. Sweet car, its sure hauls.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

SRK Gold! Excellent story, and thumbs up for letting the footage do the talking!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:46 PM
11 Second Club

Ouch!...

Quick Reply: Cocky Co-Worker gets smacked around at the track