Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Spotted automach's new project

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 04:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought an LS6 was a H/C/I LS1 built by GM not some redneck in his back yard, but what do i know I drive a mustang.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
Maybe Hiho could run this 324 mach ~3250lb raceweight 10:9:1 h/c/i
Where do you come up with your info? It certainly was not from the you tube description. Last I checked h/c/i was just that. You should've said fully built and no pass seat and who knows what else is out of it. I run my car complete and on a dr that can tread water.

Originally Posted by Heater
And then wait for more valves retort....
Not our problem ford built a pissy *** little motor. You have not heard me use that. It is what it is.

Originally Posted by adamantium
Seriously though bad way to get your point across. Built, stroked, bored, H/C/I weight reducted mach1 traping 2mph more than hios bolt on ls6 car.
Really....and after making fun of me for changing wheels to go drag racing he posts a car on a full slick.

Originally Posted by BottleMach
I thought an LS6 was a H/C/I LS1 built by GM not some redneck in his back yard, but what do i know I drive a mustang.
Not really. That would be like saying a 4v is a h/c/i 2v. They end up being separate motors.

What is up with this funky post I can't fix?

deleted the yt link to fix it.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 11-25-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

And then wait for more valves retort....
Annoying excuses on both sides. I've never used that
Old 11-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Banned

Seriously though bad way to get your point across. Built, stroked, bored, H/C/I weight reducted mach1 traping 2mph more than hios bolt on ls6 car.
Holy hell this car has less then half a point more compression then hihos car with a heavier weight and is almost a full sec faster lol You can play off that ls6 **** all you want but it is basically equivilent to a mild h/c/i ls1. My friends raptor cam, ported 853s, ls6 intake, maf, full exhaust car made the same numbers.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Where do you come up with your info? It certainly was not from the you tube description. Last I checked h/c/i was just that. You should've said fully built and no pass seat and who knows what else is out of it. I run my car complete and on a dr that can tread water.
From the ******* owner himself thats who. last I checked a 324 h/c/i mach is just that. It is heavier then your car regardless of how the weight was removed not everybody cuts up there car. Here comes the slick bs from you once again
Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

Holy hell this car has less then half a point more compression then hihos car with a heavier weight and is almost a full sec faster lol You can play off that ls6 **** all you want but it is basically equivilent to a mild h/c/i ls1. My friends raptor cam, ported 853s, ls6 intake, maf, full exhaust car made the same numbers.
A stock motor is a stock motor...mine is stock....no h/c about it other than what gm put on it.
From the ******* owner himself thats who. last I checked a 324 h/c/i mach is just that. It is heavier then your car regardless of how the weight was removed not everybody cuts up there car. Here comes the slick bs from you once again
Tell the owner to reassemble his car then....lol....run it in street trim to. You posted up the comparison, make it comparable. Hell I would hope almost any fully built v8 in a gutted car on slicks would out run a stock ls6. Your buddy had better results than the local 331 mach that went a 10.97 @ 124......is he sprayin his h/c/i with a built bottom that you neglected to say??....lmao. It seems you neglect lots of details.

One thing I have noticed is the weight of my car is a sore spot for alot of you mustang guys. What's wrong??? don't like it when someone removes the only advantage a mustang typically has.....lmao I've worked hard to get weight out of places most would'nt think twice about or ever even see just so I can keep ac, cruise, abs, insulation, seats, belts and other crap. That's w/o ever cutting on the chassis. I could get another 100lb out pretty easily if I wanted to sacrifice comfort/livability. I removed weight for overall performance, not drag strip performance. If I were that concerned about drag strip performance I woulda put the fab 9 in my car when bought it last spring.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A stock motor is a stock motor...mine is stock....no h/c about it other than what gm put on it.

Tell the owner to reassemble his car then....lol....run it in street trim to. You posted up the comparison, make it comparable. Hell I would hope almost any fully built v8 in a gutted car on slicks would out run a stock ls6. Your buddy had better results than the local 331 mach that went a 10.97 @ 124......is he sprayin his h/c/i with a built bottom that you neglected to say??....lmao. It seems you neglect lots of details.

One thing I have noticed is the weight of my car is a sore spot for alot of you mustang guys. What's wrong??? don't like it when someone removes the only advantage a mustang typically has.....lmao I've worked hard to get weight out of places most would'nt think twice about or ever even see just so I can keep ac, cruise, abs, insulation, seats, belts and other crap. That's w/o ever cutting on the chassis. I could get another 100lb out pretty easily if I wanted to sacrifice comfort/livability. I removed weight for overall performance, not drag strip performance. If I were that concerned about drag strip performance I woulda put the fab 9 in my car when bought it last spring.
I give you credit for leaving the 10 bolt in that long and trying to make it to the 10s on it. I wouldnt have had the patients for that. First time my 10 bolt breaks i order **** lol
Old 11-25-2012, 10:40 AM
10 Second Club

It's just to easy to put a big rear in rev the car to the moon and dump the clutch on a slick. You and I both know those cars usually don't perform as well on the street as they do the track. I like street performance.....but the 10blt has come to the end of it's life.....lol
Old 11-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Banned

You do not run your car in street trim either so whats the point. It is the same compression as a stock ls2 c6 lol the motor is far from a maxed out build. The car is heavier then yours. Is it that hard to understand? He also has a bottle in the back set up for a 200 plate but was not used. I did not neglect any details. Car made 502.

I understand you took the weight out diffrently but raceweight is raceweight regardless of how the weight was taken out. I do not car to hear your excuses on why your car is stuck in the 11s.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Annoying excuses on both sides. I've never used that

It is very annoying excuses on both sides, and I didn't say that you or Hio used them...but I can't be certain that Hio has never used it. He's used all kinds of crazy excuses
Old 11-25-2012, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

You do not run your car in street trim either so whats the point. It is the same compression as a stock ls2 c6 lol the motor is far from a maxed out build. The car is heavier then yours. Is it that hard to understand? He also has a bottle in the back set up for a 200 plate but was not used. I did not neglect any details. Car made 502.

I understand you took the weight out diffrently but raceweight is raceweight regardless of how the weight was taken out. I do not car to hear your excuses on why your car is stuck in the 11s.
I do run my car in street trim and sure it matters where the weight comes from. T disassemble it to run by removing seats/belts and who knows what else I could get another 75lb out easily for a day and put it back in but I don't. If want to compare them then compare then in both the same way.

Did the car make 502 on pump? Honestly 502 sounds like alot for a street friendly n/a mod motor at the compression you claim. Our old ALMS 5.0 mod motors made about 530-535 on a engine dyno but that was with 13.5 compression. It was on a restrictor but the restrictor was sized so it had little to no effect on the motor. it was just there for rules purposes.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Banned

I do run my car in street trim and sure it matters where the weight comes from. T disassemble it to run by removing seats/belts and who knows what else I could get another 75lb out easily for a day and put it back in but I don't. If want to compare them then compare then in both the same way.

Did the car make 502 on pump? Honestly 502 sounds like alot for a street friendly n/a mod motor at the compression you claim. Our old ALMS 5.0 mod motors made about 530-535 on a engine dyno but that was with 13.5 compression. It was on a restrictor but the restrictor was sized so it had little to no effect on the motor. it was just there for rules purposes.
You could do whatever you want if it is 75lbs lighter then so will your raceweight and that is all that matters. I could care less what you did to get there. You said numerous times that you drive around on the wheels in your avatar pic.

If a 302 13:5 comression motor only makes 530 flywheel then something is either wrong or it does not have the supporting mods to make real power.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

It is very annoying excuses on both sides, and I didn't say that you or Hio used them...but I can't be certain that Hio has never used it. He's used all kinds of crazy excuses
I don't use any "excuses" Heat. What I do is break things down to understand the differences. I have no control over Ford using more valves or Gm using a smaller lighter engine with more displacement.

It is what it is
Old 11-25-2012, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

You could do whatever you want if it is 75lbs lighter then so will your raceweight and that is all that matters. I could care less what you did to get there. You said numerous times that you drive around on the wheels in your avatar pic.

If a 302 13:5 comression motor only makes 530 flywheel then something is either wrong or it does not have the supporting mods to make real power.
It's a 4v 302 in a full on ALMS racecar. It has all supporting mods. Those things are turds. Don't confuse a endurance engine with a drag engine.

Are you gonna answer about the gas it was on?

And no you can't do whatever you want when you run a car in street trim. removing seats belts/addin slicks = no street trim

I have 3 sets of wheels. The wheels in my avatar are r-compund 18's, which I enjoy the most. I have a set of Bogarts that I acquired for $0 threw swappin tradin and my stock wheel that I use for winter/ road trips. This my only car and has to do it all. It's also my gas miser...lol

Last edited by HioSSilver; 11-25-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude wtf are you talking about? its a crate motor with bolt ons. The more you post the more apparent it is how retarded you are. So now an OEM motor is comparable to a H/C bolt on motor cause they made the same power? Jesus, you are an idiot. As far as compression who gives a **** its been bored and stroked, and has aftermarket cams, Head work, and an intake. That motor makes power completely different to a stock cube, bolt on mach1, you retard.

Last edited by adamantium; 11-25-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

removing seats belts/addin slicks = no street trim
Yes but by this argument my lt1 isn't a street car then.... I love having a race car!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Yes but by this argument my lt1 isn't a street car then.... I love having a race car!
Hey man...there are such things as race cars on the street I don't want one but to each there own. I do understand some guys remove their rear seats for good too. I try not to do anything to reduce the functionality of my car.

What I'm trying to get at with him is some guys go to the track in search of a # with their car gutted....get whatever # it is then put their car back together and want to tell you it runs the # when it is in pieces but they exclude the gutted part or slick part.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What I'm trying to get at with him is some guys go to the track in search of a # with their car gutted....get whatever # it is then put their car back together and want to tell you it runs the # when it is in pieces but they exclude the gutted part or slick part.
Oh i know how a lot of people are about the magic #. Difference for me is, when **** comes out, it stays out in my pos. So, my race weight never goes back up, only down. at this rate, one day there wont be anything other then a gas pedal and a crate to sit on.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Banned

It's a 4v 302 in a full on ALMS racecar. It has all supporting mods. Those things are turds. Don't confuse a endurance engine with a drag engine.

Are you gonna answer about the gas it was on?

And no you can't do whatever you want when you run a car in street trim. removing seats belts/addin slicks = no street trim

I have 3 sets of wheels. The wheels in my avatar are r-compund 18's, which I enjoy the most. I have a set of Bogarts that I acquired for $0 threw swappin tradin and my stock wheel that I use for winter/ road trips. This my only car and has to do it all. It's also my gas miser...lol
If it has all the supporting mods then there is no reason why It should not be making 500+ to the wheels at that compression. So yes those motors are turds. No clue on that gas and honestly could care less it is only 10:9:1 so a higher octane gas is not going to help much anyways. Street trim, racecar etc.. all those terms are opinions and nothing is set in stone. I know cars with slicks that drove it everyday 20mins to work and back. I could care less about your wheel situation the fact is you change wheels/tires for the track.

Dude wtf are you talking about? its a crate motor with bolt ons. The more you post the more apparent it is how retarded you are. So now an OEM motor is comparable to a H/C bolt on motor cause they made the same power? Jesus, you are an idiot. As far as compression who gives a **** its been bored and stroked, and has aftermarket cams, Head work, and an intake. That motor makes power completely different to a stock cube, bolt on mach1, you retard.
Dude wtf are you talking about it is a motor swaped, faceplated trans, 3000lb car, bigs n littles etc.. and you try to play it off as a simple bolton car and it is far from it. You need to run back to honda tech where motor swaps are ok because the stock motors can't get it done. Wtf does a stock motor mach have anything to do with this argument becasue hihos car is far from a stock engine car
Old 11-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude wtf are you talking about it is a motor swaped, faceplated trans, 3000lb car, bigs n littles etc.. and you try to play it off as a simple bolton car and it is far from it. You need to run back to honda tech where motor swaps are ok because the stock motors can't get it done. Wtf does a stock motor mach have anything to do with this argument becasue hihos car is far from a stock engine car
You retard you brought up the mach 1 in your previous statement towards me.

What in the actual ****. If hio's car isn't a bolt on car. I don't know what the **** it is then. Its a bolt on LS6 in a full interior f-body. I know you have some sort of learning disability but why is that so hard to understand?

Race weight aside it HAS all its original creature comforts, interior, a/c, p/s, power windows, mirrors and all that ****. There for its a bolt on ls6 swapped f-body with full interior and all creature comforts. THATS what it is. Your shitty response or argument was to post built up mach 1 that traps 2 mph more then hios bolt on ls6 car (which is what i said before.)

Quick Reply: Spotted automach's new project