Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

***VIDEO*** BMW E92 M3 (ESS VT-625) vs All-Motor Camaro SS (Mr. TORQ) [HD]

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill. I'm not fully surprised as I've seen the torque curve and peak torque numbers on those M3's. What surprised me on the run was he didn't have enough to pull up top. I bet if you shut down from something ridiculous like 200mph (lol) he would be ahead.

Its always good to see a 5th gen get built up to be legitimately fast.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick *** Camaro. I swear I thought it was going to get walked. I thought wrong
Old 11-29-2012, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

great video footage..nicely done..and finally another decent running SS
Old 11-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Bad ***!

1) Your car sounds sick
2) Thank you for setting up your car so it actually rolls out
3) I was surprised
4) E92 looked like sex.

That is all. More vids and races please!!!
Thanks. I was suprised about the outcome as well. Will post some pics of thatv M3 when I find it. More vids are yet to come!!

Originally Posted by QuickShift
I've been wanting to run one real bad, but haven't had the chance. An M6 was supposed to come out a few weeks back but never made it. Saw one local guy go 12.5 @ 115, but most average high 12s @ 115-116. My guess if it was a quarter mile race I'd have the edge. Roll on I'd probly jump out down low but then get reeled in. Unfortunately I don't think anythings going to take place till spring time now.
I believe it would be a good one tho. Make sure to get it on vid if you do

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Good kill. I'm not fully surprised as I've seen the torque curve and peak torque numbers on those M3's. What surprised me on the run was he didn't have enough to pull up top. I bet if you shut down from something ridiculous like 200mph (lol) he would be ahead.

Its always good to see a 5th gen get built up to be legitimately fast.
Yea, M cars dont have torque, at least not the M3's. I believe I can have him till the end of my 5th gear which tops like 180ish. I was expecting him to caught me when I put it in 4th however, since its my long-*** gear. But yea I believe he can also have me since my 6th is overdrive.

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Sick *** Camaro. I swear I thought it was going to get walked. I thought wrong
Yep, I thought wrong at first as well.

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
great video footage..nicely done..and finally another decent running SS
THX!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AWD75
Yea, M cars dont have torque, at least not the M3's. I believe I can have him till the end of my 5th gear which tops like 180ish. I was expecting him to caught me when I put it in 4th however, since its my long-*** gear. But yea I believe he can also have me since my 6th is overdrive.
Looking at the race, I think he has you earlier than that. The M cars have some REALLY long gears and are built for top speed racing. I would say he would probably pass you by at 150-160mph. My buddy's M3 tops out at 210mph and it has the 550hp (flywheel) version of this kit.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Looking at the race, I think he has you earlier than that. The M cars have some REALLY long gears and are built for top speed racing. I would say he would probably pass you by at 150-160mph. My buddy's M3 tops out at 210mph and it has the 550hp (flywheel) version of this kit.
Nope. I went upto 150ish mph(end of 4th gear) in the vid. The reason he started to reel me a little in the first race was, because I shifted so slow. I dont think that it can pass me until 180ish mph. Also, I would like to remind you that this M3 has DCT, which has no overdrive,double clutch, close-ratio, 7 speed transmission. As a result it has shorter gears than I do. However, if you are talking about 6 speed manual transmission M3's, then yes, their gears are long as well...
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Haha...got that right

Nothing worth posting. A supercharged 330i that we thought would be a good race, but there was a solid 6 or so mph difference between the cars. Also a supercharged 740i with meth that was having boost issues come race time so only got 5psi instead of 12. 5 wasn't enough, lol. I do love BMWs though, no disrespect.
lol, its cause your picking on the little I6's, and not the turbo ones
Old 11-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LostM
lol, its cause your picking on the little I6's, and not the turbo ones
I'm not the bully here...lol. Both of them wanted to race ME. I would love to run a turbo beamer as well. They seem to move better.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I'm not the bully here...lol. Both of them wanted to race ME. I would love to run a turbo beamer as well. They seem to move better.
The Turbo M3 I raced was slow getting started but started to shine above 140 and 160.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
The Turbo M3 I raced was slow getting started but started to shine above 140 and 160.
I havent raced with a turbo M3 (e46 or e9x) but from what I see, it seems like their top end are better then their low end acceleration.

I have a friend that is putting a HPF kit in his ultra light weight Z4M, but seems like he has some issues about tuning. When he finishes that car up, I will post some vids and get a better understanding of how turbo M3's pull...
Old 11-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Goood kill
Camaro sounded awesome
And :fap: to the m3, absolutely stunning looking car.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:21 AM
Teching In

dat downshift. gotta love all motor power.

the m3 looks like sex on wheels, holy hell.

an HPF Z4M would move the hell out, it's only around 32xx lbs.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Nope. I went upto 150ish mph(end of 4th gear) in the vid. The reason he started to reel me a little in the first race was, because I shifted so slow. I dont think that it can pass me until 180ish mph. Also, I would like to remind you that this M3 has DCT, which has no overdrive,double clutch, close-ratio, 7 speed transmission. As a result it has shorter gears than I do. However, if you are talking about 6 speed manual transmission M3's, then yes, their gears are long as well...
That M3 stopped your pull at the top of your 4th. Good kill. *If* you would have hit 5th, that M3 would have pulled you no problem. Your 5th gear is incredibly long. I'm not sure the feeling of a Camaro SS with your modifications but, an M3 would most definitely be in 5th gear getting ready for 6th and would be right in the meat of it's powerband. Every shift in the M3 lands it in the meat of the powerband, so by the time it's ready for the 5-6 shift the rpms will only drop but 2k rpm and he would start reeling you in very quickly. Whereas your car relies on that 5th gear to pull to 200+ mph the M3 relies on 6th or 7th depending on the transmission. M3's have very very impressive gearing whether in the 6 speed or 7 speed auto. The Auto just shifts a lot quicker and more accurate.

I know the crew of people you're talking about, we're all on the same forum. I'd like a shot at your GTO. We will be in touch.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

So are we suppose to run to infinite speeds now? That was a dumb post 350....or a butt hurt one.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

I still think it would reel you in at a lower speed than that. Either way at logical speeds I'm not too surprised of the win.

Oh and @ Hio come to Germany and you'll see that when we roll race here we roll race all the way to 200mph plus. I raced my buddy's M3 all the way to 205mph. Something you can't do in the states.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
So are we suppose to run to infinite speeds now? That was a dumb post 350....or a butt hurt one.
Butt hurt about what? I could give a **** less who won. Oh I am supposed to feel butt hurt because another M3 lost to a Camaro SS? No, I'm an enthusiast and can definitely appreciate all cars. This Camaro is fast. Quit posting dumb **** hio. Complain about how this was a roll race and not a dig.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Teching In

you sure about that final speed? whats 4th and 5th gear in your car go to?
Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by markmatthews
dat downshift. gotta love all motor power.

the m3 looks like sex on wheels, holy hell.

an HPF Z4M would move the hell out, it's only around 32xx lbs.
Yea, being NA is a lot of fun, but I cant stay NA all the time

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
That M3 stopped your pull at the top of your 4th. Good kill. *If* you would have hit 5th, that M3 would have pulled you no problem. Your 5th gear is incredibly long. I'm not sure the feeling of a Camaro SS with your modifications but, an M3 would most definitely be in 5th gear getting ready for 6th and would be right in the meat of it's powerband. Every shift in the M3 lands it in the meat of the powerband, so by the time it's ready for the 5-6 shift the rpms will only drop but 2k rpm and he would start reeling you in very quickly. Whereas your car relies on that 5th gear to pull to 200+ mph the M3 relies on 6th or 7th depending on the transmission. M3's have very very impressive gearing whether in the 6 speed or 7 speed auto. The Auto just shifts a lot quicker and more accurate.

I know the crew of people you're talking about, we're all on the same forum. I'd like a shot at your GTO. We will be in touch.
Well, I am not arguing that I can still pull him till 200+mph. But I believe I can have the M3 till the end of 5th gear, since my 5th is shorter than my 4th and top out at 190ish. But I am pretty sure that when I put it in 6th M3 would have a huge advantage.

I still think it would reel you in at a lower speed than that. Either way at logical speeds I'm not too surprised of the win.

Oh and @ Hio come to Germany and you'll see that when we roll race here we roll race all the way to 200mph plus. I raced my buddy's M3 all the way to 205mph. Something you can't do in the states.
Well, maybe next time... I would love to go 200mph during a pull, but when you have skinnies up front, things can get a little shaky, especially if your car is slo like mine.

Originally Posted by LostM
you sure about that final speed? whats 4th and 5th gear in your car go to?
4th top out at 160ish and 5th top out around 190ish. Hope this helps
Old 11-30-2012, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greta runs man I subscribed for more great runs..
Some gears on the car will make a huge differnece..
Old 11-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
Hey man I'm always down for a good race. Let me know! I'd still like to line up with the 740 again once he gets the bugs worked out as well and give him a fair shot.

Quick Reply: ***VIDEO*** BMW E92 M3 (ESS VT-625) vs All-Motor Camaro SS (Mr. TORQ) [HD]