Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Civic VS full bolt on E85 GTR

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the cars that are coming from up here are fast. Just dont get into roll racing. Im sure they'll be able to find something.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bloodykisses
I think the cars that are coming from up here are fast. Just dont get into roll racing. Im sure they'll be able to find something.

There are so many different types of cars you can say the local cars are fast but you never know, you might see some big dogs, even from a dig.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Teching In

8.30's at 165 from a truck that drives around on a 275 at 3600lbs is pretty good id say lol.

Theres like 5/8 cars coming from up here for sure. Ill be coming along but just mid 10's area. Maybe low if im lucky so ill be spectating id say.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adamantium
Yeah, the cars doing work for what it is. Its a 5xxwhp civic on street tires. Car with a nice DR and boost by gear would be hard to beat.

This GTR is full bolt ons / E85 went 10.3's @ 134, 570whp. My cars putting down probably around 500whp in 3rd from a 60 but its alot heavier then that car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzIry2f_Oq4
Old 12-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Adamantium, Thanks for posting the vid.

Just wanted to clear some things up. The run with the ZR1 was a 70 roll, so he wasn't spinning. We did try a 50 but he spun.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
This GTR is full bolt ons / E85 went 10.3's @ 134, 570whp. My cars putting down probably around 500whp in 3rd from a 60 but its alot heavier then that car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzIry2f_Oq4
Damn you were going through them gears super slow too lol.

Originally Posted by pdv25
Adamantium, Thanks for posting the vid.

Just wanted to clear some things up. The run with the ZR1 was a 70 roll, so he wasn't spinning. We did try a 50 but he spun.
Yeah had no idea what roll it was was just guessing, cause to me the ZR-1 runs like it should.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bloodykisses
8.30's at 165 from a truck that drives around on a 275 at 3600lbs is pretty good id say lol.

Theres like 5/8 cars coming from up here for sure. Ill be coming along but just mid 10's area. Maybe low if im lucky so ill be spectating id say.
I've seen 9/10 second cars eat up 8 second cars on the street from a dig.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Yeah theres a reason this thing has betrhook on the plates lol. Im sure there are A LOT higher trap speeds than 165 rolling around there but for some ol fashion dig runs im betting the truck would do pretty well.

Few 8 second jeeps going down as well. Coulple older turbo camaros. In excited just to see all the cars.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Damn you were going through them gears super slow too lol.
I know =(. Towards then end of the season my clutch was hating life. I could literally push the clutch too the floor at the top of 4th and the revs would hang there on high boost lol
Old 12-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I know =(. Towards then end of the season my clutch was hating life. I could literally push the clutch too the floor at the top of 4th and the revs would hang there on high boost lol
lol what clutch setup do you have atm? At that power i think a twin disc is your best option.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Teching In

lol what clutch setup do you have atm? At that power i think a twin disc is your best option.
An XTG6 ACT. Its held up but the pressure plate is probably 5-6 years old. Going to go with a Maxx extreme which is good to about 470trq or something which is more then enough to hit my goal of 600 or more. Should be a couple #'s more boost and some actual timing. Still on my 93 timing pretty much. Just need more injector right now
Old 12-02-2012, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Civic looks like ****. Impressive to take down the GTR regardless.
Oh yeah and a peace sign at those speeds is just retarded.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Ever come down to miami? Would be interesting to see how quite you are in person. Especially if thats all you own in your sig, and your mocking a car that has a good 20mph on you in the 1/4. Car is capable of making anything the fuel setup can handle. About twice as much as your car if the fuel setup was there.

Yeah, the cars doing work for what it is. Its a 5xxwhp civic on street tires. Car with a nice DR and boost by gear would be hard to beat.
lol.

im not mocking the car. im trolling you.

twice as much as a bolt on all motor car...well it sure as hell better. its not impressive at all really. its hard to impress me though. its kinda why all motor is what it takes to impress me.

take ANY motor with a block, head flow, and internals to handle 10-12k rpms, add as much boost as the fuel can handle... and you have a civic/ricer/whatever.

there is a reason class rules use inducer size and non modded compressor wheel for competition. the turbo is making all that civic's power, not some kind of well thought out, power making guru.

i highly doubt that car with a 61 can match my 76's power output on any chasis dyno. my last version made 507rwhp with fuel limited. im not really limited this time.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by assasinator
lol.

im not mocking the car. im trolling you.

twice as much as a bolt on all motor car...well it sure as hell better. its not impressive at all really. its hard to impress me though. its kinda why all motor is what it takes to impress me.

take ANY motor with a block, head flow, and internals to handle 10-12k rpms, add as much boost as the fuel can handle... and you have a civic/ricer/whatever.

there is a reason class rules use inducer size and non modded compressor wheel for competition. the turbo is making all that civic's power, not some kind of well thought out, power making guru.

i highly doubt that car with a 61 can match my 76's power output on any chasis dyno. my last version made 507rwhp with fuel limited. im not really limited this time.
Your a terrible troll. Do you even know what a troll is? Stating how you feel and then back pedal and claim trolling is not trolling.

All i hear is a bunch of excuses. Like i said this car probably traps a good 20mph on you. How can you even talk down to it or say its unimpressive? Strong logic.

Im a huge fan of all motor cars too but I give respect where its due.

This is the first time a civics ever outran that GTR. The crazy part was it was on street tires.

Whens the last time you beat a 10.1@ 136mph gtr from a roll?

We have all motor hondas in the 9s in a street chassis. Might not be as fast as most domestic but for what it is its impressive.

Quick Reply: Turbo Civic VS full bolt on E85 GTR