Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust

Never.

Ever.

Said GTO ran any mph.
LMFAO I have apologized 3 times now. Sorry again rofl
Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not you, just look up, both of those guys said the GTO trapped 114 when DIRECTLY above evan's post I clarified yet again I was talking about the other car.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Haters gonna Hate!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nah not really cam/exhaust LS is pretty much on par with an intake/muffler delete 5.0... I ran the same 5.0 in my cam/exhaust T/A before he had the intake and I pulled him ok. Also a cam/exhaust G8 in the far lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d30iPXDh0U8
LOL you call that about on par? What was that, like 2 car lengths you beat him by? Thats a solid 4+ mph difference at the strip. That GTO that ran the 5.0 was a turd and barely got a fender on it. I would hardly call your car and that GTO "on par" with each other. GTO just ran like ******* and/or needed driver mod.

Originally Posted by Heater
Haters gonna Hate!
Heaters gonna Heat!

LOL, sorry...I had to.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
When will people understand that while most GTs will run 110-111mph, and the very rare ones run 113-114.... that they are the same god damn car. So when racing on the roll.... you rule out any launch and 330ft errors that will hinder mph at the track. So if this GTO trapped 114.... and its side by side, actually being pulled by a very minor bolt on 5.0... why is that a shock? I just dont understand it. I swear some people think that there is a difference in a factory car. They all make the exact same hp. Theres only one difference.... DRIVER!
The car isn't stock, its dyno tuned, and intake. With better tires he could trap 116 I'm sure as well as a better track. This track really is horrible. You get more traction putting bubble gum on the street and launching. Also to many GT's have trapped 112-114 bone stock to say they are 110-111 trap cars stock. And that's with 1.8-1.9 60fts on stock rubber.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Tires and drivers play a huge roll when running at the track. Are you really that ******* stupid.

My car, hiho, yours and many others will run totally different times and traps at the track with BS 235 tires then DR's or slicks.
Sooo, everything plays a role at the track?? Didnt know that, thank you for the free lesson ..Saying it shoulda run better with this and that, it is just excuses. Yeah, my car would run better too with better gear/slick/pro driver mod. So **** off with your ricer excuses.

Youre so hyped up on this coyote engine that you're always trolling around this section to watch if all the 5.0 threads are up to your standards, then you keep taking time to explain to everyone how the numbers or outcome dont add up. Then you throw your usual BS hyped up numbers and how every 5.0 shoulda/coulda/woulda run 9 flat with tires/tune. Seriously, are you ever going to get over it???? Are you paid by Ford to come up with a defense for all the 5.0 losing or not running to your liking??? I hope so cause you're really taking this seriously. You proved your Ford 5.0 fanboism again and again.

At least we dont see your BS in all threads that do not involve 5.0 Mustangs. THANK GOD!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He went 114 at a shitty track, pay attention to the thread or at least the first post. Pertinent information exists. And by he, I mean the 5.0, don't want to confuse anyone else with clear as day information.
I never said the gto trapped 114? I said that if a gto that weighs roughly the same as a 5.0 with 30 more rwhp and tq barely keeps up with a 5.0 theres a problem. Provided both are good drives, in this case either the gto sounds like he was out driven terribly and his cars a turd.

cant let the trap speed dictate the car on the roll. My buddies cammed ls2 full bolt on gto (basically everything except heads) but with a stock drivetrain/wheel/tire... trapped 115-116. But its rolls pretty hard on the highway. He will pull a car that traps the same as his does efficiently... the same mine would do to a car that does 117.
that may be the case but we're not talking about a gto that should be a close race with minor bolt on 5.0. as stated before the gto weighs roughly the same and makes more power. gearing does play a role but no 2 ways about it a properly running cammed ls2 got should have no issue with any light bolt on 5.0. I swear stockish 5.0s's get faster by the thread soon they'll be a drivers race with an ls3 c6.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redbird555
I never said the gto trapped 114? I said that if a gto that weighs roughly the same as a 5.0 with 30 more rwhp and tq barely keeps up with a 5.0 theres a problem. Provided both are good drives, in this case either the gto sounds like he was out driven terribly and his cars a turd.

that may be the case but we're not talking about a gto that should be a close race with minor bolt on 5.0. as stated before the gto weighs roughly the same and makes more power. gearing does play a role but no 2 ways about it a properly running cammed ls2 got should have no issue with any light bolt on 5.0. I swear stockish 5.0s's get faster by the thread soon they'll be a drivers race with an ls3 c6.
I had a H/C GTO that went 11.4 at 120 on street tires. I have a very minor bolt on boss 302 now. They are just as fast on the highway. Ive owned both cars to know what they are capable of.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Evan how do you think the setup in my sig would run against a stockish C6Z? Ill be running hoosiers full time
Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Evan how do you think the setup in my sig would run against a stockish C6Z? Ill be running hoosiers full time
any dyno numbers? and what dyno? weight? where is the weight pulled from? Whats it rev? What headers?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Sooo, everything plays a role at the track?? Didnt know that, thank you for the free lesson ..Saying it shoulda run better with this and that, it is just excuses. Yeah, my car would run better too with better gear/slick/pro driver mod. So **** off with your ricer excuses.

Youre so hyped up on this coyote engine that you're always trolling around this section to watch if all the 5.0 threads are up to your standards, then you keep taking time to explain to everyone how the numbers or outcome dont add up. Then you throw your usual BS hyped up numbers and how every 5.0 shoulda/coulda/woulda run 9 flat with tires/tune. Seriously, are you ever going to get over it???? Are you paid by Ford to come up with a defense for all the 5.0 losing or not running to your liking??? I hope so cause you're really taking this seriously. You proved your Ford 5.0 fanboism again and again.

At least we dont see your BS in all threads that do not involve 5.0 Mustangs. THANK GOD!
Funny I didn't day gears, pro driver etc. I said this car. Which I guess you can understand a car would simple run better with a tire a lone.

I just post facts. Sorry it but hurts you so bad. I guess having that fbody with all that work getting out ran by bolt on 5.0's has made you go crazy.

How about you post some more kill story's of beating stuff out your league so we all get some more laughs. Or tell us how the last owner ran the car to a certain time so that means you will too
Old 12-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that 5.0 and dirver is okay at best. And taking it 7500 is pointless cause he don't have the boss intake. So 7200 at most is where he needs to shift. And he has a roush intake which is completly worthless. Also he didn't make 418wtq.

Also at the track he was on stock tires. Not DR's but stock street tires.
Also told civic was doing like 80mph before you two even took off from a few people.
The excuses are crazy...

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Thats a nice bunch of excuses.
LMAO

Looked pretty even.
GTO pulled up top.

Fun fact, there's a local kid with an '11 5.0, 3.73's, 6MT, intake, CB/Mufflers, Intake, Boss Manifold, and a tune that's supposed to run door to door with his brother's 117 trap SN Cobra... not bad. Would look into buying one, but their shitty *** transmissions will make me wait until the 2015 redesign.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a H/C GTO that went 11.4 at 120 on street tires. I have a very minor bolt on boss 302 now. They are just as fast on the highway. Ive owned both cars to know what they are capable of.
comparing your H/C gto to your lightened and modded boss is completely different from comparing a bolt on gto with a cam to VERY lightly modded gt. I'll stick with every one else on here and say that gto was running like ***. if the gt had full exhaust, tune and intake then i'd have no problem believing it.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

any dyno numbers? and what dyno? weight? where is the weight pulled from? Whats it rev? What headers?
No dyno numbers yet, engine is still on the stand awaiting head studs lol. If shooting for 11-1 compression, hoping to break 500rwhp. All the components are there. Big *** cam, custom specd to this setup by Ed Curtis, ported intake/cnc'd raised runner heads etc. Engine is completly fresh. Hasnt been fired. Car should weigh roughly 3,400-3,500 WITH my 200lb *** in it. Running a lightweight ring/pinion/breaks etc
. Saved weight as much as possible on rotating mass. 4:10 gears and the suspension is basically setup mimicing a built f body torque arm setup. But lighter lol. Battery in trunk, etc.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

No dyno numbers yet, engine is still on the stand awaiting head studs lol. If shooting for 11-1 compression, hoping to break 500rwhp. All the components are there. Big *** cam, custom specd to this setup by Ed Curtis, ported intake/cnc'd raised runner heads etc. Engine is completly fresh. Hasnt been fired. Car should weigh roughly 3,400-3,500 WITH my 200lb *** in it. Running a lightweight ring/pinion/breaks etc
. Saved weight as much as possible on rotating mass. 4:10 gears and the suspension is basically setup mimicing a built f body torque arm setup. But lighter lol. Battery in trunk, etc.
personally... if you make that number... and i weighs that... with that drivetrain setup...i dont see you having an issue at all with a stock c6 z06
Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Kind of what i was thinking. I know there some nasty SOB's. May top it off with a 100 shot and lay waste around here lol
Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Kind of what i was thinking. I know there some nasty SOB's. May top it off with a 100 shot and lay waste around here lol
Yea they are def strong cars. 100 shot would just be being a bully to a stock z06 lol
Old 12-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

personally... if you make that number... and i weighs that... with that drivetrain setup...i dont see you having an issue at all with a stock c6 z06
Agreed whole heartedly. If my setup can slow pull on C6 Z06's at 4,000lbs race weight (I really gotta start dieting) with around 500rwhp then you should be easily walking them. Don't know about them gears though: pretty steep for the street with 500rwhp.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

The only reason I went with them is because ill be right at the top of 4th thrue the traps. Going to have to ALWAYS run grade A tires for sure lol
Old 12-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

The only reason I went with them is because ill be right at the top of 4th thrue the traps. Going to have to ALWAYS run grade A tires for sure lol
If you here a popping noise when you slam 3rd don't fret. It's just your sphincter temporarily losing vacuum on your seat.

Quick Reply: '13 5.0 Mustang vs Cam/Exhaust LS2 GTO