Bolt on Mach 1 vs bolt on LS1 from a roll

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 01:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
What are your bigger fish to fry?

Sucks when guys become discouraged on their toys
if u must know. have to get this divorce sorted, house refinanced, and spend every minute of my free time with my 5 yr old daughter as I will not get the opportunity much longer.

not discouraged, just got more important things to deal with. none of which are cheap.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s346k
if u must know. have to get this divorce sorted, house refinanced, and spend every minute of my free time with my 5 yr old daughter as I will not get the opportunity much longer.

not discouraged, just got more important things to deal with. none of which are cheap.
Ohh, now I feel like a total *** hole for asking.

Wish you the best of luck with all of that and hopefully it pans out with the cards in your favor
Old 12-05-2012, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
a Lid only f-body is enough to handle 90% of the **** pales down here on the weekends anyways.

Except for N/A Hondas.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Except for N/A K series Hondas that weigh 2000lbs. *fixed*
Old 12-05-2012, 03:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Ohh, now I feel like a total *** hole for asking.

Wish you the best of luck with all of that and hopefully it pans out with the cards in your favor
its cool. the divorce is going as well as possible. once I'm out of that I can get into cars again like I want to be. I took the family life road years ago and miss the **** out of the car scene. my daughter is amazing and is happy to do whatever.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just because I can...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-99-cobra.html

Soon i won't be able to find a Mustang that will run me around here. LOL
Old 12-07-2012, 05:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BottleMach
I'm not sure why I have zero posts, my guess is because I'm using my phone. As for the times and hp, they were my most recent outings. Goodyear all weather tires hurt my 60ft and those times were with exhaust and tune. I'm not sure why it stopped making power at 4700 rpm I mean I should get at least 50 more hp by reving past redline!

And maybe I should be more clear. I've never been pulled by ANY car in my 5000lbs n/a 2v. But in full disclosure I'll admit it has a few aftetmarket upgrades, red, blue and white blinky lights, equipped with an assault rife, shotgun and a radio with a 24 mile radius... NOTHING gets away from me! Lol J/K guys but seriously street racing is dangerous ... Don't do it, now carry on.
You have never had anyone run?

We run on almost a weekly basis, yet to be caught.

Will one of us some day? Unlikely honestl, myself alone it has been over 25 times.

If you are smart about where you race/how you scout it/etc... It is nearly impossible to get caught. The interstate we run on has a few hills and curves every so often and has turn offs/back roads about every 1.5 miles. We're doing 100+ WOT if we pass a cop going the OPPOSITE direction as we are at a minimum 60+mph.
He has to stop, turn around, then pick up speed... We're doing 140+ for 15-20 seconds, slow down, turn off, head back to town.

We always scout first, don't race with cars behind us, and do it where there is a hill close to where we would be hitting the brakes so they can't see us from a distance (giving them time to give chase).

Street racing is dangerous however, I do agree there... So is running, more so than racing. I don't understand why so many cops will give chase when A. it is obvious they aren't going to catch the car and B. it is extremely dangerous.

Last edited by lemons12; 12-07-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can out run the cop but not the radio. If they really wanted to get somone they would most of the time scares people off
Old 12-07-2012, 05:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
You can out run the cop but not the radio. If they really wanted to get somone they would most of the time scares people off
So 25+ times and not once did they use the radio or want to catch us?

I highly, highly, doubt that.

Take bone stock cars and add several hundred # of equipment, you have an extremely slow car.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not sure on your situation but if it was you or another car racing and they happen to pursuit most likely you not getting away but 50+ cars is hard to get every single one of you. My dad's a cop so I hear the stories on the other side as well.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not sure on your situation but if it was you or another car racing and they happen to pursuit most likely you not getting away but 50+ cars is hard to get every single one of you. My dad's a cop so I hear the stories on the other side as well.
It is usually 2-5 cars at the very most... Only two cars racing at a time so only 2 cars would need to run. There have been times where we are speeding excessively (85+) though with 3-5 of us and we have all decided to run.

They have happen to pursue me, 25+times to be more precise (that is literal, not stretching the truth) and I have never been caught, not even a close call.

Cop cars are slow... The radio means nothing if I have made 2-3 turns onto other roads (out of his site) by the time he has even gave his location. Double that with a car that is twice as fast as your normal cruiser, they don't have much of a chance.

I have ran in places that I know the back of my hand... Places I have never been before... Back country roads, the interstate, 4 lanes (usually it is the 4 lane we race on)... If they didn't see my plate and there is no question I'm getting busted hard for something, it isn't worth it to stop. I am smart about it however. I have stopped before if it is congested (which I usually am not doing anything worth getting pulled over anyway) and roads slightly damp.

It is extremely easy.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 436 Likes on 343 Posts

I have ran a few times too. I pulled in someones driveway once because it was as wide as a road thinking run down this road. I watched the cruiser fly by then pulled out and went the opposite way...lmao
Old 12-07-2012, 08:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

50+ cars? You must live near a city... collectively the surrounding counties could produce 12 here if they were running full shifts. Both counties I work with have 2 to 3 units on per night... local towns may have 1 but most have county protection agreements. I would say including ISP on any given night you have 6 cars in a a 30 mile range. That's not to mention 99% have no pursuit policies in place on non felony stops... even if a local officer gives chase he gets no backup from county. I would never run or screw around much since my car is pretty easy to spot and I'm on first name basis with a lot of the guys who patrol but its pretty thin coverage in an area like mine.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
It is usually 2-5 cars at the very most... Only two cars racing at a time so only 2 cars would need to run. There have been times where we are speeding excessively (85+) though with 3-5 of us and we have all decided to run.

They have happen to pursue me, 25+times to be more precise (that is literal, not stretching the truth) and I have never been caught, not even a close call.

Cop cars are slow... The radio means nothing if I have made 2-3 turns onto other roads (out of his site) by the time he has even gave his location. Double that with a car that is twice as fast as your normal cruiser, they don't have much of a chance.

I have ran in places that I know the back of my hand... Places I have never been before... Back country roads, the interstate, 4 lanes (usually it is the 4 lane we race on)... If they didn't see my plate and there is no question I'm getting busted hard for something, it isn't worth it to stop. I am smart about it however. I have stopped before if it is congested (which I usually am not doing anything worth getting pulled over anyway) and roads slightly damp.

It is extremely easy.
Ok lemons, whatever you say buddy.
I'll just keep picking up the pieces of you and your car after you crash. I'll be the one knocking on your mom's door at 0'dark 30 asking her to identify your body at the morgue, and chances are I'll be the one working a 20 hr shift investigating how the crash occurred meanwhile my family wonders when or if their husband / father / son will come home. But hey you had 30sec of fun and that's all that matters right?
It's fun to have fun but be smart and stay safe.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
Except for N/A K series Hondas that weigh 2000lbs. *fixed*
Pretty much, even the full interior ones. The gutted ones are 110+ mph cars. Fastest one atm goes 7.9 at 91 mph with a 1.7 60 foot. He just added cams so i wonder what itll go.

Originally Posted by WSsick
Except for N/A Hondas.
Do you even own a car?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Were in the srk section...

I am smart about it and Im as safe as you can be street racing. However, I do street race and I do run if the blue lights are spotted.
If the consequences weren't so harsh, Id probably stop more often.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Were in the srk section...

I am smart about it and Im as safe as you can be street racing. However, I do street race and I do run if the blue lights are spotted.
If the consequences weren't so harsh, Id probably stop more often.
The penalties for fleeing from Police are much more severe. Regardless, I was trying to be funny with my original post about people running. But since you know everything and have it all figured out I'll reserve my safe driving lecture, I just hope you don't become another statistic. Anyway if you ever get to PA we'll grab a beer and swap stories, take care.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Street racing..yea..most of us take part in it..but running from a cop...that not be me. I know I am doing something illegal if I street race and I will accept my punishment, if caught.
I already had lost my license when I was in my 20's for multiple speeding tickets and the last one being a racing ticket. I still did not run eventhough I knew my license was going to be suspended.

Last edited by MACHXLR8; 12-07-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BottleMach
The penalties for fleeing from Police are much more severe. Regardless, I was trying to be funny with my original post about people running. But since you know everything and have it all figured out I'll reserve my safe driving lecture, I just hope you don't become another statistic. Anyway if you ever get to PA we'll grab a beer and swap stories, take care.
I'll take you up on the beer.

This isn't the first time I have gave you **** in SRK although it has been a couple years since we last swapped posts. You always take it jokingly and it is a good time. I enjoy it.

If I get caught, the penalties will be stiff. If I wreck, it may be the end. I know the consequences, I have seen both (penalties and wrecks) first hand.. Almost had a friend die in my arms after being ejected out the front windshield at 80mph because he didn't know a turn was coming up during the race. I was following and I was the only one that stopped to help, I could have cared less about the consequences a life was at stake. I have also seen license pulled and 3,500$ worth of fines/etc.
With that said... If i pass one at 100+ WOT going the opposite way, if it is safe enough to race... It is safe enough to run!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I have seen some guys running through Hioslow's back yard running from the cops...

Quick Reply: Bolt on Mach 1 vs bolt on LS1 from a roll