Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

zr1 vs nissant gtr

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013 | 10:29 AM
On The Tree

good save, and nice rides. I would love to see the ZR1 with better tires and some E85 to see what it would do then.
Old 01-19-2013 | 02:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mookie
Something isnt right here, GTR isnt beating a ZR1 from a roll like that, shoulda been other way around
GT-R made more power and on E85 likely had a fatter torque curve. Plus with the GT-Rs faster shifting and slightly better aero also help....it dosnt need that much more power to out accelerate a ZR-1.
Old 01-19-2013 | 03:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
GT-R made more power and on E85 likely had a fatter torque curve. Plus with the GT-Rs faster shifting and slightly better aero also help....it dosnt need that much more power to out accelerate a ZR-1.
He's probably thinking about that video with the Red ZR-1 beating a GTR that made more power, and the GTR guys were saying that it the numbers on the GTR were fraudulent.
Old 01-22-2013 | 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sw07gt
When in doubt throttle out.
just lifting will snap you around. you gotta drive it out or loop it and floor it. take your medicine.

a few close call have forced me to stop this foolishness. been offroading at 130. folks switch lanes for no reason. with no cars around.
Old 01-23-2013 | 12:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FirebirdTransAm
The driver of the ZR1 should have known he was spinning significantly and shouldn't have shifted the car into third like that. He has no feel for the car and shouldn't have shifted when the car was killing the tires already. I don't think he was ready to drive that car and is lucky he didn't crash it. Don't blame the tires, that was some stupid **** right there.
I somewhat agree here... When it started breaking loose in 2nd the last thing you wanna do is smash 3rd gear while you are already spinning in 2nd. He did do a good job recovering thank God but not being to familiar with the car was the main culprit here.

Last edited by gkzr1; 01-24-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2013 | 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pdv25
Thank you, very well said..

Just a little a background on me. I've had 3 zo6's and many fast mustangs and have had may share of going sideways through out the years. I wouldn't of taken the chance of racing my friends car, if I didn't have a little confidence in my self.
Mad props to you correcting your buddies car! That was a Helluva save! Nice GTR also!
Old 01-29-2013 | 07:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Mad props to you correcting your buddies car! That was a Helluva save! Nice GTR also!
Thanks!! bud!
Old 02-01-2013 | 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

you did a great job saving the vehicle from hitting the wall... many people may talk about what to do or how to do it but you cant understand how hard that is unless you are the one doing it.

Quick Reply: zr1 vs nissant gtr