Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Spray'd G8s KB Cobras Nasty C6Z Video!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can a mod motor even run without forced induction?

Some of the funniest races ever, where when we were in my roomates STOOOCK, bone ******* stock LS1 auto camaro....against a BLOWN 4.6,.... funniest **** ever the look on buddy on the mustangs face. Totally WALKED. Anyways,...lets get back on topic.

Chevy being better then Ford.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
You quoted me from another thread. So in all honesty you are the one who is a reatard and is obvousily butthurt for going out of your way to quote me from another thread
Your retarded quote fit well in this thread. **retard.

I actually think its lolsy as hell, no where near butt hurt LMFAO, you always make your self look like an idiot some way or another.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
you always make your self look like an idiot some way or another.
That he does
Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

I guess just a matter of opinion: I don't consider a LSx a SBC, nor do I consider a mod motor a SBF.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
SBC gen III/IV yes. It does. Plz enlighten us with how the LSX isn't a small block Chevy.. Face it and take your ford bible else where to preach about. They are all fast cars. Chevy gets it done.
Lsx and sbc are not the same. That's like me saying sbf=modular because they are both small blocks
Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

Some of the funniest races ever, where when we were in my roomates STOOOCK, bone ******* stock LS1 auto camaro....against a BLOWN 4.6,.... funniest **** ever the look on buddy on the mustangs face. Totally WALKED. Anyways,...lets get back on topic.

Nope they just go 9s with the 4.6 and even faster with the 5.4 n/a. So nothing fast like chevy.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:04 AM
Banned

Your retarded quote fit well in this thread. **retard.

I actually think its lolsy as hell, no where near butt hurt LMFAO, you always make your self look like an idiot some way or another.
Sure buddy
Old 01-26-2013, 12:34 AM
10 Second Club

Lsx and sbc are not the same. That's like me saying sbf=modular because they are both small blocks

Yeah... Uhhh... See Your MOD MOTOR and a SBF dont even share the same valve train anatomy nor do they share bore spacing, cam IN BLOCK, or Angle to stroke in block architecture!!!

Now as for LSX to SBC = Both are built on a 4.4" Bore spacing, both 16 valve, CAM-IN-Block, 90* V8's, HELL they even share Aftermarket connecting rods with most manufactures (PROBE, Callies Compstar, Eagle etc..)!!

So I guess GM jacked up by calling the LSX the Gen III/IV SBC because of what reason again?????

I find it funny your too dense to admit it..

So ill RE WRITE THIS FOR YA....

SBC N/A > MOD MOTOR N/A

SBC Nitrous > MOD MOTOR Nitrous

SBC BOOST > MOD MOTOR Boost
Old 01-26-2013, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nope they just go 9s with the 4.6 and even faster with the 5.4 n/a. So nothing fast like chevy.

AtomicFusion-IRS GM product...

6.91@221
6.92@221
6.82@223
6.89@221

Don't be upset, more people make big power, and are swapping LS anything's and going faster then the average mod motor high dollar build. Why don't you step away from the street race section for a minute, and spend some time in the FORCED INDUCTION section on ths board? You FORD loyal dudes, may not be so please with results over there.

FWIW....I own a mustang, and I have owned a few,..Cobra included. I blew up 6 of your special MOD motors,...so, I am speaking from some sort of ford backround. ..not out of my *** like you may ..or may not be doing. In the end,..who cares,...in the real street racing world,..the Corvette platform, can typically get away with LESS power, to keep up with ANY mustang,..especially the SN95's and later. I have raced MANY MANY MORE POWERFUL mustangs,...and I have beaten them...I have also had a loss or two to mustangs...typically due to some stupid ******* failure in my car but, a loss is a loss.

Whatever power your car makes,..go find a vette with the same power,...tell me how it works out for you.

Don't be upset one platform starts off like as a champion,.....a ******* world class sports car....and your getting upset, your pony car isn't up to it's standard. It isn't supposed to,...so props to you dudes that build your fords to a higher/faster level... but if your gonna bitch or hate about a Z06,....your ******* blind. Go buy a ford GT,..and be on equal starting ground.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

Only with their starter motor engaged
Originally Posted by Heater
I guess just a matter of opinion: I don't consider a LSx a SBC, nor do I consider a mod motor a SBF.
For both of you....yes the ls is a sbc. I don't know about the newest GMPP catalogs but the old ones had sbc beside the ls part #'s. Hence why we are now on genV sbc stuff. It they weren't similar enough then they woulda been called something else. I used to argue this with my Pontiac friends that did not want to think they had a iteration of a sbc in their car. Arguement was over when I showed them the catalog.
Really.....you know your talkin cam only territory there for ls stuff and bolt-on territory for ls7's.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
Yeah... Uhhh... See Your MOD MOTOR and a SBF dont even share the same valve train anatomy nor do they share bore spacing, cam IN BLOCK, or Angle to stroke in block architecture!!!

Now as for LSX to SBC = Both are built on a 4.4" Bore spacing, both 16 valve, CAM-IN-Block, 90* V8's, HELL they even share Aftermarket connecting rods with most manufactures (PROBE, Callies Compstar, Eagle etc..)!!

So I guess GM jacked up by calling the LSX the Gen III/IV SBC because of what reason again?????

I find it funny your too dense to admit it..

So ill RE WRITE THIS FOR YA....

SBC N/A > MOD MOTOR N/A

SBC Nitrous > MOD MOTOR Nitrous

SBC BOOST > MOD MOTOR Boost
Bottom line is Blown mod motor > lsx anything. I don't blame you for using a sbc to help your argument sad part is it want be long before the 4.6 4v > sbc and lsx.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Only with their starter motor engaged

Really.....you know your talkin cam only territory there for ls stuff and bolt-on territory for ls7's.
No 4.6 has been mid too low 9s. 5.4 has been 8s. Bolton 5.0 has been faster then a bolton 7.0 need I say more?
Old 01-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Banned

No 4.6 has been mid too low 9s. 5.4 has been 8s. Bolton 5.0 has been faster then a bolton 7.0 need I say more?
Sams LSx has gone 8.1s at 170.

Hondas have gone 9s with 2.7l and 8s with same liters in a tube chassis, your argument is invalid.

Last edited by adamantium; 01-26-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Money will make anything go fast. LSX is a better platform to start with than a mod motor, etc. Shouldn't you be on SVTP talking about why the '13 GT500 can't pull a stock '06+ Z06?
Old 01-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Banned

Can't fix stupid.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Banned

Can't fix stupid.
Your doctor tells you that alot huh?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

No it has'nt. The ls7 that went 9's drove to and from the track. There is a article on it in the new GMHT. Read it...educate yourself. The car has QA1's on the back and the front sway removed. Those are the only chassis mod. A similar 5.0 would not get near 9's. Not to mention that cars 138mph trap speed.
lol...
Old 01-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
No it has'nt. The ls7 that went 9's drove to and from the track. There is a article on it in the new GMHT. Read it...educate yourself. The car has QA1's on the back and the front sway removed. Those are the only chassis mod. A similar 5.0 would not get near 9's. Not to mention that cars 138mph trap speed.

lol...
Last I checked 9.96>9.97
Old 01-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Banned

You where the first to reply go figure
Old 01-26-2013, 07:59 PM
9 Second Club

Great video!

Quick Reply: Spray'd G8s KB Cobras Nasty C6Z Video!