Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Camaro SS vs Trans Am WS6 - ls6 cam

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is as true today as it was back in 1988 when this video was first recorded with a calculator watch.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
this is as true today as it was back in 1988 when this video was first recorded with a calculator watch.
hey now! ill have you know that it was a 300 dollar sony handycam DV/hi8 tape camera that i bought in 2005? The camera takes pretty good video but when the vid was made it was greatly compressed down. Even found out with my girlfriend back in the day that the night vision could see through certain clothing... lol

btw by the time i found out it can record in widescreen i havnt had a chance to use it since.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by nwforever
Only tuning on the car was a mail order to adjust shift points and idle. Either way car went 110mph with stock manifolds and a catback. Long tubes were added along with a 2.5" H pipe exhaust with flowmaster 1 chambers. Car was slower. Figured if i was going to get a tune i was going to throw in a bigger cam. Went with the F13 from Futral (bottom of sig) so between a major exhaust upgrade and a much bigger cam with tuning i only gained 3mph.

And ive had 2 different Fuddle converters. didnt like either one for the track, mid to high 1.7s all day no spinning. and my last one was costing me efficiency on the top end. I went Yank and am very happy.
My car ran pretty good on stock manifolds but after adding LT's it's sluggish on stock tune with that cam. It sounds like you had something else going on though if you had a bigger cam and were only hitting 113... high DA?

Quick Reply: Camaro SS vs Trans Am WS6 - ls6 cam