Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock SRT8 vs Stock Trailblazer SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's okay to be mad that your TBSS can't compete with similarly modded SRT8 Jeeps. Maybe you shouldn't have spent all of your inheritance on that GTR then you would have had enough to buy the superior SRT8 instead of settling for the trailblazer.

If I wanted to drive an overpriced maxima, I could. But I don't like them. Can your ego handle that?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

That's crazy. All these claims of 14 second TBSS. I would sell my ****. I think the SLOWEST pass I have ever made in my truck is a 13.8. I have even ran a best of 13.6 with just the catback and have ran a couple 13.3s with a catback and LS1 e-fans
Old 02-15-2013, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SMOKNSS
That's crazy. All these claims of 14 second TBSS. I would sell my ****. I think the SLOWEST pass I have ever made in my truck is a 13.8. I have even ran a best of 13.6 with just the catback and have ran a couple 13.3s with a catback and LS1 e-fans
Nice timeslip man. 2wd or awd?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jay z28
It's okay to be mad that your TBSS can't compete with similarly modded SRT8 Jeeps. Maybe you shouldn't have spent all of your inheritance on that GTR then you would have had enough to buy the superior SRT8 instead of settling for the trailblazer.

If I wanted to drive an overpriced maxima, I could. But I don't like them. Can your ego handle that?
I know it's ok to be mad, but I'm not. The argument of comparing a modded vehicle to another modded vehicle isnt worth the time --- too many variables. The only comparison worth anything is stock vs stock. The srt8 jeep is faster stock for stock, I'm not arguing that. The only reason i participated in this thread is because of you. Your thoughts and writing intrigue me. I'm glad you know through your personal experience what my trailblazer can or can't do. I'm also surprised to find out that the only way someone can afford a GTR is with inheritence money. I guess all Bugatti owners won the powerball or are professional athletes....
Old 02-15-2013, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

Nice timeslip man. 2wd or awd?
Thanks! Mine is 2WD. Most of the TBSS around here are 2WD and about on par with what I run.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

@Steve

I may have come off a little strong before, but I still maintain that it takes more than a stall to even up the two trucks. That's really the only thing that I was trying to get across.

Thanks! Mine is 2WD. Most of the TBSS around here are 2WD and about on par with what I run.
Nice. From what I hear the disadvantage of not having the awd launch is more than made up on the top end with less drivetrain loss. On a side note, I looked up the DA from your timeslip. -500' damn! I would love to get one run in with a DA like that. Haha I envy you guys that get to race in good DA.

Any other mods in the works for the truck?
Old 02-15-2013, 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

Nice. From what I hear the disadvantage of not having the awd launch is more than made up on the top end with less drivetrain loss. On a side note, I looked up the DA from your timeslip. -500' damn! I would love to get one run in with a DA like that. Haha I envy you guys that get to race in good DA.

Ya, we usually do have really good air. Especially between September and February.

It has a 4" CAI now and I will have a small converter in it (since it is my tow vehicle) by the time I go back to the track. I just like to go to the track and have some fun with the local Honda guys and stuff with the truck. I'm going to leave it mostly stock. I like the idea of having a nice, quite, and tame vehicle since the Camaro is the exact opposite.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

@ Jay

Understood. I apologize for being an ***.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Teching In

My old TBSS went 13.86 bone stock in **** air but on average it ran in the 14.0-14.3 range. I need to get my turd to the track soon before it gots africa hot in houston.

Steve C are you shipwreck on TBSSOwners?
Old 02-15-2013, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slohemi
My old TBSS went 13.86 bone stock in **** air but on average it ran in the 14.0-14.3 range. I need to get my turd to the track soon before it gots africa hot in houston.

Steve C are you shipwreck on TBSSOwners?
Ya. That's what I was saying I ran a 13.8 and a 13.7 and decided it was time to buy something. Lol!!! Pretty crazy your truck slowed down though.

I am SMOKNSS01 on tbssowners.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

@Steve

I may have come off a little strong before, but I still maintain that it takes more than a stall to even up the two trucks. That's really the only thing that I was trying to get across.

Yeah exackly, coming form the guy who owns a srt8 gc. This is so funny. I have a buddy who has a srt8 jeep with every bolt on possible and he runs 13.0 all day long. This is so funny lol.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Ya. That's what I was saying I ran a 13.8 and a 13.7 and decided it was time to buy something. Lol!!! Pretty crazy your truck slowed down though.

I am SMOKNSS01 on tbssowners.
I'm 19dirtybird99 on tbssowners. And yeah, if i hot lapped it it slowed down a few tenths. I would have to let it cool off and roll it through the staging lanes if i wanted to make a good pass. This was in the Houston heat though, probably would have ran better in 40-50 degree weather.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gregsss
Yeah exackly, coming form the guy who owns a srt8 gc. This is so funny. I have a buddy who has a srt8 jeep with every bolt on possible and he runs 13.0 all day long. This is so funny lol.
I'm confused. What is so funny about my post that you quoted? The fact that I was giving props to the owner of a TBSS? Or because I say the difference between the two trucks is more than just a stall?

As for your buddy's SRT8, you must be in pretty high DA for him to have every bolt on possible and only run 13 flat. Hell, I run 13.4's in +4500 DA and I only have a CAI, muffler delete and a tune. There are still a number of bolt ons left to put on my truck.

Also, what color is your buddy's Jeep? The joke on the JeepSRT8 forum is that the black ones are the fastest ones.

Quick Reply: Stock SRT8 vs Stock Trailblazer SS