Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 Cammed SS vs 2012 5.0 (5.0's are beast)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing you have proof of is that your a dumb hillbilly with a good imagination!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by lilmiller74
The only thing you have proof of is that your a dumb hillbilly with a good imagination!
Don't forget the pile of timeslips. I'll take hillbilly as a compliment.

You a city ***?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Seems like the older the ls1 gets, the hight the traps get with less mods.

Wierd.

My setup will never see 120 n\a.
Damn 8 year old cam\heads tech
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hiho spewing more BS I see.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:32 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Hiho spewing more BS I see.
No bs here bud. Just some guys don't like the facts. So then it's easier to try to persecute me for their less than great results.

I've posted lots of proof and the progression of it over the years. No worries here.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Weight reduction plays a big part going 120+ My old TA has trap exactly 120 at sar and that was stock gears at 432 rwhp on 17" rims with nitto 555r
Old 02-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
No bs here bud. Just some guys don't like the facts. So then it's easier to try to persecute me for their less than great results.

I've posted lots of proof and the progression of it over the years. No worries here.
Not saying anything about your car, just the fact you think 120mph trap is "mediocre" for a cam-only car. I think its rather impressive actually. Without touching the heads...I mean, come on.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL mine was with tsp 2.5 5.3L heads
Old 02-17-2013, 10:11 AM
10 Second Club

Not saying anything about your car, just the fact you think 120mph trap is "mediocre" for a cam-only car. I think its rather impressive actually. Without touching the heads...I mean, come on.
If it's full weight with less than great bolt-ons and a cam then yes. But I don't think that is the case with op's car. It only takes headers/ory, udp, airlid and a ported tb to get to 112-114 i a m6 car.....and not even good headers. Mac mids can get you there( I did that on the stock cat-back and ls1 intake). He's got big/littles, gear(be it to much gear), probably atleast a ls6 intake (a fast would net more). Right there could be + another 3 mph on a m6 car pretty easily. Probably closer to 4. If he has any other weight reduction at all it could be 5mph. Even on the low side of 112 + 4 mph is 116. Any cam worth is weight should get him 5-7 mph.

These should be expected results.

Great results is what we did with Notch's car (11.9 @ 116) on exhaust manis. And of coarse my results .....lol
Old 02-17-2013, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

What brings you to the conclusion im a city ***?

120 is a common trap speed for what i and most others concider a pretty fast full weight h/c fbody
Old 02-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

Man why don't texas-speed hire you so they can figure out why they can't make their record setting stock bottom end with aftermarket heads and a one off cam trap more than your bolt on ls6.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Launching!

If it's full weight with less than great bolt-ons and a cam then yes. But I don't think that is the case with op's car. It only takes headers/ory, udp, airlid and a ported tb to get to 112-114 i a m6 car.....and not even good headers. Mac mids can get you there( I did that on the stock cat-back and ls1 intake). He's got big/littles, gear(be it to much gear), probably atleast a ls6 intake (a fast would net more). Right there could be + another 3 mph on a m6 car pretty easily. Probably closer to 4. If he has any other weight reduction at all it could be 5mph. Even on the low side of 112 + 4 mph is 116. Any cam worth is weight should get him 5-7 mph.

These should be expected results.

Great results is what we did with Notch's car (11.9 @ 116) on exhaust manis. And of coarse my results .....lol
You to seem live in a perfect world don't you Hiho. Take a look around this site and see what others are doing. There are always "exceptions", but the vast majority would be lucky to see 120mph trap speed in a cam & bolt-on car.

And I agree some others, if you're so great at getting these cars to move like that with little to no parts, why hasn't anyone heard of you
Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilmiller74
What brings you to the conclusion im a city ***?

120 is a common trap speed for what i and most others concider a pretty fast full weight h/c fbody
Because you think I'm a hillbilly.
Originally Posted by ohioz
Man why don't texas-speed hire you so they can figure out why they can't make their record setting stock bottom end with aftermarket heads and a one off cam trap more than your bolt on ls6.
Your right...they should.....and pay me lots o' money.
You to seem live in a perfect world don't you Hiho. Take a look around this site and see what others are doing. There are always "exceptions", but the vast majority would be lucky to see 120mph trap speed in a cam & bolt-on car.

And I agree some others, if you're so great at getting these cars to move like that with little to no parts, why hasn't anyone heard of you
Those results are pretty standard really. I guess it's about the execution. And wtf....you have heard of me....lol My shop is just me. I do lots of stuff though. Full restorations to mild tune ups. I guess I'm not good at marketing myself and most around here don't really have the money to pay someone to hotrod there ****. That and most have they're way they want it done. I have my way and it works. I don't sell parts either. I would like to but don't really know how to get started. Although I have been thinking about trying that. The problem is alot of stuff I do is make/modify stock and aftermarket parts.

Bring me your ZR1 and some money and we will go get the ZR1 bolt-on record.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

This thread is great
Old 02-17-2013, 10:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

15mph gain on an avg ls1 from just cam and boltons?

Hmmmmmm I say again.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Launching!

Because you think I'm a hillbilly.

Your right...they should.....and pay me lots o' money.

Those results are pretty standard really. I guess it's about the execution. And wtf....you have heard of me....lol My shop is just me. I do lots of stuff though. Full restorations to mild tune ups. I guess I'm not good at marketing myself and most around here don't really have the money to pay someone to hotrod there ****. That and most have they're way they want it done. I have my way and it works. I don't sell parts either. I would like to but don't really know how to get started. Although I have been thinking about trying that. The problem is alot of stuff I do is make/modify stock and aftermarket parts.
You're a cool guy man just at times a bit unrealastic. In all honesty you really should be getting paid for this stuff if you're as good as you say you are.

ring me your ZR1 and some money and we will go get the ZR1 bolt-on record.
Oh no, not my baby. We'd have to get a loaner for that. lol
Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

You guys are overlooking that he would trap 2mph higher with a radial vs the bias tire.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DietCoke
You guys are overlooking that he would trap 2mph higher with a radial vs the bias tire.
This is what I keep hearing which is another reason I am switching over to a radial in two weeks. The bias plys seem to hook nice but they are a bit floaty on the big end for my taste. I'm also instlaling a 2 step which should help on dialing in a launch RPM for the radials.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

And yes bias plys will rob you of some mph on the back half of the track. I used this analogy in another thread. But picture peddling a bicycle with a flat rear tire. Takes a lot more energy to get to the same speed.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DietCoke
Did I miss the bias tire somewhere??
Originally Posted by Boryke
This is what I keep hearing which is another reason I am switching over to a radial in two weeks. The bias plys seem to hook nice but they are a bit floaty on the big end for my taste. I'm also instlaling a 2 step which should help on dialing in a launch RPM for the radials.
Report back your gains switching to the radial please. If you do pick up a couple then you should be right where I said. Then it's time to get on the little **** to get it over 125.....very doable.

Quick Reply: 2000 Cammed SS vs 2012 5.0 (5.0's are beast)