Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LMR Vette vs UGR Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Powerglide probably doesnt hit as hard as the lambo either? That jump in the beginning is all it takes at that power level
Old 03-27-2013, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gkzr1
from TRC's Website

"These two beasts could rival to be some of the fastest street cars in the world. The LMR Corvette usually makes 2200whp when it is at the Texas Invitational (click link for 1320video footage), but when it is on the street it tames it down to a mere 1700whp through the powerglide.

The Underground Racing R-package equipped Gallardo is making 1500+whp from what the owner says, how much extra that “+” makes, is up to you to decide. TRC cameraman was riding shotgun in the LMR vette to capture the amazing footage you are about to see. The LMR car attempted to use the bottle o the second round but due to a faulty fuel pump the race couldn’t happen. I have a feeling in the near future these two insane machines will be battling it out once again!! Enjoy!"
What people don't understand is that the Orange Lambo is an R package which means it tops out at 1500whp on race gas. I know UGR does some sick stuff with their guys who want to make more power but these average big dog lambo guys are making 1500whp.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheHitman
What people don't understand is that the Orange Lambo is an R package which means it tops out at 1500whp on race gas. I know UGR does some sick stuff with their guys who want to make more power but these average big dog lambo guys are making 1500whp.
Your point? The LMR car has went as high as 2000+hp on the dyno.

I think most were at least looking for a good run, but fuel pump issues with the LMR car prevented that unfortunately.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Black01Bird
Am I the only one that wanted the LMR Vette to puppy kick the **** out of the UGR car? Lmao
Sure wasnt.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

I don't want to point out the obvious.... but anyone with common sense saw this beat down coming.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Ya ok brah.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Folks lets consider some basic facts here...

The LMR car makes 2000ish whp on spray(It wasnt spraying)... Sub 1500whp off spray on race gas. The UGR cars makes closer to 1800whp set on kill and around 1500whp race mode. The cars are underrated without question.

Had the Vette sprayed and had some traction it would have needed to chase down that UGR. This race is what it should have been all things considered.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sledge_Hammer

The LMR car makes 2000ish whp on spray(It wasnt spraying)... Sub 1500whp off spray on race gas. The UGR cars makes closer to 1800whp set on kill and around 1500whp race mode. The cars are underrated without question.

Had the Vette sprayed and had some traction it would have needed to chase down that UGR. This race is what it should have been all things considered.
In that case, the title of the video is (for the most part) misleading. "1500+hp UGR TT vs 1700hp LMR Corvette". Never mentioned anything about nitrous in the initial post either.

Us spectators can only go by the information given. If proper info is listed you avoid all the BS that follows.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:12 AM
Staging Lane

traction traction traction.

The lambo smoked him due to lack of traction nothing more to see here folks.

The Lambo ate his lunch and wife out. It happens
Old 03-28-2013, 07:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cammed 02
In that case, the title of the video is (for the most part) misleading. "1500+hp UGR TT vs 1700hp LMR Corvette". Never mentioned anything about nitrous in the initial post either.

Us spectators can only go by the information given. If proper info is listed you avoid all the BS that follows.
Agreed... That is info that came out after the fact as folks started questioning the runs. To LMR's credit the have made no excuses, they ran how they ran and they seem OK with it. The UGR was in the 1500whp range for that run it wasnt on kill. I hope that helps clear the confusion for both cars.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Your point? The LMR car has went as high as 2000+hp on the dyno.

I think most were at least looking for a good run, but fuel pump issues with the LMR car prevented that unfortunately.
I think Even at full power Tejano Blue still wouldn't win. Even before he knew he had fuel issues the driver intentionally didn't spray. To hook that much power and torque on street wheels it almost impossible on the street. It's easier when you are on a tarmac but that is way too much load.

Now getting to the point of my statement is the orange car is one of UGR's run of the mill R package cars. While I don't like the shenanigans that the UGR guys were pulling that weekend, the orange car isn't even their top dog. You still have the Nera which dynoed 1900whp.
All of the guys saying Underground cars are underrated don't know what they are talking about. They make advertised power, give or take a few ponies. There was an underground car on the dyno at a GT-R event last year that was a stage 3 package. The car was on race gas and dynoed 1190whp on a mustang dyno. Even converting to dynojet numbers that puts it on par with estimated power from UGR's website (1250whp).

Those are just my observations as both cars are fast as **** and I am neutral on this deal.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sledge_Hammer

Wait wait wait. I think you are underrating Tejano Blue and overrating the Underground cars here. The vette before the last TI made 1500 on boost and didn't spray. By the time it was at TI, everybody and their mother was talking about how that car made over 1700whp on boost and over 2000whp on spray.

On the other side of the coin Underground has only had one car actually dyno over 1500whp and that was the Nera from what I recall dynoed 1900whp. I know there is a dyno sheet floating somewhere around.

Now with the fuel pump issues it is uncertain how much power Tejano Blue was down on. All we know at this time was that he was off the bottle and having some fuel issues. At the end of the day it was TX2K, so go big or go home.

Quick Reply: LMR Vette vs UGR Gallardo