Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Venom GT Runs 265.7 mph Now the Fastest Production Vehicle You Can Buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 89gmcs15
This whole thread is about the top end of a venom gt. I didn't think all the ford baby's out there had anything important to say, and I was right. If I can go to a company and buy a vehicle, be the first and only owner, drive straight from the manufacturer and drive it to a top speed higher than any other vehicle out there like that, then I guess I would have bought a venom gt. pretty sure the lotus parts start with the front bumper and end with the doors. They stretched the rear of the car to make room for the engine, and I'm pretty sure all the suspension is made not by lotus, along with the brakes, seats, frame, cage, ect. If you guys don't get this point or even the point of this thread then you are dumber than I thought, not even good trolls. I figured I'd post in the srk section with some knowledge, now I know to stay out of here with anything I have to say because the stupidity of the "members" in here is astounding. Say what you want, I'm done with this. Hate to have some of your logic rub off on me.
Don't let the door hit you in the ***.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
Actually I was not the first person to bring modulars into this thread. As far as the callout that did not happen If I wanted to run you i would have asked to meet half way and set up a actual run. I have better things to do then make a 2 day event out of a street race because I said the gt500 had enough to run with your built h/c/i nitrous c5z.
You can't be serious? Your 500 would get the paint sucked off by his Z. Really?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Let me break it down for you to make it simple 1/4 TT 4.6 > TT ls7 top end 5.4 4v > TT ls7.
You are something else man.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cwarta
You can't be serious? Your 500 would get the paint sucked off by his Z. Really?
Yea just like your gto
Old 04-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
You are something else man.
Just a man speaking the truth.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Uh yea? His z would destroy me? Your point ?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Banned

Uh yea? His z would destroy me? Your point ?
My point is you got drug by a maggie gto.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

This is as much of a production car as the UGR lambos. I say someone should take an R package Gallardo and run it to top speed to see if it could beat this record. I think it could.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

My point is you got drug by a maggie gto.
Lol and???? Am I supposed to be upset or something?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Banned

Lol and???? Am I supposed to be upset or something?
I would
Old 04-08-2013, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by loudblack97z71
this one made me LOL.... Have any data or credentials to back that up?
Yes I do. The FACT of the matter is, the LS1 in no uncertain terms, with SHATTER before it achieves what we already know the 5.4L has produced... OVER 2,000hp AND SURVIVED! You never have AND never will hear of an LS1 reaching such a goal because the LS1 is TOO FRIGGIN' WEAK to get there!

Why ELSE do you think the real power producers swap to the 100 POUND heavier LQ series engine or(these days) buy an aftermarket block??? Think it through... While you're at it, try keeping in mind that I was on the leading edge of these cars back when they were new and I do remember hitting limits in what we considered "well before their time" back then... Of course, when LS1 edit was the "big thing," you were surely not even driving(BIG WHEELS and Green Machines excluded).

Thanks to real racers and real tuners, younger folks like you have NO IDEA how difficult it used to be getting serious power from an LS based engine, let alone how weak the LS1 block is when compared to many others which GM produced later... IF the LS1 was all that great, we wouldn't need or have all these others after it. Otherwise, they'd just open it up and slap a supercharger on the LS1 in the Corvette and call THAT the ZR1!

Originally Posted by 89gmcs15
This whole thread is about the top end of a venom gt. I didn't think all the ford baby's out there had anything important to say, and I was right. If I can go to a company and buy a vehicle, be the first and only owner, drive straight from the manufacturer and drive it to a top speed higher than any other vehicle out there like that, then I guess I would have bought a venom gt. pretty sure the lotus parts start with the front bumper and end with the doors. They stretched the rear of the car to make room for the engine, and I'm pretty sure all the suspension is made not by lotus, along with the brakes, seats, frame, cage, ect. If you guys don't get this point or even the point of this thread then you are dumber than I thought, not even good trolls. I figured I'd post in the srk section with some knowledge, now I know to stay out of here with anything I have to say because the stupidity of the "members" in here is astounding. Say what you want, I'm done with this. Hate to have some of your logic rub off on me.
The fact is, someone openly pointed out THE TRUTH and you and 1 other person immediately starting crying foul... Such is life. GROW UP!

As for the making of the Venom GT, various parts are made by various companies... NO PARTS, however, actually appear to have been produced by Hennessey in ANY Hennessey facility... Deal with it! They put together one Hell of a package, no doubt, but Hennessey is not truly producing automobiles. Companies like Lotus, GM, Ford, Chrysler and more, do that. The suspension and probably what anyone would call "the frame work" was essentially ALL modified by Hennessey, by the way.

When the likes of you calls the general member here "stupid," it makes people like me LOL!

Originally Posted by TheHitman
This is as much of a production car as the UGR lambos.
It's not even that close to production! Hennessey apparently only PLANS to build 39 of their "hypercar" and so far, have only "produced" 7 or 8 of them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm lovin' their efforts. I just happen to think that if you PURCHASE a car, then swap the engine and modify nearly everything in the suspension, you still haven't built a production car... You changed around a production car that another company actually built.

If I buy a Fox body Mustang and drop in a TT 7L LSX, then put it for sale, having used parts from various companies to change the suspension, can *I* call it my own production car? If I did 7 such swaps, is it THEN my own??? I'm not into that any more than you or most...

Besides, it seems someone also pointed out, the VIN in these cars is still ALL Lotus!

I say someone should take an R package Gallardo and run it to top speed to see if it could beat this record. I think it could.
It won't be easy, but it probably could happen.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would
Lolz okay brah. I'm not now cuz you told me to be. Not srz
Old 04-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Banned

Lolz okay brah. I'm not now cuz you told me to be. Not srz

No wai brah
Old 04-08-2013, 05:27 PM
10 Second Club

Venom GT come with a warranty???

AutoMach got scared so hes picking on NA 04 GTOs with his GT500!?!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
Venom GT come with a warranty???

AutoMach got scared so hes picking on NA 04 GTOs with his GT500!?!
Scared bahaha. No rebutal to the truth you must have seen the light.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Venom GT has 2 year/24000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

What kind of bumper to bumper warranty does the Hennessy Ford GT have?? Or the UGR racing Lambo???

I get that they are all super expensive and I doubt anyone in this thread will ever own one... Plain and simple it's a record holding factory super car WITH bumper to Bumper warranty.... I'm sure the boost could be tweaked on the Venom GT and it put on some $18per gallon race fuel and it would go quicker maybe even break the standing mile record, frankly who knows and who cares... We r talking about 260+mph warrantied 1.2M dollar car

Quick Reply: Venom GT Runs 265.7 mph Now the Fastest Production Vehicle You Can Buy