Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2013 5.0 vs 2007 Maserati Gransport

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 5.0 vs 2007 Maserati Gransport

This race didn't involve any LS engines unfortunately. But I'll share it anyways, bought my 2013 5.0 with 3.73s last Saturday. Car is still bone stock.

I was driving in Mexico and came to a stoplight. I didn't really pay attention to the car next to me bc I was having a conversation with the wife. Bam light turns green I accelerate a little above normal...turns out the super loud V8 was a 2007 maserati gransport with at the minimum a catback exhaust. it was as loud as my LM2 catback i had on my WS6. he heard my motor rev a little on acceleration. As soon as I hit 2nd gear he downshifted and punched it. I immediately ignored my wife and went into race mode. Then I immediately dropped back to 1st, I was I right in my powerband at around 4500ish rpm. At this point the Maserati had the hit and was about a car up on me. I quickly stopped the bleeding and started to reel him in as I banged 2nd. By the time I was mid way through third gear I pulled in front. I ran it into the top of 4th just to assure him I just dusted his *** off. I backed out of it at that point, I was a little more than a car length ahead when I backed out of it. I didn't see exactly the speed I was at but it was roughly 80-90ish. Trying to slow down on a little street in Tijuana used all my focus haha.

The guy then pulled up next to me at the next light. He looked all pumped from the race. I barley was able to get minor info about the car before the light switched. He told me the car name and commented his exhaust was a little loud for the city. That's the first time I've seen a Maserati or at least noticed one around this area. First thing I did when I came home was google 2007 Maserati gransport lol. In my research it showed that they run about 4.8ish to 60 bone stock. So exactly the same as a 5th gen is estimated.

I didn't mean to be a dick to the guy but I told him his car was kinda quick. After the fact I thought to myself that was a dick comment those cars are pretty expensive to be called "kinda quick"

If you guys run up on a Maserati, beware they are faster than they look lol.

I did realize at this point that a go pro was in my near future. Now that I think about it as I write this I might just charge it to the good ole bb card

This is a pic of the 5.0 in question

Last edited by JesseWS6; 04-07-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

for the money I dont blame ya going w the tang..nice kill
Old 04-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Enjoyed the story. Might read it again
Old 04-08-2013, 02:31 AM
On The Tree

Good kill and nice looking 5.0!