Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 Camaro vs Civic *VIDEO*

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 02:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This place, 98% of the time, is like watching a Special Olympics which is like trying to look away from a gruesome car accident which is like sawing your dick off. You guys are so full of hate and denial (for reasons unbeknownst to me). Whatever happened to giving props where props are due? How many of you are actually even happy with whatever you have right now?

Fact is, that Civic would rape probably any of us on any given day. And it's obviously streetable and from what I can tell not gutted out or a racecar.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON A4
This place, 98% of the time, is like watching a Special Olympics which is like trying to look away from a gruesome car accident which is like sawing your dick off. You guys are so full of hate and denial (for reasons unbeknownst to me). Whatever happened to giving props where props are due? How many of you are actually even happy with whatever you have right now?

Fact is, that Civic would rape probably any of us on any given day. And it's obviously streetable and from what I can tell not gutted out or a racecar.
I agree with parts of your comment... But did you NOT watch all the vids posted? The Civic is gutted. Has a cage, could barley idle, I mean watch the track vid. He has to keep giving it throttle or it will die? Sounds like a GREAT daily driver to me. I mean the thing died after doing a burnout. Either way yea its a quick car non the less. But I'm sure I could take it pretty good at the track with my H/C set up Ima install
Old 04-12-2013, 03:32 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON A4

I agree to some extent but the OP was dead on about it. Doesn't have A/C, barely idles, gutted out its pretty damn close to a "race car". This is coming from someone whos owned several hondas before my current car. I don't get why he gut the car though, he probably dropped what? 80lbs at best.

Originally Posted by clonedws6
LOL LOL

sounds like nitrous..... Hahaha... How about the huge anti lag on the launch? Lol. Man I love this site!

Fkn lol guys a tard.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
First loss to a Civic.... the guy reeled my *** in pretty damn good! Respectable I think. Although the car couldn't idle for ****! When he first came pulling up he had to keep it revved or it would die. While we were watching other runs it died a couple times & wouldn't start lol. I was wanting to do another run but typical unreliable gutted Civic wouldn't start then the cops showed up haha

Then you hit comments section here:

PapiZ28 12 hours ago
You cam hear Camaro let off before civic passes him
Reply · 13

DoggyB22 2 hours ago
Camaro let off a little bit at the end due to some weird wobbling going on...? Can check vids on my page
Reply · in reply to PapiZ28

And now you let off? Looked like you just took a loss, and acknowledged it as a loss until it hit the racing page on youtube, now it was just letting out? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say in first post you took a loss and got reeled in?
Old 04-12-2013, 04:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Then you hit comments section here:
LS1 Camaro vs Turbo Civic - YouTube

PapiZ28 12 hours ago
You cam hear Camaro let off before civic passes him
Reply · 13

DoggyB22 2 hours ago
Camaro let off a little bit at the end due to some weird wobbling going on...? Can check vids on my page
Reply · in reply to PapiZ28

And now you let off? Looked like you just took a loss, and acknowledged it as a loss until it hit the racing page on youtube, now it was just letting out? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say in first post you took a loss and got reeled in?

LOL.... god people like you I swear. Wtf are you trying to prove? Do you not clearly see in the info I stated WHEN I posted the original vid that I said I let off at the end because my car got wobbly? Yea he was reeling me in at the end & yes I did get off a little bit towards the end. If you look at the vids it both happened around the same time. This Civic runs low 11s. So Id hope he be able to reel me in. Don't know WHY you think I need to prove anything here. with your bs & acting like a smart *** on here & Youtube bro.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
LOL.... god people like you I swear. Wtf are you trying to prove? Do you not clearly see in the info I stated WHEN I posted the original vid that I said I let off at the end because my car got wobbly? Yea he was reeling me in at the end & yes I did get off a little bit towards the end. If you look at the vids it both happened around the same time. This Civic runs low 11s. So Id hope he be able to reel me in. Don't know WHY you think I need to prove anything here. with your bs & acting like a smart *** on here & Youtube bro.
I repeated what you stated here on youtube. That it was a respectable loss. You're the smart *** that wants to state how I wasn't in the car with you. You mentioned nothing about letting off and are really sounding like you are fishing for an excuse for losing to a better set up drag car (regardless of how shitty it might be for DD, seemed to work well enough to reel you in)

No ****, sherlock.

Hm a 11.2 @ 130 mph car vs a high 11 low 12 sec car.. Watching the Civic owners vid of this race & then him at the track? Looks like a different car on a track & street. Either way its whatever. People can say what they want. Watch the vids & think what you want. Fact is majority of you weren't there or in the cars. You can view the outcome however you want. Civic was slowly reeling me in at the end of the race. Right around when I began to let off. & that's where you see the passing going on
You got slips of this high 11 claim? Any reason you can't man up to your first post where it sounded much more confident in your loss, and now it sounds like you're fishing by letting off?

Guys like me, huh? For having 2 cents on a public forum thread about street racing?

Meh, either way:
Good death
Old 04-12-2013, 08:35 AM

Damn....130 mph traps for 330 whp....Im building the wrong project LMAO...

I would have thought they would need to be in the mid 400's to trap that high...that bish is bad...no matter what it is...

Spray and a Cam may not be enough from a roll...maybe a dig would bring you a high 10 but on the street that car is bad ***.....

Nothing to be ashamed of here....
Old 04-12-2013, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Its a turbo civic vs a bolt on camaro , predictable outcome. good race, good vid, considering a night one.

And as far as trap speeds go? every one knows that imports have good trap speeds to go with slower e.ts i.e 11.20@130 he probably had a 9 sec 1/8 lol. the trap speed comes from the fact that its turbocharged and it probably weighs 2400 if hes heavy.

nice run.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by TrickrTreat
Its a turbo civic vs a bolt on camaro , predictable outcome. good race, good vid, considering a night one.

And as far as trap speeds go? every one knows that imports have good trap speeds to go with slower e.ts i.e 11.20@130 he probably had a 9 sec 1/8 lol. the trap speed comes from the fact that its turbocharged and it probably weighs 2400 if hes heavy.

nice run.
I would bet you that this one weighs under 2100lbs
Old 04-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by adamantium
And you let me know when your car traps more than most bolt on civics

Its never going phaggot i have a 10 bolt i dont give three ***** about the strip or ET
I don't blame you. If I owned your car I'd try to stay away from the track also.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by odthetruth
I repeated what you stated here on youtube. That it was a respectable loss. You're the smart *** that wants to state how I wasn't in the car with you. You mentioned nothing about letting off and are really sounding like you are fishing for an excuse for losing to a better set up drag car (regardless of how shitty it might be for DD, seemed to work well enough to reel you in)

No ****, sherlock.
You got slips of this high 11 claim? Any reason you can't man up to your first post where it sounded much more confident in your loss, and now it sounds like you're fishing by letting off?

Guys like me, huh? For having 2 cents on a public forum thread about street racing?

Meh, either way:
Good death
Again..... where you going with your pointless posts? Like I just said in the 1st post & in the info of the video. I lost yes because I "didn't pass the finish line first" but also I let off a little bit. END OF STORY.. Why you are one of those people who like to push things & act like a smart *** is beyond me. & yes guys like you "You got slips for this high 11 claim" no hence why I said high 11-low 12 sec car. Basing off of mods of my car & times I've seen. Track times will be soon though ok? Ill make sure to post them just for you
Old 04-12-2013, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good race...

Too many stupid comments in here to reply to.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I don't blame you. If I owned your car I'd try to stay away from the track also.
It is his daily, bro. Or at least that was his comment to me when I asked him what he has ran at the track thus far. Right before he talked about his H/C build he wanted to do
Old 04-12-2013, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evangto87
Good race...

This,
Old 04-12-2013, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by evangto87
Good race...

You love me.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
It is his daily, bro. Or at least that was his comment to me when I asked him what he has ran at the track thus far. Right before he talked about his H/C build he wanted to do
Only crazy people run their dailys hard at the track.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Should read: "Only smart people build there daily's stout enough that they can run it hard at the track on a regular basis and still drive it home." If we wanted drag only cars, I sure as hell wouldn't be using a GTO.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 04-13-2013, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lmao... VTec kicked in yo!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:49 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread sure did bring the lolz.

Quick Reply: LS1 Camaro vs Civic *VIDEO*