Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt-on Viper vs Ferrari and E60 M5

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bolt-on Viper vs Ferrari and E60 M5

I was on my way back from my girlfriend's house this weekend. She lives in Mexico, so I figured it would be a long and boring drive home. I got some gas before getting on the highway, and pulled out of the gas station right behind a Ferrari 360. I pulled up next to him as traffic slowed down, and we exchanged thumbs up. He seemed like an ok guy, but I didn't expect him to want to run.

I pull in front of him and get on the highway, and he follows. As I get into the middle lane, he pulls around on the left of me and I hear him dropping gears. I'm at around 60mph now, so I put my car in second just in time to go WOT a split second after he does. It was more of a puppy kick than a race. I let out at 120 because it was getting ugly...I'm not really sure how many cars it was, but I proved my point so I eased into the brakes. I gave the guy a thumbs up, and he gave me one back...then he flew off with a rice (pasta?) fly-by. I didn't bother chasing him.

Later on in my drive, I ran into another Viper (first time I've ever randomly run into another Viper), which was cool. He had at least an exhaust, and I could see that he had some little cosmetic mods in the interior, but I have no idea what else was modded.

We were cruising along together when a loud E60 M5 comes flying up behind us and starts weaving through traffic to keep up. Normally I don't mess with drivers like this. They're bound to crash into someone. So he keeps going WOT next to me with all these other cars around, but I'm not interested in playing in traffic. I see him giving me all sorts of tough-guy looks through his tint lol. Anyway, traffic finally thins out a bit, and I decide that I'll play. I put my car in 3rd (think we were going 75?) figuring this wouldn't be that hard of a race. He hears me downshift, and goes WOT about 3 cars ahead of me. I went WOT too, and pulled on him pretty decently. I shut down after I pulled a half car ahead of him. He didn't stop, swerved around some other cars, and immediately took the next exit. I wanted to cruise with the other Viper again, but I couldn't find him after that. Oh well.

It was only a 360, but I was psyched about killing my first Ferrari. My mods are full exhaust, K&N filter, and a tune. 472whp/510wtq.

Edit: Wow, every thread has a video now. Lot different than last time I was around here a lot (2008). Hate to be such a tease without a video.

Last edited by SlayerMaro; 04-17-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year Viper, That makes a bit of difference.

I have a good friend with a Venom 500, a TT-Viper, a twin SC one and a few other stock to bolt ons, I think he sold most of them.

At one time he was the driver of the yellow Faster viper in the owrld 1/4mile, it was not his car but he drove it to the record, at that time.

I raced him at least 3 times in two different combos, and he would pull away each time, the last time however I was close to my current combo and still lost but, Tony said "man that thing rolls out now" so I was happy. All races were against the Venom (blue and white GTS) in Ga.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:24 AM
TECH Resident

Lol at pasta fly-by. I've heard several times that the 360s aren't that great. I think I saw a vid on youtube a while back of a bolt on f-body stomping one.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

How can you post a thread with these cars and no daytime video!?

Old 04-17-2013, 03:46 PM
11 Second Club

Hahaha I know. Everyone has a gopro.

It's an '03 Viper.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vipers are all **** slow.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Vipers are fast
Old 04-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I disagree. I think some of them are pretty quick.

All kidding aside, your Viper looks incredible!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
My dads 05' was, sold it asap for a Ford GT.

Quick Reply: Bolt-on Viper vs Ferrari and E60 M5