Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Funny Kill story.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blownbayou
yep..... first time I have heard of the CC button being used in a race. Love it.... TQ Rules
Wish i coulda talked to the kid and told him it was all CC
But when i got a couple lengths up i braked and he just kept going.
Not sure why the import guys mess with me so much, im just commuting lol...
Old 04-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Great story for sure. By the way I just bought a 2002 Trans Am. I don't know any shops in the Seattle/Tacoma area that works on our cars. Where do you go? My last shop only does Subies
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha I dd this in my 04 Sti vs my buds 98 neon rt. he wasn't suprised it happened but was upset it did. He wouldn't have believed you if ya told him I'm sure. Stupid kids and their honda/acuras lol
Old 04-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NoJoy
Great story for sure. By the way I just bought a 2002 Trans Am. I don't know any shops in the Seattle/
Tacoma area that works on our
cars. Where do you go? My last shop only does Subies
Blood industries.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 89gmcs15
Haha I dd this in my 04 Sti vs my buds 98 neon rt. he wasn't suprised it happened but was upset it did. He wouldn't have believed you if ya told him I'm sure. Stupid kids and their honda/acuras lol
i also have a 2G dsm, full forged bottom, built and ported head, AEM ECU, act 2600 clutch, big T28 turbo, greddy ebc, greddy fmic, crower 272s, can do an awd burnout. Commute on 25psi, 332awhp 266 tq. T/A a tad faster pulling after 60mph, not to mention the LS1 gets way better mpg than that eclipse lol!

Last edited by LIQUIDZ28; 04-22-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its a nice car.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LIQUIDZ28
Blood industries.
Thx. Do you have a number? Are they in Tacoma?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thx. Do you have a number? Are they in Tacoma?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=blood+industries%2C+Washington

First link shows "Blood Enterprises", not Industries.
Is that the one?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=blood+industries%2C+Washington

First link shows "Blood Enterprises", not Industries.
Is that the one?
+1 on the correction, thats the place. Its massively expensive i will tell you that. They use LS1edit and its over 600 per vin + labor + pulls.

Also Pat Austin's PRO MAX!
on 56th and So. Tacoma Way has in house dyno, as far as their tuning software i have no idea. I had my 383 iroc tuned there but it was carbed so it was only $75 a pull plus labor on the jetting which was tons less $$ than EFI.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Blood is located in Auburn. Cool. I just got this car, so I am going to take it to them and have them check it out. Oil and transmission fluid change, check brake wear ect. Thx for the link!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Its a nice car.
Thanks Sir.
Too bad all the modifications make it massively un-reliable. @ 22k miles on the engine, trans, diffs i have allready had to do a timing belt due to the aluminum tab the guys that built the head tac welded to the gear side of the head falling off and landing in the gears, got lucky i diddnt blow the head apart. It was a nightmare to re-time the car because of the adjustable gears.
Changed the lifters twice allready. And the last thing that happened is i jumpstarted a Washington state patrol ladies patrol car because she left everything on and forgot to leave the engine running while pulling me over...
fried my Greddy tru-time elecronic turbo timer =( buh bye 400 bux just like that. I jumpstarted a freightliner w/ my T/A never had any probs.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Blood is located in Auburn. Cool. I just got this car, so I am going to take it to them and have them check it out. Oil and transmission fluid change, check brake wear ect. Thx for the link!
Uhh, on that type of work which would usually run about $200 would be twice as much to do @ a tuning shop. Take it ot Chevron @ 72nd and Mckinley, sounds wierd but the mechanic there is a retired ASE certified. $20 dollar oil changes and he does a great job cleaning up after himself.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

won't go past 28% according to my TPS.
I was all ready going freeway speed, not running the quarter mile from a dig. RSX did pull for the first couple seconds, i did not say i blew his doors off. Did however pass him while he was WOT with my accel button depressed. Also Hwy 512 heading tword Lakewood is a slight incline so we where going uphill the whole time. Believe it or not, in the end; LS1.
Not to mention if we where at the track, my 0-60 is 2 seconds faster than the type-s @4.9 on 305/30/ZR19

Anyone here get passing gear or a downshift from the Accel button? I sure don't, all ways has just been a smooth accel but stays in the same gear @ 65+.

Mine downshifts HARD and takes off by pressing the accel button, its not very fun and ive always found it kinda weird.

Originally Posted by ElGuapoK20
I own both, a 2003 RSX-S and 98 T/A, I dont necessarily believe this story completely but I guess it's possibly. My first time at the track ever, in any car, with my intake only I did a 14.98 in the RSX. Haven't taken the trans am to the track yet but it is definitely faster, but can't exactly believe it beat an RSX with cruise control.
Do you realize what you're saying? a 15 second car vs a 13 second car stock and you dont believe the story?.....
Old 04-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Black01Bird;17341221]Mine downshifts HARD and takes off by pressing the accel button, its not very fun and ive always found it kinda weird.

Mine is a 98, I tested it again last night and it went to 28% and stopped; and i started the CC @45mph and just held it in till 60mph and it did not downshift at all. Wierd though, It pulls smooth as if i put my foot into it just enough to accel but not kick down

Last edited by LIQUIDZ28; 04-23-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

puppy kicking...
Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Thanks Sir.
Too bad all the modifications make it massively un-reliable. @ 22k miles on the engine, trans, diffs i have allready had to do a timing belt due to the aluminum tab the guys that built the head tac welded to the gear side of the head falling off and landing in the gears, got lucky i diddnt blow the head apart. It was a nightmare to re-time the car because of the adjustable gears.
Changed the lifters twice allready. And the last thing that happened is i jumpstarted a Washington state patrol ladies patrol car because she left everything on and forgot to leave the engine running while pulling me over...
fried my Greddy tru-time elecronic turbo timer =( buh bye 400 bux just like that. I jumpstarted a freightliner w/ my T/A never had any probs.
What?! I hope she was nice enough not to write you a ticket after helping her out. lol
Thx for the heads up on the other ASE mechanic. Tuning shops can be expensive. My last shop runs at $75.00 and hr. They do a good job though.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Teching In

What?! I hope she was nice enough not to write you a ticket after helping her out. lol
Thx for the heads up on the other ASE mechanic. Tuning shops can be expensive. My last shop runs at $75.00 and hr. They do a good job though.
She pulled me over for no front plate, i explained to her it was bolted to the dash because if i put it in front of the intercooler (the factory location) the car would overheat and cause a potential hazard to other motorists. She called the captain and explained that to him, diddnt give me a ticket but a warning... i waited for her to leave first then i seen the headlights dimming out so i could tell she was in trouble so i just backed up next to her whipped out the cables and popped my hood. she diddnt even know how to hook up the cables but thats ok, brunet with green eyes. Nuff said.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Teching In

here is the log of my TPS being held for 18 seconds. Shows initial depression spike to 34% for 2 seconds then drops to 25% then steadies out at 28% exactly.

Quick Reply: Funny Kill story.