Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'12 3.7l v6 vs. H/C 347ci Fox

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
OP is a buddy of mine, lives up in Lynchburg, so if you guys want to put something together I'm sure we can make it happen! His car and yours should honestly be a good match from any speed. He's trapping 107-109, so even from a roll it should be a fair run. Would love to see it!

Fooln, you know my opinion on that run with the Fox. I think he figured he had ya, you surprised his ***, so he sprayed. Just way too dramatic of a difference between the two runs to be anything else.

That SRT-4 guy is an azzhole btw..
GTOSpd..That would be cool! I'd like to give it a shot. His V6 runs very good no doubt. Lynchburg is a haul though. I worked at Teva Pharma for three week and drove up that way each Sunday. If we can't get that together then maybe I could find a local V6 Stang with mods to run. I got a GoPro ready. Know anyone? Maybe someone will chime in...
Old 05-17-2013, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
GTOSpd..That would be cool! I'd like to give it a shot. His V6 runs very good no doubt. Lynchburg is a haul though. I worked at Teva Pharma for three week and drove up that way each Sunday. If we can't get that together then maybe I could find a local V6 Stang with mods to run. I got a GoPro ready. Know anyone? Maybe someone will chime in...
His car is stout for sure. He caught me at the track with a better 60' and it took me almost half the damn track to catch and pass him, lol. Put into perspective just how easy it is to lose on the street. I was thinking more about meeting somewhere in the middle, or catch them next time they roll down to Fayetteville to run. They were down a few weeks ago :/

Gotta be a local around, but I can almost guarantee you nobody is going to give you the same run as the OP or his Dad. Those boys can drive.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a pretty strong group for Fayetteville but 60% chance of rain.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea Guitar, weather isn't looking too promising man. Talking like some pretty heavy rain will be moving through.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Car is going to the shop Wednesday night...hopefully will be done by Friday, will be running that Sunday if I can't make it this Sunday (well I'll be going to both if possible).
Old 05-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Teching In

His car is stout for sure. He caught me at the track with a better 60' and it took me almost half the damn track to catch and pass him, lol. Put into perspective just how easy it is to lose on the street. I was thinking more about meeting somewhere in the middle, or catch them next time they roll down to Fayetteville to run. They were down a few weeks ago :/

Gotta be a local around, but I can almost guarantee you nobody is going to give you the same run as the OP or his Dad. Those boys can drive.
No doubt man...I saw the vids. Damn quick cars! Not only do their cars perform well but the drivers ain't to shabby either. I am sure they kick some *** around town also.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Guitar
Car is going to the shop Wednesday night...hopefully will be done by Friday, will be running that Sunday if I can't make it this Sunday (well I'll be going to both if possible).
Car is going to run nice man! I just have a feeling. Good luck!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Wish it could..maybe with a real driver like you or Stoppy. I can't drive for sh*t. I baby this thing to much at the track.

If you need a driver, Holla
Old 05-17-2013, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Guitar
Ten 4, buddy. Just keep me posted on what you do. I'm right here in Raleigh, so I'm game anytime. What are you getting done Wed?

No doubt man...I saw the vids. Damn quick cars! Not only do their cars perform well but the drivers ain't to shabby either. I am sure they kick some *** around town also.
Those cars are a handful for most anyone for sure, particularly from a dig on those slicks/skinnies. You should see the OP's brother shift his Fox. I'll try to find a vid, but its impressive as hell.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Heater
If you need a driver, Holla
LOL...Heater, I will come find you at the next Dragging Rights. Hopefully it will be in F'Ville and not Rockingham.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Next Dragging Rights is at Piedmont
Old 05-17-2013, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ten 4, buddy. Just keep me posted on what you do. I'm right here in Raleigh, so I'm game anytime. What are you getting done Wed?
Just a few small things fixed. Nothing big.

Originally Posted by Heater
Next Dragging Rights is at Piedmont
1/8th FTL.

I hope they don't do Rockingham again. Don't want to drive there to have a shitty track.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by z28th1s
CFM (Central Florida Motorsports) in Florida has a Yellow Blaze automatic 3.7 that ran in the high 10's with a Procharger and has now switched to a single turbo. The times on both setups were similar. IIRC 10.8x's @ 124-127 MPH.
Damn....those things run good.
Originally Posted by automach1
Where is this 800+whp ls6 with a 2.3 blower on 16lbs? I would say 95 percent of the people in this section think you are a moron. I talk **** and back it up. If you think otherwise you are more then welcome to drive that pile down here and find out for yourself.
Dipshit...your putting words in my mouth. I never said a 2.3 I said same psi. Now why the **** would you put the same size blower on a engine capable of moving more air??? Fact is I can mop your *** with 100 less hp.
Originally Posted by z28th1s
How is that over a second faster than a 12.63 @ 109 MPH??
His math is not what it should be.
I meant half. Still not close. I have seen them go 11.8 @ 115 @ 3400lbs with similar mods which is almost a full sec faster.
Bullshit. I have yet to see a n/a 4.6 hit 12's at my track.

The 3.7 v6 car there has run 13.0's.

Sorry for ******* up the thread. These v6 cars interest me.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

I was highly disappointed with Rockingham, the way the track prep sucked and then they acted like they couldn't cut the lights on for us to finish the race
Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Damn....those things run good.

Dipshit...your putting words in my mouth. I never said a 2.3 I said same psi. Now why the **** would you put the same size blower on a engine capable of moving more air??? Fact is I can mop your *** with 100 less hp.

His math is not what it should be.

Bullshit. I have yet to see a n/a 4.6 hit 12's at my track.

The 3.7 v6 car there has run 13.0's.

Sorry for ******* up the thread. These v6 cars interest me.
No I am not putting words in your mouth. You are just back peddling like you always do after some of your famous derp comments. Oh well I mean the ls6 is the only motor capable of flowing enough air for a bigger blower bahahaha what a dumbass. No you would not mop my car up with your cut up tin can try again.

Bullshit at my track stock fbodys run mid 13s. So they have never went faster. See what I did there derp?

Last edited by automach1; 05-17-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

No I am not putting words in your mouth. You are just back peddling like you always do after some of your famous derp comments. Oh well I mean the ls6 is the only motor capable of flowing enough air for a bigger blower bahahaha what a dumbass. No you would not mop my car up with your cut up tin can try again.

Bullshit at my track stock fbodys run mid 13s. So they have never went faster. See what I did there derp?
More words in my mouth from you dipshit. You insinuated what I was saying. If I did things how you do things I would be in your shoes with 500+rwhp and still in the 12's. Do you realize these v6 mustangs are closer to you than you are to me? Pretty sad for your gt100. Do you also realize the bolt-on ls1 car of notch's that I helped with went faster than you?? ....with about 200whp less. That's how much you suck.

Now shut up and stop ******* up threads with your dumb ****.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:17 AM
Banned

More words in my mouth from you dipshit. You insinuated what I was saying. If I did things how you do things I would be in your shoes with 500+rwhp and still in the 12's. Do you realize these v6 mustangs are closer to you than you are to me? Pretty sad for your gt100. Do you also realize the bolt-on ls1 car of notch's that I helped with went faster than you?? ....with about 200whp less. That's how much you suck.

Now shut up and stop ******* up threads with your dumb ****.
Here we go again changing the subject. You do realize that the car has already beat a low 11secfbody and that is exactly what you have? Keep basing it one bad track outing though. We all know your hacked up, motor swaped, faceplated pos is still the 11s even though it weights 3100lbs with your little *** in it
Old 05-18-2013, 02:40 AM

Those cars are a handful for most anyone for sure, particularly from a dig on those slicks/skinnies. You should see the OP's brother shift his Fox. I'll try to find a vid, but its impressive as hell.
Thanks!! Our cars have and still are surprising cars on the street and at the track.

This morning on the way home from wor I had a '90-'91 silver 5.0 5 speed LX hatch jump on me. He took the hit from a 60 roll and I quickly stopped his pull and put 7-8 car lengths on him to about 120 MPH.

The car seemed to be mostly stock. When he slowed down I said to him it doesn't run too bad a a V6 does it? He said that thing is a V6? I said yes a 3.7 liter V6. He said you totally dusted my ***!

Here are a couple of my other son's vids showcasing his driving ability.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:18 AM
9 Second Club

Actually, you did say that...

You do realize at your boost levels and stock weight I would still be much faster.....right? 16-18 lb's on a stock ls6 would make around 800whp.....maybe more.
The car you quoted was a 2.3L Whipple Cobra so we all assumed that's what you meant.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:48 AM
10 Second Club

Here we go again changing the subject. You do realize that the car has already beat a low 11secfbody and that is exactly what you have? Keep basing it one bad track outing though. We all know your hacked up, motor swaped, faceplated pos is still the 11s even though it weights 3100lbs with your little *** in it
More exaggeration. Nothing hacked on my car. Not to 3100 with me yet either.....but I'm working on it. Your just to stupid to know the difference between lightening and dis-assembly.....go take your seats out some more dipshit. LOL....if I were that far off at the track like you claim I would've been busting my *** to get back to the track. Besides I went faster than you @ full weight and w/o drag wheels/tires.

So when are you gonna make fun of my motor swapped, gearbox swapped, wiring swapped, fuel system need, chassis reinforced, ported blower Mustang you dumbass. That's a real swap. You can't run with it either.
Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
Actually, you did say that...

The car you quoted was a 2.3L Whipple Cobra so we all assumed that's what you meant.
Yea.....where did I say 2.3??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

Damn that's gotta hurt when your own quotes is wrong. But thanks for proving autocock wrong.

But you were right when you said "we all assumed". Thanks for clearing that up.

Remember if I did **** like most others I would have a 12 sec 115mph ls6 f-body.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 05-18-2013 at 06:58 AM.

Quick Reply: '12 3.7l v6 vs. H/C 347ci Fox