Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'12 3.7l v6 vs. H/C 347ci Fox

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
I would take it as a compliment that a car of that caliber called you out. That means your little V6 Mustang is making some noise
You damn right!! Props OP...Fox owner sounded like an idiot.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by automach1
I understand. I mach with your mods she be running 11s not 12s
If you can't get a blown 5.4l with 325/15 drag radials out of the 12s, where exactly do you come off telling him what his car should run? Have YOU ever gotten a bolt on Mach 1 with his mods in the 11s?

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Wish it could..maybe with a real driver like you or Stoppy. I can't drive for sh*t. I baby this thing to much at the track.
See above for my opinion.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:45 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Yea.....where did I say 2.3??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

Damn that's gotta hurt when your own quotes is wrong. But thanks for proving autocock wrong.

But you were right when you said "we all assumed". Thanks for clearing that up.

Remember if I did **** like most others I would have a 12 sec 115mph ls6 f-body.
Well in that case, the fact you think ALL blowers make the same HP at the same boost levels makes you look even more ridiculous. Stick to basic bolt-ons guy and you'll be fine.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
If you can't get a blown 5.4l with 325/15 drag radials out of the 12s, where exactly do you come off telling him what his car should run? Have YOU ever gotten a bolt on Mach 1 with his mods in the 11s?

Because others have. I never had the mods he had so point irrelevant. Yea it went 12.0 others have been bottom 11s driver error ftl it's not the car
Old 05-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Banned

More exaggeration. Nothing hacked on my car. Not to 3100 with me yet either.....but I'm working on it. Your just to stupid to know the difference between lightening and dis-assembly.....go take your seats out some more dipshit. LOL....if I were that far off at the track like you claim I would've been busting my *** to get back to the track. Besides I went faster than you @ full weight and w/o drag wheels/tires.

You have a stock kmember with holes cut in it but yea nothing is hacked in your car bahahaha. I don't care to go back at this point for more then one reason.

So when are you gonna make fun of my motor swapped, gearbox swapped, wiring swapped, fuel system need, chassis reinforced, ported blower Mustang you dumbass. That's a real swap. You can't run with it either.

No need too you don't talk about it. Regardless tho I think it is funny how a Bolton 03 cobra swap is a REAL SWAP but your ls6 is what? Factory? lol

Yea.....where did I say 2.3??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

Damn that's gotta hurt when your own quotes is wrong. But thanks for proving autocock wrong.

But you were right when you said "we all assumed". Thanks for clearing that up.

Remember if I did **** like most others I would have a 12 sec 115mph ls6 f-body.
I am not wrong moron either way you look at it you are an idiot. You either mad a stupid claim about the ls6 and 2.3 and realized you could not back it up. Or you think that a ls6 is the only motor that can make more power on a bigger blower which is even worse. So either way you look at it you made a dumb post that made no ******* sense as usual.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think my biggest downfall is that my 2-step is currently set at only 3600 rpms. I had this set before I built the rear but never changed it. Maybe it is about time I bring that up to 5K. LOL!

Easily changed. Just never did it. (yea I am an idiot sometimes)
Old 05-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28th1s
Thanks!! Our cars have and still are surprising cars on the street and at the track.

This morning on the way home from wor I had a '90-'91 silver 5.0 5 speed LX hatch jump on me. He took the hit from a 60 roll and I quickly stopped his pull and put 7-8 car lengths on him to about 120 MPH.

The car seemed to be mostly stock. When he slowed down I said to him it doesn't run too bad a a V6 does it? He said that thing is a V6? I said yes a 3.7 liter V6. He said you totally dusted my ***!

Here are a couple of my other son's vids showcasing his driving ability.

Bolt on LS1 vs heads/Intake full bolt on 5.0 - YouTube

87 GT Powershifting at Drag Strip - YouTube
Very nice! Just goes to show what a good driver can do. He is even running that ET and trap with 250HP and 300Trq. I realize that that Fox is a light car but he is getting the most out of that car by driving it very well.
Maybe I will pass on our race...LOL
Old 05-18-2013, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

I have never understood why some people will stick their necks out and make claims about stuff that they know very little about.

If I don't know much about something (blowers and boost), I'm not going to try and make claims about it that are based off a gut feeling. I just won't say anything at all, or say that I am not familiar enough with it.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think my biggest downfall is that my 2-step is currently set at only 3600 rpms. I had this set before I built the rear but never changed it. Maybe it is about time I bring that up to 5K. LOL!

Easily changed. Just never did it. (yea I am an idiot sometimes)
Caleb set mine at 4500. Worked awesome, even on street tires.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Teching In

hell I think a abcdef cam would have a hard time running with that v6 even with heads.

Good runs foolin. Gotta watch those mustang guys.....they seem to need .....I mean have something up their sleeves....lol
I had a f cam in a stock 91 302 block, Edel non ported street heads and a Performer intake. never dynoed but at 3450 race weight it ran a best of 13.08 @ 109.8 with a 2.0 60 foot on Radial TAs... if anyone even knows wtf a Radial TA is, it's an R rated tire with no grip...

Do these 6 cyls run 110 mph and low 13s? If so I should start looking at them, The SS's barely run that in street form... lmao
Old 05-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OVRBRD
Do these 6 cyls run 110 mph and low 13s? If so I should start looking at them, The SS's barely run that in street form... lmao
With mods they do. Bone-stock they are high 13/low 14sec cars.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Coupe Dave
With mods they do. Bone-stock they are high 13/low 14sec cars.
check. I assumed the OP's car was stock, didnt think they ran 110 stock. He said 102, that is still very impressive imo.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Teching In

^Yes the base Mustang has came a long way.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
Caleb set mine at 4500. Worked awesome, even on street tires.

Mach 1 vs 1/4 mile - YouTube
Nice job on the launch GTOSpd! That RPM you suggested will be a good one to start with. Much better than 3600.
I will bring my SCT and adjust the 2-step rpm to see what works best.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice job on the launch GTOSpd! That RPM you suggested will be a good one to start with. Much better than 3600.
I will bring my SCT and adjust the 2-step rpm to see what works best.
You planning to come to Fayetteville? Looks like it will be cancelled tomorrow but next week I'm gonna bust down the gates and run even if it is raining.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Guitar
You planning to come to Fayetteville? Looks like it will be cancelled tomorrow but next week I'm gonna bust down the gates and run even if it is raining.
Yea, saw the forecast for tomorrow. It did not look to good but the weatherman seems to be wrong 90% of the times lately. LOL.

Technically, I have not put 500 miles on the new clutch yet due to either rain on the weekends or just working a lot of hours right now. I would like to come down though to run it but I will probably not drop it higher than 3500 rpms right now. I saw on FB that you guys had a good amount of guys going down. If it gets cancelled tomorrow and moves to next Sunday, I will take a ride down and meet up with you guys.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

x2
Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
Well in that case, the fact you think ALL blowers make the same HP at the same boost levels makes you look even more ridiculous. Stick to basic bolt-ons guy and you'll be fine.
did I say that????....No......You have no clue what I saying. My research has backed it up and it's been posted. The fact that some think one size blower fits all amuses me. Stick to nos.......they tell you what jets you need.
Because others have. I never had the mods he had so point irrelevant. Yea it went 12.0 others have been bottom 11s driver error ftl it's not the car
you suck
I am not wrong moron either way you look at it you are an idiot. You either mad a stupid claim about the ls6 and 2.3 and realized you could not back it up. Or you think that a ls6 is the only motor that can make more power on a bigger blower which is even worse. So either way you look at it you made a dumb post that made no ******* sense as usual.
your dumb
Originally Posted by OVRBRD
I had a f cam in a stock 91 302 block, Edel non ported street heads and a Performer intake. never dynoed but at 3450 race weight it ran a best of 13.08 @ 109.8 with a 2.0 60 foot on Radial TAs... if anyone even knows wtf a Radial TA is, it's an R rated tire with no grip...

Well it looks like the v6 has got you then. Just like I said.
Originally Posted by Coupe Dave
^Yes the base Mustang has came a long way.
Yes it has! I dated a girl that had a fox body 3.8......what a pos.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Guitar
If you can't get into the mid 11's with the new rear then you should sell your car asap.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Teching In

If you can't get into the mid 11's with the new rear then you should sell your car asap.
His car is quite capable but I think it will still take some practice to get there since he will have to get used to his new setup. Once he gets the launch down though, he will get there without a problem. IMO
Old 05-18-2013, 11:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not going to happen on the tires he's running.

Quick Reply: '12 3.7l v6 vs. H/C 347ci Fox