Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Is this a legit win?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Is this a legit win?

So... I got called out by a 500awhp evo 6. Guy makes me wait 1 hour.. I get bored decide to **** around with that TT z06 vette I ran against the camaro. Of course I get smoked but it's fun. Evo shows up. I was told before hand that it was going to be a roll race... in 2nd.

Typical evo owner won't let me get over 20mph I say what the hell I give him low roll he gives me another roll. He honks it off I slingshot in front of him hit 2nd and lose ALL semblance of traction and control. Car nearly takes his car out I let off he doesn't keeps going.

I say okay round 2 let's go higher roll.. NOPE. His friend gets in front of me and they start jabbering then his friend moves over and a cop shows up.... He tries to catch me lol I hit about 165mph and dust him. I then learn after he decided he'd never catch me he tried to cathch a 400whp evo who also dusts him (cops drive sentras).

I get back to spot and evo owner isn't there. Told my friend and everyone in a import group that there is nothing to try... Evo SMOKESSS the cadillac horrilby. I tell him that I let off he says no comments lots of spectators we all saw how he won bla bla bla. I tell him well let's go again higher roll he says 0 or nothing. I say okay let me get slicks he says nope only street tires.

Just ranting. Am a calm person but **** like this makes me mad as ****.

Cliffs:
500whp evo calls out cadi says roll
ends up being low roll
cadi almost wrecks evo lets off
evo continues claims he annihlated cadi
cops show up cadi goes on run
evo wont run again claims no reason to waste gas

/fume.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reading that hurt my head

Sounds like you agreed to his game and had to let out because of no traction..that was his game.

Whether him running you on sticky tires should have been negotiated before you ran him on regular street tires.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Heater
Reading that hurt my head

Sounds like you agreed to his game and had to let out because of no traction..that was his game.

Whether him running you on sticky tires should have been negotiated before you ran him on regular street tires.
lol im on a 50+ person whataspp group going inbetween english and spanish so my grammar today sucks.

I agreed to his game thinking I'd get a rematch with my game. It's usually how we run down here. I'll run you your way you run me my way, but the evo guys down here are infamous for doing it this way. I thought this guy was different because he was a close friends friend and my buddy vouched for him. Guess not!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's trying to race only his race. Should be both races. His and yours. Sounds like gay ****, but thats what it is sometimes.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

Let him talk..youll smoke him on the rematch..
Old 05-20-2013, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

I'm buying my slicks tomorrow. I got the welds from the 5th gen that apparently fit perfect on the V. Gonna order 4 28x10x17 full slicks.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Teching In

Run him on drag radials, those are street tires .
Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 AM
Banned

Sounds like a ricer move to me, by the EVO. Using a flawed race as a victory and refusing to rerun. Not to mention keeping on the gas after you clearly let off. Pretty much the same as a ricer fly by. And it's hilarious that he said you could only race him with steet tires. Better just get some ET ''Steets''.

IMO if you can't beat your opponent from any speed then you don't have the faster car.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Razor01Z28

IMO if you can't beat your opponent from any speed then you don't have the faster car.
Thats hard for me to agree with. Couple gt500 here beat me from lower rolls like 20-45. 55-65 I pull them. All by a car or so each way. And atvthe track I frieght train them by over a second and 5mph. The low roll their manual trans has better gear selection and there wtq with 3.73 gets them out quick. Im walking them down but we only go to 120 or do with me behind half car or car.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Staging Lane

But you have to admit comparing a race built evo that shows up stripped and with no passenger to a CTS-V (i showed up passenger and all) then changing stipulations of race is not very fair. It like if I show up and want to race a 3 speed nitrous 1/4 mile built foxbody from a 100 roll...

If I would have known that this would be a low roll I would of simply put on my friends DRs (he has 19" vette rims with brand new DRs). But since the race was said to be a 2nd gear roll I really didn't need them.

Oh well. Now the news is that I didn't let off... He just happened to freight train a car that out launched him.... Looking back I should have just ran into him.... Would have been less drama lol.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:41 AM
10 Second Club

That is why I always roll on tires or go swap them out as fast as I can! Heater knows... LOL! I learned that lesson a long time ago.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

i honestly dont know why ur surprised...this is exactly how 90% of "racers" act. just let it go in one ear and out the other.. simple way to shut him up is to wave a 1000 bucks in his face and tell him to put up or shut up. and with 600+whp ur first mod should have been DR's. u know this bro
Old 05-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
i honestly dont know why ur surprised...this is exactly how 90% of "racers" act. just let it go in one ear and out the other.. simple way to shut him up is to wave a 1000 bucks in his face and tell him to put up or shut up. and with 600+whp ur first mod should have been DR's. u know this bro
Yeah I should have got DRs but I am very lazy/laid back when it comes to racing. Only get mad when people mud story. Don't mind losing, just don't like some slow car saying he annihilated me when I clearly let off to not wreck his car.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

One on hand, run what you brung. Your car couldnt hold traction and you had to let out so he won. He is a douchecanoe though for not running you again from a higher roll. Personally my evo doesnt like 20 rolls. Wheel hop is a bitch.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Do I need to go quote all the things you said in the 100mph roll thread?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Yeah I should have got DRs but I am very lazy/laid back when it comes to racing. Only get mad when people mud story. Don't mind losing, just don't like some slow car saying he annihilated me when I clearly let off to not wreck his car.
well at the end of the day, life goes on and people talk ****..its just the way it is.

with all the bad *** cars u got id just laugh about it
Old 05-20-2013, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

Like someone else said, that's about a ricer as it gets imo. What a dick.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

I don't agree with that.

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
well at the end of the day, life goes on and people talk ****..its just the way it is.

with all the bad *** cars u got id just laugh about it
I agree.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Man that is total BS. if racing for money or at a track a blown run means you lost. On the street it means you either rerun it or the spinning driver decides that from that speed he would lose and then a roll race ensues.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

He's running his mouth all over country saying he smoked me by multiple bus lengths and that I never let off. Later tonight a friend who was behind and recorded is going to send me vid and I will post so you see how bad I spun and how I outlaunched him on my street tires lol.

Oh well. Just bought slicks and am going to get that 100 shot installed and call him out for $1,000. Going to tell him if he wins I will give him 1k if he loses he doesn't have to pay me, just to embarrass him.

Quick Reply: Is this a legit win?