Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Almost 400whp Evo vs. Turbo 10' SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

The torque measurement is really the killer, and RPM's. Also E85 is much nicer to these engines than pump gas. And more consistant. I can test my fuel at the pump and make sure its 85% ethanol, I cant test pump gas to see what octane it is. Mines not bulletproof but my AFR's are solid across the board and its tuned to where my torque level is on the low side. I could actually make more number out of this car on its current setup but id be really playing with fire. So basically, yeah its all in the tune. Im also extremely **** about my maintenance. I also dont run my car on the limiter all the time, if you drive the **** out of it itll go. Mine hardly sees over 6k rpm unless im racing someone worthwhile.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see some Evo fans on here. I had a IX MR a few years back that made 363/330 to the wheels, definitely a fun little car to drive...one of the best cars I've been in from a pure driving standpoint. Every punk high schooler and his civic always wanted to race it though.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Mine sounds mean enough most of the idiots leave it alone. If all else fails the two step usually scares them off.

Quick Reply: Almost 400whp Evo vs. Turbo 10' SS