Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1st Run in with Godzilla......

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trapping 122 in a bolt on LS2 vert? I don't see it unless you're running in negative DA. That's a hero run trap speed. I'd say 118-120 is more realistic.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:28 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by callmedoc
Beans, I know the rules, but I would never give the some of the jerks/losers on this forum the pleasure.

Evan, thanks man.

Audacious, thanks for the laugh. A guy with an LS1 GTO people can't give away on the used car market, and you tell me I should have got an LS3 Vette. LOL. Shoot, if I had a crystal ball all those years ago I got my Vette, I would have waited for a 427 Vert'. But anyway, I love my Vette the way it is and am thankful to have one. You act like its so difficult to make an LS2 Vette dust an LS3. A Vette Vert' was my dream car as a teen and it was my present to myself for all the hard work I put in. This is by no means my last sports car, but it's my 1st and I still love it after all these years I had it. I wouldnt change a thing....

NSSANE02, no I never got to run Steve and his 13' GT500. Havent had the time. I hope I can run him sometime soon. Wonder if it's still stock? Im going to give him a call. Anyway, get your car together and lets get a run in already before I supercharge my C6.

Geez, are you still butthurt that I have a ls3? The pressure washer will work well for that sand in your vagina.
And you are so knowledgable about the Gto market. Tell me, where do you get your information from? Same place where your car is faster than mine?

Looking at the fastest-bolt on list, the only ones I saw trapping around 122 had at least a FAST and drag radials. Every other headers, tune, exhaust car seemed to run around 119.
So good luck trapping 122 with your mods, make sure to submit your time slip to the "fast list" if you accomplish what you say you will.

Last edited by audacious nick; 06-06-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by callmedoc
6 mph; is that really unheard of for an LS2 Z51 6-speed C6 with Full Exhaust/Vararam/tune/SS/lighter wheels and over 4 yrs more years since then daily driving the thing?

I dont get this forum at all.
I'm sure those numbers are pretty unheard of for a convertible. Why don't you quit pretending you know how fast it is and actually find out how fast it is at the drag strip. Then maybe you can make us all believers...but most likely you won't trap what you think you will.

My brother's 114 mph GTO is a drivers race with a stock LS2 Z51 hardtop. I can bet my *** that same vette won't go 122 with headers/intake/tune.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Every other headers, tune, exhaust car seemed to run around 119.
I'll agree with this.

From what I've seen at my local track with friends cars, Corvettes usually need around 400whp (give or take) on street tires to pull a 118-119 trap. I've seen that on both C5's and C6's. This is at a sea-level track, maybe 30 mins from the beach.

It's hard to see those few mods getting you there. Two of the local cars that leap to mind are a 99 FRC with exhaust and a baby cam, made 399whp and ran 12.2 @ 118 on 295 street tires. The other is a 06 Coupe with full exhaust, a ported FAST 102 intake, and rocker/lifters/longer pushrods that made 390whp on a dyno that is known to read a bit low and ran 12.5 @ 119 (I think 120 ONCE) on bald 335 street tires.

EDIT: Just in case it gets brought up, this C6 is also a Z51.

EDIT 2: OP, all trap speed stabbing aside, it's too bad you didn't get the GTR run on video. No matter how it went down it would have been fun to have/watch. It sounds like everyone is referencing other 'kills' you have made, sounds like you need to roll with a gopro at the ready.

Last edited by madskater5; 06-07-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

A coworker of mine is picking up a 2013 GTR within the week. When he does.. we will be getting some runs in. Hoping i have enough to take down a stock car... the one i raced before was faster however.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:13 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

The new GTR is faster than a C6 Z06. How well can you hang with a Z06?
Old 06-07-2013, 11:20 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
A coworker of mine is picking up a 2013 GTR within the week. When he does.. we will be getting some runs in. Hoping i have enough to take down a stock car... the one i raced before was faster however.
I'd like to see that race. I think you'll have your hands full, but you'll run your car hard for sure. I want to get in a run with a GT-r to see how I do.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

The new GTR is faster than a C6 Z06. How well can you hang with a Z06?
I disagree with this statement. The new GTRs wouldnt take a C6Z. C6Zs trap roughly 3mph more then a stock 12-13 GTR in the same track conditions with the z06 being driven well. In comparison to a 2013 GT500... the C6Z makes a race of it... the GTR...not so much. As far as racing a C6Z... i havent. But my buddies 403ci SS is faster then a stock C6 Z and i have raced him. The one i already raced was faster then a stock 2013. Was an 11 with exhaust/tune/ and sadly... i found out had e85. Am i saying it was the faster GTR with those mods... no... but it was faster then a stock 13.
Originally Posted by willizm
I'd like to see that race. I think you'll have your hands full, but you'll run your car hard for sure. I want to get in a run with a GT-r to see how I do.
A stock GTR... wont be a race for you... not a chance lol. Its going to be a tight race for me... but... ive raced faster cars... and done well. So regardless of what happens.. i think everyone on here will be surprised...yet again lol

Last edited by evangto87; 06-07-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Teching In

A stock GTR... wont be a race for you... not a chance lol. Its going to be a tight race for me... but... ive raced faster cars... and done well. So regardless of what happens.. i think everyone on here will be surprised...yet again lol
I won't be surprised lol, you know how to drive the **** out of your car. I think it will be a close race, pushing for ya!

Back to topic, I need to get me a bolton ls2 z51 vert and go pull some gtr's.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:40 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Watch out, bro. He can probably hang with your Z06. He has bolt-ons!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Between beating a GTR to 130, indicating superior driving skills when compared to other vette owners (or possible factory freak), and rating one's own girlfriend a 10/10, I can't tell if you're for real or not. There's no way someone can be that full of himself.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Watch out, bro. He can probably hang with your Z06. He has bolt-ons!
He will probably run away from me, he pulled on a "modded" gtr. Ive had a dead even race from 40-160 w/ a 13 gt500, and walked a 13 gtr. I'm scared of his "122" trap ls2 vert!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

I disagree with this statement. The new GTRs wouldnt take a C6Z. C6Zs trap roughly 3mph more then a stock 12-13 GTR in the same track conditions with the z06 being driven well. In comparison to a 2013 GT500... the C6Z makes a race of it... the GTR...not so much. As far as racing a C6Z... i havent. But my buddies 403ci SS is faster then a stock C6 Z and i have raced him. The one i already raced was faster then a stock 2013. Was an 11 with exhaust/tune/ and sadly... i found out had e85. Am i saying it was the faster GTR with those mods... no... but it was faster then a stock 13.

If that GT-R you was really on E85, that was a sorry running car for it mods. Bolt on E85 GT-R's are easy 135mph cars, also you need Injectors and fuel pumps to run E85 in these cars. I don't know where you are getting that info but It doesn't add up.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Banned

I love all the butthurt that this guy's threads ensue. No car can hang with da almighty GT-ARE, yo!

The funniest part is that callmedoc LOST this race and he is still getting flamed by the blazing Ultra Violet Rays of SR&K.

Good death, OP. Maybe that kid with the GTR had nitrous? He might have thought he wouldn't need it against you, then turned it on when he realized your car was no slouch. That's what I initially thought when you said that he flew by you at the very end like that.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Razor01Z28
I love all the butthurt that this guy's threads ensue. No car can hang with da almighty GT-ARE, yo!

The funniest part is that callmedoc LOST this race and he is still getting flamed by the blazing Ultra Violet Rays of SR&K.

Good death, OP. Maybe that kid with the GTR had nitrous? He might have thought he wouldn't need it against you, then turned it on when he realized your car was no slouch. That's what I initially thought when you said that he flew by you at the very end like that.
^Is this real?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:50 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Lol, see this is the problem with being the faster car and messing with a slower car. When you finally get on it, they think you need nitrous.
But then again, Razor is dumb.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes it is real, meet razor, a troll who apparently has a hard on for cameldoc, no matter what car you drive he will claim his car is faster, with no proof to back it up, and will consistently contradict himself, go ahead do yourself a favor and put him on your ignore list, this forum will be a much more pleasant place for you if you do
Old 06-07-2013, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't doubt this story, driver and all, but the thing that does bother me is the rip into 4th and the HUD display speeds. A C6Z is good for:

1st: 60
2nd: 85
3rd: 120
4th: 160
5th: 198

So, did you rip into 4th early seeing 110, 115, etc?
If so, that may have been why he got the run on you.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Razor01Z28

Razor, I know man. It's funny how many butthurt people come out of the woodwork in my threads. The only thing that shows through is their own insecurities. It's pretty comical. I was saying the same thing to myself about the nitrous but wasnt sure how many people put nitrous on their GTR. All of a sudden his exhaust/car got A LOT louder and he came around me right when I hit the power band of 4th. I thought he was going to come around me at the beginning of 4th gear from the 110-125 range, not at 130. I couldnt make sense of it unless he really was out of gear (but he was clearly downshifting before we started and he seemed like he was in gear). I've been searching youtube everyday for the passenger's vid, but looks like he is embarrassed to post it.

srt6xf, let me just summarize what you're trying to do/prove here: You're the man because you have a Z06. Don't worry, after my lowly Z51 LS2 Vert' can dust your Z06 topless, or I have multiple cars in my garage that will dust your Z06, you will still be the man.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't doubt this story, driver and all, but the thing that does bother me is the rip into 4th and the HUD display speeds. A C6Z is good for:

By Gear:
1st: 60
2nd: 85
3rd: 120
4th: 160
5th: 198

So, did you rip into 4th early seeing 110, 115, etc?
If so, that may have been why he got the run on you.

Quick Reply: 1st Run in with Godzilla......