Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

14 Viper vs 10 GTR

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 08:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
That car has 345's out back, pss tires, and a long first gear. He will be ok.
Actually they have 355s and they come with Pirelli PZeros regulars unless you get the track package which have the Pirelli Pzero Corsas. The regular PZeros suck
Old 06-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
Actually they have 355s and they come with Pirelli PZeros regulars unless you get the track package which have the Pirelli Pzero Corsas. The regular PZeros suck
That Viper had the track pack, so those were Corsas.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What mods were done to the GTR.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kainedogg
What mods were done to the GTR.
Did you not watch the video?
Old 06-22-2013, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by odthetruth
2014 Viper, bone stock, doesn't make 600+rwhp. More like 550. Why is it any car, when its up against a GTR, makes more power then it should somehow, and then when it takes a loss, its like "GTR can hang with vipers even with a 100whp difference". LOL

Either way, first 2 were good runs. 3rd run sucked and looked like GTR waved him and took the hit, and the Viper wasn't paying attention until after he lost the hit
LOL what are you talking about. According to the people who made the video, the Viper owner told them that, so bring up the issue to the Viper owner. The GT-R did pretty well either way. A GT-R with those mods is making 500whp (still on stock injectors). So whether the Viper made 40, 50 or a 100whp more the GT-R did good despite that. Vipers are impressive machines but come on, can't you respect the GT-R?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
That Viper had the track pack, so those were Corsas.
Thanks for clearing that up
Old 06-22-2013, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Viper > GTR
Old 06-23-2013, 06:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Did you not watch the video?
No. Could not access it at work.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Viper > GTR
Apparently not in this video. GT-R: 2 Viper: 1
Old 06-23-2013, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

Only joking lol. Id take ether car both good cars. But better tires on the viper would of been different.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Apparently not in this video. GT-R: 2 Viper: 1
The viper is CLEARLY the FASTER car in these videos. Regardless of HOW the GTR won...
Old 06-24-2013, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
GTR ran good. I love the new Vipers... IMO the C7 and Viper went for the same look... and the Viper won...by a long shot lol
Correct!

Stock 2014 Viper makes 600+whp? Hmm... not so much. Definitely looked like the Viper was the faster car.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Teching In

awesome to see the new viper in action. GTR is an amazing car but that new viper is badss.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

LOL what are you talking about. According to the people who made the video, the Viper owner told them that, so bring up the issue to the Viper owner. The GT-R did pretty well either way. A GT-R with those mods is making 500whp (still on stock injectors). So whether the Viper made 40, 50 or a 100whp more the GT-R did good despite that. Vipers are impressive machines but come on, can't you respect the GT-R?
Stock viper (as its listed in the vid) wouldn't put down 600+whp even on a dynojet. Agree or disagree?
One of those rolls looks like the GTR owner waved him and then took the hit, agree or disagree?

I've had respect for the GTR since its release in 09. Its the bullshitting by some of the owners and the 'myth' behind it that gets no respect from me. Don't get me mistaken with any of the fanboys here. I just don't tolerate the bullshit as much. You have to be kidding to think that a stock viper puts down 600+whp.

Would you even count the 3rd run as a clean run? What constitutes a clean run for you? As long as you hit the gas, its a clean run? Even if you go on the 2nd honk? Even if there is no honk and you just steal the hit? What about if you wave at the guy and then hit the gas... is that a clean run?

Come on... can't you respect the fact there was some bullshit in the vid. Not a huge amount, and the GTR did take 1 of those rolls clean... but that 3rd one... really?

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
The viper is CLEARLY the FASTER car in these videos. Regardless of HOW the GTR won...
Just barely it seems, but I agree.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

2014 Viper, bone stock, doesn't make 600+rwhp. More like 550. Why is it any car, when its up against a GTR, makes more power then it should somehow, and then when it takes a loss, its like "GTR can hang with vipers even with a 100whp difference". LOL

Either way, first 2 were good runs. 3rd run sucked and looked like GTR waved him and took the hit, and the Viper wasn't paying attention until after he lost the hit
I agree with all of this. Plus the website on the following link also tested a stock c5 z06 and got 385rwhp stock.

http://floost.com/insideline-post-dy...te-zr1-1618977
Old 06-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Just barely it seems, but I agree.
Totally agree with everything you said...

By clearly I didnt mean "much" faster. Just that it was obvious it was the faster of the two albeit not by much...
Old 06-29-2013, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

Stock viper (as its listed in the vid) wouldn't put down 600+whp even on a dynojet. Agree or disagree?
I disagree see below.

One of those rolls looks like the GTR owner waved him and then took the hit, agree or disagree?
I've had respect for the GTR since its release in 09. Its the bullshitting by some of the owners and the 'myth' behind it that gets no respect from me. Don't get me mistaken with any of the fanboys here. I just don't tolerate the bullshit as much. You have to be kidding to think that a stock viper puts down 600+whp.
I think that on certain dynos it would make 600whp. It all depends on the dyno. It all depends on the dyno. Dynos are a tool, and they all read differently. Some read higher than others, in some cases I would think the Viper would in fact do that.

Would you even count the 3rd run as a clean run? What constitutes a clean run for you? As long as you hit the gas, its a clean run? Even if you go on the 2nd honk? Even if there is no honk and you just steal the hit? What about if you wave at the guy and then hit the gas... is that a clean run?

Come on... can't you respect the fact there was some bullshit in the vid. Not a huge amount, and the GTR did take 1 of those rolls clean... but that 3rd one... really?
The second run the Viper took the hit and the GT-R was playing catch up and then the GT-R got the win on that one. I would say that was a clean run.

As for the argument of which one is faster or not, the Viper should be the faster of the two as with the mods that the GT-R has (Off the shelf tune, 2.75" intakes and midpipe) That car would be making 500whp at the very most, most likely making 480-490whp.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:26 AM
TECH Regular

What viper has ever put down 600whp stock? The 2014s put down around 550 rwhp. 600 to the wheels on that viper and the GTR would be seeing some tail lights.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Its like saying a stock 5th gen is putting down 425rwhp stock...c'mon. 600 is not happening unless on a bsing dyno.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
What viper has ever put down 600whp stock? The 2014s put down around 550 rwhp. 600 to the wheels on that viper and the GTR would be seeing some tail lights.
This is my point.

I disagree see below.

I think that on certain dynos it would make 600whp. It all depends on the dyno. It all depends on the dyno. Dynos are a tool, and they all read differently. Some read higher than others, in some cases I would think the Viper would in fact do that.

The second run the Viper took the hit and the GT-R was playing catch up and then the GT-R got the win on that one. I would say that was a clean run.

As for the argument of which one is faster or not, the Viper should be the faster of the two as with the mods that the GT-R has (Off the shelf tune, 2.75" intakes and midpipe) That car would be making 500whp at the very most, most likely making 480-490whp.
I agree. they are a tool and they do read differently.
If I use your logic you just used on the Viper... I can say that the GTR was making easily over 500whp, because dynos are a tool and read all over the place and are incorrect and never have an average. Or do they? And if they do, where on earth does a Viper average 600+whp?

You can expect a mustang dyno or dynodynamics to read lower then a dynojet because of the other variables that go into the dyno... but NO STOCK VIPER will make 600+whp... on ANY dyno, unless its been severely tampered with or its broken. Most anyone here will agree they will make 550ish rwhp. I wouldn't doubt your claim of ~500whp on the GTR. From the 60 roll, it looked about that the first run, and from the 30 roll, I'm sure the GTR had the advantage in traction that the Viper couldn't make up. Maybe its in a better spot at 30? Who knows.

I'm not arguing the 2nd run. I'm arguing the 3rd run, which looks like a horrible run, and definitely not a clean run.

You're saying the 3rd run was clean? You're saying a stock viper dynos 600+rwhp? Is this only when its up against a GTR? Why do GTRs only dyno BARELY xyz rwhp when they're up against cars making 600rwhp?

Thats my point. Why is it the GTR is a feeble weak car in comparison, and then runs down the car thats making 150+whp more. LOL Its ridiculous.

GTR making 500whp, Viper making 550whp, 60 roll Viper, 30 roll GTR, last roll garbage. /end

Quick Reply: 14 Viper vs 10 GTR