Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Rematch Vids: 750 vs Busa

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Good point but to call a Gen 1 Busa a "turd" like you did in a previous post is going too far in my opinion when those old 1999+ bikes can still (as you said) give many new liter bikes a run for their money and for damn sure are faster than any current 750cc bike PERIOD! I wouldn't call them the "LT1's" either, more like the LS1 of bikes. Like the Gen 1 Busa, an LS1 can still keep up or outrun a large majority of newer performance-oriented vehicles where as the LT1 will get its handed to it by a Hyundai Genesis or a new V6 Accord. I agree they're old news but still very relevant bikes
Good post.. And I agree..
Anything that runs 9.90s@140 stock with the most average rider is not slow.... And most liter bikes will not run that ET without the basic drag mods.. Especially with average riders.

Granted the power to weight ratio is much better on the new liter bikes and they have the potential for some serious ET/MPH.. But you can't discredit what set the bar so long ago... And with less then $2k in mods will out trap the quickest liter bikes out there..

That being said, I'm wrapping up the sale of my 01' 1000 (which runs 9.80s stock wheelbase btw so another out dated turd) and will be buying an S1000rr in Sept. Hopefully I won't be dissappointed.

Quick Reply: Rematch Vids: 750 vs Busa