Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ZR1 vs GTR with Big Turbos

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh look... a jackass GTR owner... Im shocked.

On another note... setup that ZR1 up to hook from a 10 mph roll or even a dig... then squash the GTR from HIS race.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by evangto87
Oh look... a jackass GTR owner... Im shocked.

On another note... setup that ZR1 up to hook from a 10 mph roll or even a dig... then squash the GTR from HIS race.
I doubt it would win from a dig. Also GT-R guy is the exception not the rule.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Interesting quote from another forum I agree with:

lol, when a supra wants a 60mph roll race they are a ricer, when a vette wants a roll race.....................................
Old 07-01-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

What a ******* bitch. Thats the type of tool bag I'd want to walk up to after the race and knock his damn teeth in after seeing the vid from his car.

Never cared much for GTR's, never will. Bad *** ZR1. At least the vette owner can walk away knowing he isn't a huge duesh.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheHitman
You underestimate what a RWD car can do when it 100% can hook from any speed or gear. This ZR1 shouldnt put any more time or money into hp... set that thing up to hook. So when a GTR, evo, or whatever AWD wants to try to pick on a big hp RWD car from a low roll or dig, he wont have any problems abliging.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Teching In

You underestimate what a RWD car can do when it 100% can hook from any speed or gear. This ZR1 shouldnt put any more time or money into hp... set that thing up to hook. So when a GTR, evo, or whatever AWD wants to try to pick on a big hp RWD car from a low roll or dig, he wont have any problems abliging.
Yeah seriously. Especially when they ask for a 60 roll. Its not a Honda.

I mean, I never refuse if that's what they want though
Old 07-01-2013, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well you're a douche, so that makes two from this thread so far...
Old 07-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Launching!

i'd love to see a rematch at multiple speeds. i think it'll be closer than what we just saw...
Old 07-01-2013, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Guitar
Well you're a douche, so that makes two from this thread so far...
Well that's your opinion. Thanks for playing.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Not underestimating anything here. One thing you fail to realize is a GT-R or AWD vehicle doesn't need to adjust it's traction set up to run well on pavement, prepped track or anything. It can perform well from a dig or a low roll fine.

As for high rolls, the bottom line is both cars wanted to exploit where there cars do the best. The ZR1 wanted the high roll and the GT-R wanted to low roll so at the end of the day they wanted the same thing, to win. The GT-R owner, despite being a douche won that day, **** happens.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not underestimating anything here. One thing you fail to realize is a GT-R or AWD vehicle doesn't need to adjust it's traction set up to run well on pavement, prepped track or anything. It can perform well from a dig or a low roll fine.

As for high rolls, the bottom line is both cars wanted to exploit where there cars do the best. The ZR1 wanted the high roll and the GT-R wanted to low roll so at the end of the day they wanted the same thing, to win. The GT-R owner, despite being a douche won that day, **** happens.
Im fully capable of understanding that... RWD has been around since the model T. Any car setup correctly will have no issues hooking with 600whp. I have still yet to see ANY GTR or AWD car duplicate the 60 foots of a setup RWD car. Hell even the latest alpha 12 record car still only cut a 1.4X 60 ft. My buddies NA LT1 has cut 1.28 60 fts off the foot brake.

Which brings me back to my original statement. Set the ZR1 up to actually HOOK.. and no i dont mean roll into the throttle or any of that bs. I mean beat the **** out of the transmission/driveline with your foot to the floor from a dead stop or low roll. If you do a 30 roll and cant put the gas pedal to the floor and hit second as fast as you can without breaking any tire....then more HP is not your answer. While my car makes 150whp less then this ZR1, it still hooks like it only makes 200hp. I know i can add quite a bit more power and not worry about traction being an issue.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Regular

A 10 roll would be retarded to do in a car that goes to a little over 60 in 1st and has all that instant tq. At that point me literally would be better off doing a dig lol
Old 07-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Does everybody forget that you had a badass turbo vette before the GT-R? It's like all of a sudden you have a Nissan so you're ricer trash. It isn't like you're an import nut-hugger who hates domestic muscle.

I'm no GT-R lover but Jesus...****'s pretty ridiculous
Old 07-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

GTR's rape.. probably my next ride
Old 07-01-2013, 06:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Im fully capable of understanding that... RWD has been around since the model T. Any car setup correctly will have no issues hooking with 600whp. I have still yet to see ANY GTR or AWD car duplicate the 60 foots of a setup RWD car. Hell even the latest alpha 12 record car still only cut a 1.4X 60 ft. My buddies NA LT1 has cut 1.28 60 fts off the foot .
I cut 1.4 60ft 640whp. With the engine getting built and trans tuning getting perfect I hope to drop a lot of ET. Still full weight and thinking running an 18" full time even for track duty. All I want is lower to mid 9's like I drive everyday.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Does everybody forget that you had a badass turbo vette before the GT-R? It's like all of a sudden you have a Nissan so you're ricer trash. It isn't like you're an import nut-hugger who hates domestic muscle.

I'm no GT-R lover but Jesus...****'s pretty ridiculous
Couple corrections,...it was a supercharged corvette, and a supra. And now, A GTR. Sounds like some fucked up fast and furious movie. Typical thing with most high powered vette owners/drivers, they can't drive. So if they can afford it, they go auto, if not, they sell it and buy a GTR. Then you have supras. Everyone knows, the majority of them, all run twelves. Especially if you,..wait for it,....can't drive. So, you get beat, by a gtr. Then,..you sell them both,..and boom, GTR for life, YO. Super Uber, Sven.

That's my take on it,..could give a **** what the real story is.

Originally Posted by Camper
GTR's rape.. probably my next ride
Anyways.

This douche in this video is in my neck of the woods....will def be on the look out for him.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Couple corrections,...it was a supercharged corvette, and a supra. And now, A GTR. Sounds like some fucked up fast and furious movie. Typical thing with most high powered vette owners/drivers, they can't drive. So if they can afford it, they go auto, if not, they sell it and buy a GTR. Then you have supras. Everyone knows, the majority of them, all run twelves. Especially if you,..wait for it,....can't drive. So, you get beat, by a gtr. Then,..you sell them both,..and boom, GTR for life, YO. Super Uber, Sven.

Anyways.

This douche in this video is in my neck of the woods....will def be on the look out for him.
Oh yeah, supercharged. Couldn't give a **** less, either way it's not like he has only owned imports and talks down about domestics.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Im fully capable of understanding that... RWD has been around since the model T. Any car setup correctly will have no issues hooking with 600whp. I have still yet to see ANY GTR or AWD car duplicate the 60 foots of a setup RWD car. Hell even the latest alpha 12 record car still only cut a 1.4X 60 ft. My buddies NA LT1 has cut 1.28 60 fts off the foot brake.

Which brings me back to my original statement. Set the ZR1 up to actually HOOK.. and no i dont mean roll into the throttle or any of that bs. I mean beat the **** out of the transmission/driveline with your foot to the floor from a dead stop or low roll. If you do a 30 roll and cant put the gas pedal to the floor and hit second as fast as you can without breaking any tire....then more HP is not your answer. While my car makes 150whp less then this ZR1, it still hooks like it only makes 200hp. I know i can add quite a bit more power and not worry about traction being an issue.
Don't get me wrong. A RWD car will 60' better than an AWD car. Outlaw 275 cars 60' and 8th better than the fastest R35 GT-R in the world. What I'm saying is that AWD gives versatility and traction in ALL conditions. It gets tough to do that with a RWD car. That foxbody that beat up that GT-R in the TRC video pretty badly would get eaten alive on a prepped track if the set up is not properly adjusted.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

Anyways.

I think you got the bolded portion backwards. A built auto would have been like 3 grand. Funny Generalization by the way. I know you're not a grudge racer but I've yet to see **** from your car.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:47 AM
TECH Regular

Why is the thread titled GTR with Big Turbos? lol. They are relatively small as far as aftermarket turbos go.

Anyways, that GTR owner was a jerkoff.

Quick Reply: ZR1 vs GTR with Big Turbos