Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ZR1 vs GTR with Big Turbos

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013 | 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
What a ******* bitch. Thats the type of tool bag I'd want to walk up to after the race and knock his damn teeth in after seeing the vid from his car.

Never cared much for GTR's, never will. Bad *** ZR1. At least the vette owner can walk away knowing he isn't a huge duesh.
I agree and disagree, Ride in a GTR, they are cool, fast and fun, Just like mustangs and Mullet camaro owners, the People behind the car makes the car look like a Major TOOL.

I have a friend with a GTR (1200+ HP) Micheal, went 8's at TX2K13, Sick ride, very cool guy, I meet another guy named Todd at Ga 1/2 mile shootout, he let me ride in his car to 151 mph in a half mile from a standing start. The owners make the cars look bad, Especially when they pull the ricer screaming sandy Vag move.
Old 07-02-2013 | 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Now Don't get me wrong , I love me some vettes , ......I'm ok with the gtrs,
But I don't see how everyone thinks the vette "will win" from a higher roll? i mean from the time the vette "got traction" he got pulled. i waited until i KNEW the vette was hooked before i started freezing the frames. What are you guys seeing I'm not?

Vette AFTER spinning.

shifting through the gears.

The Moment the GTR let off.

So where am i seeing that the vette will smoke him ? Vette is sexy as FUUUUUUQ by the way.
Old 07-02-2013 | 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default race

Originally Posted by Camper
wow... remind those kids its just a race
remind them how to count to three....
Old 07-02-2013 | 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by snake95
Oh yeah, supercharged. Couldn't give a **** less, either way it's not like he has only owned imports and talks down about domestics.

..just saying. ..not disagreeing from you.

Originally Posted by TheHitman
I think you got the bolded portion backwards. A built auto would have been like 3 grand. Funny Generalization by the way. I know you're not a grudge racer but I've yet to see **** from your car.
You've been out of the game for a while now it seems....full auto conversions are closer to 10 grand or more. Bottom line, people buy GTR's for the autopilot mod,...am I wrong?

It's common man, don't misunderstand where I am going with this. People that go out and buy, 600/700/800/1000 hp cars,...don't always know what they are getting into. That amount of hp in a rear drive car, you better be on your A game at all times. How many vettes have we seen go 12's making 800rwhp? How many supras? Vipers? LOTSSS. Granted, when you get someone talented behind the wheel, the cars shine....but, someone with lesser abilities,...or ALL POWA, no suspension,..etc,...sure, your gonna ******* suck at life when it comes to getting it done at the track or on race day on the streets.

What where your HP numbers on the supra, and the vette? What was your track times? Win any races? Any vids? What kind of clutch(s) did you run?

Not easy, I know. Thats why the awd crowd,...or, awd auto transmission guys, are doing well,...or better then most I should say,..because it requires little skill to get it done. Nothing wrong with that,..all about the setup....but,..the guys that stick it out,,..,the guys that stay manual, or plant the power on the street/track,..and don't sell out and go the GTR route...those are the super stars.

As far as my car putting in work...just cause you can't see stealth aircraft, doesn't mean they ain't there, ready to drop a bomb on your unsuspecting ***. Point is, I do well to keep the car as low key as possible. No need to advertise everything....the locals know,... thats good enough for me. Keep your popcorn warm though,..it will soon change as we have some big plans for 2014 with a few of our cars and some national coverage. So,..sit back and wait, or sit back and hate.

Either way, we're still coming.
Old 07-02-2013 | 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by stockz
I agree and disagree, Ride in a GTR, they are cool, fast and fun, Just like mustangs and Mullet camaro owners, the People behind the car makes the car look like a Major TOOL.

I have a friend with a GTR (1200+ HP) Micheal, went 8's at TX2K13, Sick ride, very cool guy, I meet another guy named Todd at Ga 1/2 mile shootout, he let me ride in his car to 151 mph in a half mile from a standing start. The owners make the cars look bad, Especially when they pull the ricer screaming sandy Vag move.
..people can be cool, those cars will always be gay.
Old 07-02-2013 | 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Steve C.
Why is the thread titled GTR with Big Turbos? lol. They are relatively small as far as aftermarket turbos go.

Anyways, that GTR owner was a jerkoff.
That's what I was saying. He only made 620whp lol.
Old 07-02-2013 | 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
..just saying. ..not disagreeing from you.

You've been out of the game for a while now it seems....full auto conversions are closer to 10 grand or more. Bottom line, people buy GTR's for the autopilot mod,...am I wrong?

It's common man, don't misunderstand where I am going with this. People that go out and buy, 600/700/800/1000 hp cars,...don't always know what they are getting into. That amount of hp in a rear drive car, you better be on your A game at all times. How many vettes have we seen go 12's making 800rwhp? How many supras? Vipers? LOTSSS. Granted, when you get someone talented behind the wheel, the cars shine....but, someone with lesser abilities,...or ALL POWA, no suspension,..etc,...sure, your gonna ******* suck at life when it comes to getting it done at the track or on race day on the streets.

What where your HP numbers on the supra, and the vette? What was your track times? Win any races? Any vids? What kind of clutch(s) did you run?

Not easy, I know. Thats why the awd crowd,...or, awd auto transmission guys, are doing well,...or better then most I should say,..because it requires little skill to get it done. Nothing wrong with that,..all about the setup....but,..the guys that stick it out,,..,the guys that stay manual, or plant the power on the street/track,..and don't sell out and go the GTR route...those are the super stars.

As far as my car putting in work...just cause you can't see stealth aircraft, doesn't mean they ain't there, ready to drop a bomb on your unsuspecting ***. Point is, I do well to keep the car as low key as possible. No need to advertise everything....the locals know,... thats good enough for me. Keep your popcorn warm though,..it will soon change as we have some big plans for 2014 with a few of our cars and some national coverage. So,..sit back and wait, or sit back and hate.

Either way, we're still coming.
I'm not gonna lie I've only seen 11's in both the Vette and Supra.
Old 07-02-2013 | 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TheHitman
I'm not gonna lie I've only seen 11's in both the Vette and Supra.

That's the norm. Happens all the time. It takes a lot to get them to go quick... often people get frustrated, and get something more ,..eh, easier to control/use.
Old 07-02-2013 | 03:17 PM
Teching In

Well the GTR owner posted his in car video titled "full bolt on ZR1". We all know that is far from it.
Old 07-02-2013 | 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mini_me
Well the GTR owner posted his in car video titled "full bolt on ZR1". We all know that is far from it.
Not at all. I've driven that car before,..it's mostly stock lol. And it is amazing....the most amazing near stock vehicle I have ever driven actually.

Love those ZR1's.
Old 07-02-2013 | 05:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TrickrTreat
So where am i seeing that the vette will smoke him ? Vette is sexy as FUUUUUUQ by the way.
My own personal experience has been that if you're spinning or miss the hit you are going to be playing chase regardless, specially if the cars are above 600whp. I once ran a 700+ whp C5 Z06 and on the first race I missed the hit and the Vette pulled away and kept on pulling. Second race was an even start and pretty even thoughout until my lazy shift into 5th

I'm willing to bet a 50 or 60 roll would give the ZR1 the win to at least the top of 4th gear.

*EDIT* Notice the lack of school girl screaming in the video.
Old 07-02-2013 | 05:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TrickrTreat
Now Don't get me wrong , I love me some vettes , ......I'm ok with the gtrs,
But I don't see how everyone thinks the vette "will win" from a higher roll? i mean from the time the vette "got traction" he got pulled. i waited until i KNEW the vette was hooked before i started freezing the frames. What are you guys seeing I'm not?

Vette AFTER spinning.

shifting through the gears.

The Moment the GTR let off.

Because of the Red Devil Corvette video.
Old 07-02-2013 | 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vtakillr
Because of the Red Devil Corvette video.
LOL because that happens in all cases?
Old 07-04-2013 | 04:31 AM
Teching In

It's called momentum people! Very simple to understand that once you spin, its going to be my harder to stop the other car's pull than if you both hooked.
Old 07-04-2013 | 10:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mini_me
It's called momentum people! Very simple to understand that once you spin, its going to be my harder to stop the other car's pull than if you both hooked.
ding ding. This guy has it. Not to mention the GTR started from 3-5mph faster than the vette as well. But, the ZR1 driver agreed to it so its his loss.

And wow, the kids in the GTR are ****** queers.
Old 07-10-2013 | 10:03 PM
Teching In

Lol at the "Corvette suck my f***ing d***" quote by the GT-R kids. That *** clown wouldn't even make it off the line without stalling that ZR1 if he had to drive it. Classic case of cool car, lame owner.

I have to agree with TrickrTreat, I just couldn't seem to see the Corvette gaining much ground after all the spinning. Maybe if they ran it out longer, who knows. Would like to see more and would like to see the ******** in the GT-R get demolished quite honestly. All things considered, the GT-R still took like a really weird flyby hit. I think if all things were equal and they ran it out the ZR1 could edge out.
Old 07-10-2013 | 10:15 PM
Banned

that GTR guy was kinda being a turd with the flashers but no doubt it is fast!

Quick Reply: ZR1 vs GTR with Big Turbos