Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

How do you like your street races started?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Highway (roll): I hate honking. I like the line-up, obvious downshift, wait a couple of seconds, then go. Or go as soon as you hear other guy go WOT. If your running manual vs. a turbo (or automatic not in optimal gear) let them go first because the lag will even out the ~1/4 second advantage. Either way, unless someone is sleeping or in the wrong gear, "from a roll" races usually turn out the same, no matter who steals the ~1/4 second advantage.

Traffic Lights (dig): Tie up traffic creeping while waiting for the stale green to turn red. Get to line promptly and its on when it goes green.

Secluded areas (dig): Another racer drops arm('s) to go. When you don't have a flag -person, agree on who leaves first. Advantage ~2 car lengths to the early leave. If re-race is requested/required, switch who leaves first to verify outcome.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
that is exactly what i was thinkin.
Me too
Old 04-30-2004, 07:28 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just pop my head out the T-top and yell "GO ALREADY!" with a crazed look, foaming at the mouth...
Old 04-30-2004, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I just pop my head out the T-top and yell "GO ALREADY!" with a crazed look, foaming at the mouth...
LOL
Old 04-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

I usually just pace next to the car, maybe gas it a little to let them know i want to race, i usually let them launch first then i'll take off as soon as i hear it. If a girl started my races by flashing i would probably hit something cause all i would be looking at is the topless girl infront of me.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:31 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6T/A98
This is the best way people. Listen up, you get a hot chick on the sideline. You give her a gun, and with the first shot in the air, you go
Did you move to canada from Texas??

ROTFL!!!!
Old 05-01-2004, 06:57 PM
STF Veteran

LOL Damn!!
Old 05-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cudaeh
the best way we ever started a race was having a girl stand between the cars about 10 feet ahead and she took off her bikini top, when we saw nip we would hit it.
for roling starts if its me and some one i know.. we normaly pace each other till we hit an innersection after we hit the white line that your supposed to stop behind we punch it. but if we are racing strangers every one seems to understand the 3 honk idea.
So ya see nip and hit it........thats cool, but how do ya start the race?????
Old 05-02-2004, 02:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

I prefer the three honk method evenly timed.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Everyone does the three honk method. Occasionally, if someones really cocky, i'll just give them the move.....just makes the kill that much worse
Old 05-02-2004, 03:16 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Venkman
Everyone does the three honk method. Occasionally, if someones really cocky, i'll just give them the move.....just makes the kill that much worse
I usually just give the other guy the move. Give them alittle "after you" type hand gesture, and let em go.

Three honks always seems to be a waste of time, and someone always seems to jump before the third honk.

A race from a stoplight to a sign, or something which is agreed on ahead of time, is my preferred method ... but it usually doesn't work out like that.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
I usually just give the other guy the move. Give them alittle "after you" type hand gesture, and let em go.

Three honks always seems to be a waste of time, and someone always seems to jump before the third honk.

A race from a stoplight to a sign, or something which is agreed on ahead of time, is my preferred method ... but it usually doesn't work out like that.

Nobody here goes from a stop....consequently austin is also the supra capitol

connection?.......lol
Old 05-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cudaeh
the best way we ever started a race was having a girl stand between the cars about 10 feet ahead and she took off her bikini top, when we saw nip we would hit it.

Thats my favorite way to have a race started.