Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

El tipo es tremendo sapingo
Old 08-03-2013, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like "Big Hammer" called that one…
Old 08-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OVA1
Looks like "Big Hammer" called that one…

Um okay.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
So you built a LT1 with almost 400 CI and only run 90 MPH in the 1/8th......

I'd be on my way to drive that thing off a cliff like yesterday
Well, you may not realize that while trap speed is fun to talk about, what counts is who shows up first.

I get the sense that you aren't all that familiar with the concept, so for your edification, I provide you with a video of what that looks likes…

Old 08-03-2013, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, you may not realize that while trap speed is fun to talk about, what counts is who shows up first.

I get the sense that you aren't all that familiar with the concept, so for your edification, I provide you with a video of what that looks likes…
[/url]
Well i wasnt going to say anything but that statement came off as a bit arrogant.

All i saw in that video was a weak launch/bog and what looks to be a bolt on ls1 f body ET/trap.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by evangto87
Well i wasnt going to say anything but that statement came off as a bit arrogant.

All i saw in that video was a weak launch/bog and what looks to be a bolt on ls1 f body ET/trap.
lmao this. Its so annoying to see people with crazy $ dumped into cars then it runs like **** and then they justify it by saying YEAH BRO BUT LOOK HOW IT ETs. Lmao as if dumping a **** load of $ into the motor made it ET better.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

I think OP's car and a built 2V would be a good race.

LoL, this is prime example of why I compare LT1's to 2V's.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Yep… well most of that is true. The statement was arrogant, I was going for 'dripping', but I think I fell a tad short….

The launch sucked, as the stage prep sucked, the nittos won't hold, thus ya can't preload… and absent the preload, there's not much chance of gettin' out of the whole 'well'. So what ya saw there was a 1.75 60' that was delivered through simply driving out of the hole. And it wasn't a 'bog', she naturally broke loose, so I had to get out of it, then finesse it back out, again.

And finally… let's be honest here… there's never been a full weight bolt-on LS anything that's hit those numbers. Unless there's something in physics which just makes 'em run 7/10s slower than that down here… which seems fairly unlikely to me.

I understand that you were just trying to be arrogant… despite the glaring deficits ya seem to have in that department, but to bring it back to the POINT… the MPH is NOT as important as getting to the finish line first.

I honestly didn't think I'd get a lot of blow back on that point. But this IS the internet and there's always SOMEONE that will argue about ANYTHING.

Last edited by OVA1; 08-03-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
I think OP's car and a built 2V would be a good race.

LoL, this is prime example of why I compare LT1's to 2V's.

ROFL! Adorable…
Old 08-03-2013, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

IMO, whichever one has the better cylinder head will win the race. Both heads suck bone stock... especially the 2Vs.

My buddies crate motor entry level Golen 396ci LT1 trapped 119mph with 4.10s and a 3000 converter. Cam was also a great deal smaller then this guys as well. But that motor came with a decent set of AFR heads on it. Without a good cylinder head, the motor will never make good power.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Banned

OP runs at the 1/4 i heard he runs 9.50s at 110 mph. Crazy ETs man crazy.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep… well most of that is true. The statement was arrogant, I was going for 'dripping', but I think I fell a tad short….

The launch sucked, as the stage prep sucked, the nittos won't hold, thus ya can't preload… and absent the preload, there's not much chance of gettin' out of the whole 'well'. So what ya saw there was a 1.75 60' that was delivered through simply driving out of the hole. She naturally broke loose, so I had to get out of it, then go again.

And finally… let's be honest here… there's never been a full weight bolt-on LS anything that's hit those numbers. Unless there's something in physics which just makes 'em run 7/10s slower than that down here… which seems fairly unlikely to me.

I understand that you were just trying to be arrogant… despite the glaring deficits ya seem to have in that department, but to bring it back to the POINT… the MPH is NOT as important as getting to the finish line first.

I honestly didn't think I'd get a lot of blow back on that point. But this IS the internet and there's always SOMEONE that will argue about ANYTHING.
So you dont think its possible for a bolt on ls1 f body to run 7.7 at 90?? Ok Ok fine...

That car actually went 7.6 at 91mph... sorry man.. That was on a stock GM tune file as well hitting the rev limiter running out of gear....

Car made an incredible 335whp!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

So you dont think its possible for a bolt on ls1 f body to run 7.7 at 90?? Ok Ok fine...

Eduino's 12.1@113 - YouTube

That car actually went 7.6 at 91mph... sorry man.. That was on a stock GM tune file as well hitting the rev limiter running out of gear....
Oh HEY LOOK! A video of an F-body making a pass. Wonderful stuff…

I'm SHOCKED that it wasn't bone stock with 3 passengers and 'missed third'…

But kudos for copping to the bolt-ons… mighty white of ya~
Old 08-03-2013, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

IMO, whichever one has the better cylinder head will win the race. Both heads suck bone stock... especially the 2Vs.

My buddies crate motor entry level Golen 396ci LT1 trapped 119mph with 4.10s and a 3000 converter. Cam was also a great deal smaller then this guys as well. But that motor came with a decent set of AFR heads on it. Without a good cylinder head, the motor will never make good power.
No arguing with that…

The last setup I had on that car ran a Lt-1 350, running a best 7.76 NA, on refreshed stock heads and 4.10s.

Of course the slicks made it nice for blasting out of the hole… and the cool, sweet air of winter didn't hurt.

The current tune is dog meat as it sits; running pig rich, but we'll eventually find someone to lean her out and we'll likely ratchet the stall up a bit and that'll trim several tenths… So I'm fairly happy with the runs last night. Drop the humdity back down to 50% and there's another tenth or two right there ALONE.

Put the stickies back on her and we're good for 1.4-5 60'… So it's all good.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Banned

Sick wing, i think if you add some length to it youll get into the 8s on ET hopefully lose MPH too. Cause MPH is worthless its all about dat ET baby. woo.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your ET and your MPH suck.....
Old 08-03-2013, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

oh dear... another one of these guys. That was my friends F body.

You made the claim... i backed it up. Do you want me to show you the time slip of my H/C GTO with stock gear, stock wheels, stock tires, stock cubes, and stock intake manifold at 3650lb raceweight?

Ill give you a hint.... dont say "yes". It will just shed more light on your ignorance and arrogance.

I didn't make a 'claim'. I stated a fact…

You posted a video of an F-body making a pass and CLAIMED that it was a bolt-on, full weight car, noting that it had a factory tune; which one would assume it would, given the otherwise stock setup, thus the statement brings into play the dubious nature of your veracity.

Now here's the thing… I've made over a thousand passes in that car, and a fair percentage of the opposition were LS powered F-bodies in ever conceivable configuration.

Starting from a Bolt-on 150k mile LT1 F-body, I ran every friday and saturday night, for YEARS! Turning out my nightly mid-9s, and wondering what it must be like to run in the mid-high 8s and low 9s like the LS cars… and over time, through trial and error, having had absolutely NO experience in even repairing cars, have now built two engines, of which the previous build was a sweet little 11 second Lt1 350… Which was criticized by every form of douchery known to the web, but which came to win vastly more races than it ever lost.

So… because of that, I can tell you with absolutely no risk of contravening fact, that the full weight, bolt-on LS1 F-body, along with it's GTO LS counterpart, run mid to mid-low 8s. Every time… And that's with the Fast Intake, headers and a SuhWEET freakin' tune.

And that is without regard to your squeezin' out a slip which you claim represents a GTO that traps 7.6 at 91mph further claiming that it was full weight, bone stock, with a stock tune ( ), minus the AC delete and a CIA. But if you feel compelled to show the slip that shows all that, I've no problem with it.

Last edited by OVA1; 08-03-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Your ET and your MPH suck.....
As compared to what?
Old 08-03-2013, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Compared to just about anything......

You have a Stroker with almost 400 cubes with 5.13 gears in a stalled automatic getting the floor wiped by bolt on LS1's......Congrats
Old 08-03-2013, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't make a 'claim'. I stated a fact…

You posted a video of an F-body making a pass and CLAIMED that it was a bolt-on, full weight car, noting that it had a factory tune; which one would assume it would, given the otherwise stock setup, thus the statement brings into play the dubious nature of your veracity.

Now here's the thing… I've made over a thousand passes in that car, and a fair percentage of the opposition were LS powered F-bodies in ever conceivable configuration.

Starting from a Bolt-on 150k mile LT1 F-body, I ran every friday and saturday night, for YEARS! Turning out my nightly mid-9s, and wondering what it must be like to run in the mid-high 8s and low 9s like the LS cars… and over time, through trial and error, having had absolutely NO experience in even repairing cars, have now built two engines, of which the previous build was a sweet little 11 second Lt1 350… Which was criticized by every form of douchery known to the web, but which came to win vastly more races than it ever lost.

So… because of that, I can tell you with absolutely no risk of contravening fact, that the full weight, bolt-on LS1 runs mid to mid-low 8s. Every time…

And that is without regard to your squeezin' out a slip which you claim represents a GTO that traps 7.6 at 91mph further claiming that it was full weight, bone stock, with a stock tune ( ), minus the AC delete and a CIA. But if you feel compelled to show the slip that shows all that, I've no problem with it.
What? My GTO went 7.3 at 95mph in the 8th on nothing but a 360 treadwear street tire...

Quick Reply: '96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS