Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

M3 vs Cammed GTO, K04 A6, and SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default M3 vs Cammed GTO, K04 A6, and SRT-4

*Cliffs at bottom*

So, this weekend was fulfilled with motorcycle riding, car washing, and street racing. Here's how it all went down. My friends and myself were pretty frustrated with the car scene here so we decided to do something about it. We're going HAM!! on the texts with everyone around. Some luck found us some runs in a ghetto area we really didn't care too much about. They were all about "street racing" where we're more about the highway stuff. We're not getting into specific details but basically we were not down to run with these dudes. So we're thinking to ourselves what else could we do? Then we're like whatever we will try out this local meet tonight and see what it's all about. Boy am I glad we did. All in all I got in 4 runs, he got in 4 runs, and a bunch of other people got runs in.

So, when we initially got there, we’re met by a small parking lot with a 13’ Viper in it, surrounded by 13 people with 13 cameras sharing 13 different facebook feeds. Cool. So I’m loud as hell being somewhat black and all, and I’m thirsty to run anything. Ahh that Red GTO over there looks good. He says he’s stock at first. I clearly see an exhaust. Then 10 minutes later he spills some beans but not all of them. Torquer 2 Cam, full bolt on, auto car. Cool story bro, you’re going to walk me. But I’m thirsty as a 13 year old girl who just had sex for the first time. Gotta get it in. (I do not condone young girls having sex).

Here’s how that played out: first run was a 40 roll and the second a 60.

I lost pretty badly. He just pulled, and pulled, and pulled. Time for more mods.

So we get back I’m like good pull I expected it but I did expect him to pull more than he did. So I’m like blah, blah, blah, with all these people talking mods and stuffs, and this Audi pulls up. Really mature dude, cool peoples, THIRSTY!!! Awesome, he’s talking about his bolt ons and I’m taking it all in trying to figure out how much power he makes. In the end I don’t know tooo much about Audi’s 2.7TT but I know enough to suffice. He’s got K04’s running 15 psi and full bolt ons. At first I was like, eh, I am going to lose pretty badly. He can’t brake boost so I will get the jump, his turbos will spool, he will catch back up and put about a length or two on me right? Nope not what happened at all. Watch.

This was a 40 roll. He didn’t want to give me a 60 roll and it’s a good reason he didn’t. It would have been worse for him. I’ve learned a thing or two about my car since the last few races.

So we’re all hyped up and there’s an SRT-4 there willing to run. He’s a full bolt on pump gas car and I’m like I will watch you run this turbo Miata and then I will run you. I beat him pretty bad. No video on this one but it was ugly. Off the hit I stole like 5 candies from his baby hands and never gave them back and continued the assault with some punches. Really cool guy and very mature but there’s always someone faster than you.

Well hopefully you enjoyed this weeks session of runs. Next week the M3 gets parked and the bike runs the GTO on a 175 or 200 progressive shot along with a WS6 on a 150 shot. Should be interesting if they hook. If they hook, they will win, if they spin they’re going to play catch up.

GTO- LQ4 or 9, not sure heard from a 3rd party that heard from the owner its a 6.0 iron block, Torquer 2 cam, full bolt on, BBK headers, some random exhaust, and stock gears. Claimed 400 something and it's believable but I'm guessing he was on a nitrous tune because he said he was down 12* of timing? Idk, that guy was full of **** the whole night.

M3- 3.2l I6 for those that don't know, intake, crappy can tune, and UDP's

A6- K04 turbos, 15 psi, supporting mods including larger intercooler.

Last edited by Tracked350Z; 08-12-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet races! We just took my buddies e46 m3 for a 1200 mile road trip. Sweet car his is intake exhaust tune and the paddle shift transmission and the zzp track pack or something like that. It pulls hard for a little i6 lol. I drove it 500 miles and I was impressed, disliked the lack if cruise control tho lol!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Nice runs.. Really interested in the runs next week.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you expect your M3 to make to the wheels?
I'm surprised the A6 kept up as strong as it did.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

A 2.7 with K04s should've knocked you into next Tuesday, a plain jane K04 S4 is a 115+ mph car on pump gas, A6 isn't that much heavier than an S4!

Good runs though, I say **** the bike next week, come bring the M3 to the meet I'm going to on Friday!! =D
Old 08-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by odthetruth
What do you expect your M3 to make to the wheels?
I'm surprised the A6 kept up as strong as it did.
If he is as modded as he says, then I'm surprised he didn't get me by more.

Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust
A 2.7 with K04s should've knocked you into next Tuesday, a plain jane K04 S4 is a 115+ mph car on pump gas, A6 isn't that much heavier than an S4!

Good runs though, I say **** the bike next week, come bring the M3 to the meet I'm going to on Friday!! =D
The k04s are great turbos. I'm going to double check with him this weekend to make sure he does in fact have k04s and not just the factory. K03's. where at on Friday and what time. Just shoot me a text.

Quick Reply: M3 vs Cammed GTO, K04 A6, and SRT-4